PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fourth!!

Judy G. Russell
July 3rd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Happy Fourth of July everybody!

Probably won't have any fireworks here in my part of the East Coast -- there are all kinds of nasty thunderstorms predicted for sundown -- but at least I can reminisce about last year...

ndebord
July 4th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Probably won't have any fireworks here in my part of the East Coast -- there are all kinds of nasty thunderstorms predicted for sundown -- but at least I can reminisce about last year...

Judy,

With any luck those thunderstorms will be scattered and you'll get your firework display. (Personally I like what they do in Red Bank.)

Judy G. Russell
July 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
With any luck those thunderstorms will be scattered and you'll get your firework display.I hope so, but it sure doesn't look promising at the moment...

(Personally I like what they do in Red Bank.)I was tempted to go down there last night, but got sidetracked by a dinner invite from friends I haven't seen in a while...

BobStone
July 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Happy fourth to you and all who inhabit this forum.

May all your fireworks get off brilliantly and safely.

-Bob

ndebord
July 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I hope so, but it sure doesn't look promising at the moment...

I was tempted to go down there last night, but got sidetracked by a dinner invite from friends I haven't seen in a while...

Judy,

Well, the storm rolled through here awhile ago and it has stopped raining for now. Perhaps you'll get lucky!

Happy Fourth!

lensue
July 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
>Probably won't have any fireworks here in my part of the East Coast <

Judy, we had an incredible storm come through about 3 this afternoon but now it seems everything is okay and the fireworks are on around here! Happy July 4! Regards, Len

lensue
July 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM
>Personally I like what they do in Red Bank<

Nick, we lile Red Bank alot--we were just there about 3 weeks ago. What goes on July 4 in Red Bank? Regards, Len

Lindsey
July 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
May all your fireworks get off brilliantly and safely.
Some kids in the neighborhood were setting some off (rockets with starbursts, not just firecrackers) in a grassy triangle where two streets merge together, even though they are strictly forbidden in this county; it sounded like an invasion!! Fun to watch, though.

--Lindsey

davidh
July 4th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Probably won't have any fireworks here in my part of the East Coast -- there are all kinds of nasty thunderstorms predicted for sundown -- but at least I can reminisce about last year... Oops, I bought Foster's at the supermarket. But there were no other quart size cans or bottles at all, Pabst, Bud, Miller, etc.. What's happening to the world?

DH

Judy G. Russell
July 4th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Perhaps you'll get lucky!Hmmm... depends on how you mean that...

Judy G. Russell
July 4th, 2006, 10:14 PM
the fireworks are on around here!And they were locally here as well. From the Jamesburg-Monroe celebration -- I'll save NYC for next year (click on an image for full size):

Red White & Blue

http://www.pbase.com/jgr/image/62966532/medium.jpg (http://www.pbase.com/jgr/image/62966532)

The Finale

http://www.pbase.com/jgr/image/62966534/medium.jpg (http://www.pbase.com/jgr/image/62966534)

ndebord
July 4th, 2006, 10:17 PM
>Personally I like what they do in Red Bank<

Nick, we lile Red Bank alot--we were just there about 3 weeks ago. What goes on July 4 in Red Bank? Regards, Len

Judy lives closer than I and keeps better track of actual dates, but two years ago I think, w made it for their fireworks which were very nice in that nice little harbor they have there. Add in the proximity to restaurants and watering holes, not to forget shopping (if you make it a day trip too) and it was a very enjoyable experience. Afterwards, don't try to get out of town going north on the Rt 35 bridge, stick to the Garden State instead, as the traffic jam is unbelievable.

I'm not sure which day they do their fireworks on. Often towns will pick a different night than the 4th to celebrate, not wanting to compete with NYC.

Judy G. Russell
July 4th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure which day they do their fireworks on.Usually on the 3rd.

ndebord
July 5th, 2006, 06:32 AM
And they were locally here as well. From the Jamesburg-Monroe celebration -- I'll save NYC for next year (click on an image for full size):

Judy,

Oooooh! I'd say you done good here!

<g>

Dan in Saint Louis
July 5th, 2006, 07:47 AM
it sounded like an invasion!! Fun to watch, though.
http://www.pimpmefamous.com/story.php?title=16000-firecrackers

Judy G. Russell
July 5th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Oooooh! I'd say you done good here!Thanks, Nick. It really is a challenge trying to watch the fireworks and take pictures at the same time...

Judy G. Russell
July 5th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I like the way the very steady camera all of a sudden wasn't so steady...

lensue
July 5th, 2006, 10:25 AM
>not to forget shopping <

Nick, thanks, not for me but my wife loves it! BTW have you ever gone slightly west out of the downtown area to the antique stores--pretty extensive! And from Red Bank we love to ride into Rumson and look at those wonderful homes--real mansions! Regards, Len

lensue
July 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM
>From the Jamesburg-Monroe celebration <

Judy, wow--they're great! Regards, Len

Judy G. Russell
July 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks, Len! I always have fun trying to remember how to shoot fireworks...

Lindsey
July 5th, 2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.pimpmefamous.com/story.php?title=16000-firecrackers
Sorry, can't get it to play here. I'll have to wait until I can try a broadband connection somewhere else.

--Lindsey

Mike
July 5th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks, Judy, and glad to hear you had a good time, too.

Brent had to work, and he made me get up at o-dark-thirty to help. To celebrate the occasion, the bar had free wienies for everyone.

We went on the roof at 9:15 to see the fireworks (the sky was clear enough to see SF's, Oaklands, and a few of the illegal impromptu displays), but it was so windy and chilly that we gave up after a few minutes. :-(

Judy G. Russell
July 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Brent had to work, and he made me get up at o-dark-thirty to help. To celebrate the occasion, the bar had free wienies for everyone.There are certain disadvantages to a career where you have to work on all the holidays...!

Jeff
July 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM
The bar had... That's quite a bar you have there. The Missouri Mule, maybe?

Mike
July 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't mind so much if he didn't make me work, too...

Mike
July 7th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Remember that it's a gay bar.

The sign out front said, in big letters: "Free wienie."

The fine print at the bottom: "Free hot dogs, starting at 3 pm, while supplies last."

ndebord
July 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Remember that it's a gay bar.

The sign out front said, in big letters: "Free wienie."

The fine print at the bottom: "Free hot dogs, starting at 3 pm, while supplies last."

Mike,

I suppose there's a smaller sign, in 5 pt. type that says: " Provide your own condiments."

Judy G. Russell
July 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't mind so much if he didn't make me work, too...Good point!

Mike
July 9th, 2006, 02:59 AM
"Provide your own condiments."
Actually, condiments were provided, too, Nick. ;)