PDA

View Full Version : Bombers bomb the Mets!

Judy G. Russell
July 3rd, 2006, 09:19 AM
What in the world happened in the Bronx last night (and can we package it and make it happen as needed in the future)??? I turn the game off when it's 4-1 Mets and I wake up this morning to find that it's 16-7 Yankees, with ARod accounting for seven runs all by himself. Geez!!! What did they feed those guys last night, and can we get more of it???

ndebord
July 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
What in the world happened in the Bronx last night (and can we package it and make it happen as needed in the future)??? I turn the game off when it's 4-1 Mets and I wake up this morning to find that it's 16-7 Yankees, with ARod accounting for seven runs all by himself. Geez!!! What did they feed those guys last night, and can we get more of it???

Judy,

I too went to bed having seen the same score. WOW! is all I can say. Wright was an open book to the Mets, being a National League guy they've seen before. Lasted just an inning and a fraction. I thought it was all downhill from there. AND A-ROD! SEVEN RBIs! WOW!

And Nick Green hit a home run with 1 on and 2 outs!!

And and and and. Jeter 3 for 5, Giambi 2-5 (actually 4 for 5, with his normal 2 BBs), A-Rod 3-5, Posada 2-5 and 2 BBS just like Giambi. Melky 2-5 and 3 rbis!

WOW.

And the pitching. Villone went 3 giving up one run after Wright self-destructed and everyone else pitched in. Myers went two innings, great for guy expected to just get one lefty out!

Judy G. Russell
July 3rd, 2006, 10:58 AM
WOW is right. I couldn't believe it. Absolutely couldn't believe it. I don't know what they were drinking in the dugout, but I'll happily buy them a case every game day...