PDA

View Full Version : scratching for runs in da Bronx

ndebord
June 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Geez, it is getting too hairy in da Bronx. Cano went on the 15-day disabled list and they brought up Nick Green to backup in the infield. This kid is going to be good, in a year or two, but not yet. He's only hitting around .220 at Columbus. That makes Cairo the second baseman and he can't duplicate Cano's hitting ability. Melky is doing good, but he's young. They need a banger now more than ever as A-Rod is not only not stepping up to the plate (if he did, then he and Giambi could carry the team), but is slumping so badly that you might want to say he can't handle NY pressure (.218 recently).

SIGH.

Right now, the Yankees are in danger of dropping out of the pennant race. And once again, the team wasted a good pitching effort by a pitcher people did not expect to do good. This time Wright. Wright went 6 innings and only gave up 1 run. The other day, Chacon gave up 2 earned runs and lost too. The same for Wang. Moose and Johnson are now pitching well, but the hitters? They tried out the entire roster from Columbus it seems and none of them except Melky are an everyday player. They didn't luck into lightning in a bottle this time around.

Cashman has to make a deal before the July deadline.

Judy G. Russell
June 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Cashman has to make a deal before the July deadline.And just who is he going to give up????

ndebord
June 28th, 2006, 07:45 PM
And just who is he going to give up????

Judy,

Give up? Not the Yankee way. Lots of cash and a prospect for a middle level player. BUT PERHAPS NOT NECESSARY after today's game. Wang went 7 good innings...the bullpen didn't screw up too badly....A-Rod hit a walk-off homerun to win the game!

Looking at the pitching and feeling good. Johnson, Mussina, Wang, Wright and Chacon....all are now pitching at least 5 innings and most are doing 6 or bettter with really good eras, not counting infield errors which is still an issue. We need middle relief. We seem to be O.K. with starting pitching. Hitting is the issue and IF today means that A-Rod gets going, then maybe not!

Judy G. Russell
June 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
We need middle relief. We seem to be O.K. with starting pitching. Hitting is the issue and IF today means that A-Rod gets going, then maybe not!We still need middle reliefe even if the hitting catches on.

ndebord
June 29th, 2006, 10:03 AM
We still need middle reliefe even if the hitting catches on.

Judy,

There are a couple of guys, Doctel and another whose name escapes me, that "may" make a difference in middle relief if they get healthy and that is a big IF.

Judy G. Russell
June 29th, 2006, 10:13 AM
The whole TEAM will be different if people get healthy!!!

ndebord
June 29th, 2006, 05:44 PM
The whole TEAM will be different if people get healthy!!!

Judy,

Neither Sheff nor Matsui are likely to be in game shape even if they do manage to show up late in September.

Judy G. Russell
June 29th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Sigh... I'm afraid you're right, at least as to Matsui. I'm still holding out some hope we may see Sheffield soon.

ndebord
June 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Sigh... I'm afraid you're right, at least as to Matsui. I'm still holding out some hope we may see Sheffield soon.

Judy,

Don't count on Sheff. The failure to resign him for 2007 rankles and I doubt he'll be in any hurry to return, particularly since he'll be expected to immediately produce and this is throwing him into the fire sans Spring Training, only the fire is the crucible of late pennant race.

Judy G. Russell
June 29th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I'm not counting on him. I'm just ]hoping[/B].