PDA

View Full Version : Now, you know what word comes next

FrankMCook
June 24th, 2006, 05:29 PM
so my wife asks, have you ever seen Now, Voyager ... and I try to explain that while it is a classic movie and a line from a classic poem, it was also the title of a thread rivaled only by Snowtires and T's Bottom, not that anything really ever rivaled the later unless it was her top, and off I went scurrying to see if I still had it achived and to check back in here after what the screen says has been a year. actually I almost got here a couple of weeks ago after seeing a Sony ad for a DVD that used a blue laser which triggered memories of T reporting that her husband's team at HP had developed such a thing I think when they were in Japan.

so hi. I'll try to remember to check back but I suspect I'll drift away before too long. Estah checks in every year of so when she visits book publishers here in Indianapolis. I try to remember to check in with Paul Ferrarra when I go to Columbus but I haven't done that in a couple of years. Nick drops me occassional messages out of the blue when something about autoracing gets him thinking about Indy. otherwise, except for the annual holiday card from Illinois, I'm out of touch with the group.

Lindsey
June 24th, 2006, 09:14 PM
so my wife asks, have you ever seen Now, Voyager ... and I try to explain that while it is a classic movie and a line from a classic poem, it was also the title of a thread rivaled only by Snowtires and T's Bottom
Hi, Frank! Good to see you again!

Funny you should bring "Now, Voyager" up -- Turner Movie Classics was airing that movie early this evening, and it made me think about that thread! Actually, it was a bit before my time on CompuServe, but I remember hearing about it. As you said, it was legendary.

Don't be such a stranger!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Hiya Frank! Good to "see" you around.

lensue
June 25th, 2006, 07:51 AM
>"Now, Voyager"<

Lindsey, this sounds intriguiing--would one still be able to look it up in the Compuserve Forums somewhere. Did the thread take place in the Tapcis Forum of Compuserve or elsewhere? Regards, Len

Lindsey
June 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Lindsey, this sounds intriguiing--would one still be able to look it up in the Compuserve Forums somewhere. Did the thread take place in the Tapcis Forum of Compuserve or elsewhere? Regards, Len
It was a TAPCIS forum thread, but it was a long time ago. There's no way now to look it up on CompuServe; the thread would long since have scrolled off the board even if the forum were still there, which it is not.

I don't know whether that thread was ever archived or not. I don't see it in the last copy of the file catalog, but it may have been there much earlier and then later removed. If it was ever there, I don't have a copy. I never saw the thread, just heard about it later on.

--Lindsey

lensue
June 26th, 2006, 07:54 AM
>the thread would long since have scrolled off the board even if the forum were still there, which it is not<

Lindsey, thanks, I forgot about the scrolling--now with the new format the threads are supposed to last forever! Regards, Len

Lindsey
June 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Lindsey, thanks, I forgot about the scrolling--now with the new format the threads are supposed to last forever! Regards, Len
Yeah; the only trouble is finding 'em!

--Lindsey