PDA

View Full Version : hjb!

lbenner
May 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I got an e-mail today announcing the new website (I'm not quite sure why I got it) clicked on the link and before me was a tribute to my father, Howard Benner. How proud I was to see that 15 years after his death, he is still impacting the computer world. Thank you for the tribute.

Toni Savage
May 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Wow! I'm more impressed that YOU are here than you ever could be with our feeling of veneration for your father.

He was responsible for something that changed a LOT of lives for the better!

He is a bit like a saint around here.... may I touch the hem of your robe?

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Your father was and will always be special to all of us who ever had the great good fortune to know him, and those of us who "only" had the great good fortune to be able to use the program he created. Tapcis literally opened the online world up to me, and I have friends everywhere I would never have come into contact with otherwise. I owe him an enormous debt of gratitude, and I'm delighted that you saw our loving tribute to him.

lbenner
May 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Wow! I'm more impressed that YOU are here than you ever could be with our feeling of veneration for your father.

He was responsible for something that changed a LOT of lives for the better!

He is a bit like a saint around here.... may I touch the hem of your robe?
I'm not worthy but thank you!! :)

lbenner
May 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Your father was and will always be special to all of us who ever had the great good fortune to know him, and those of us who "only" had the great good fortune to be able to use the program he created. Tapcis literally opened the online world up to me, and I have friends everywhere I would never have come into contact with otherwise. I owe him an enormous debt of gratitude, and I'm delighted that you saw our loving tribute to him.

He was quite special to us as well. When he passed away, Marilyn had sent me a disk with all the tributes from the forum. At the time I had printed them out but they are now beginning to fade. I would like to have them for his grandsons (2 of mine and 1 from his other daughter) to have someday but I'm afraid they won't last and after several moves, I'm not quite sure where that disk is anymore(I know it is somewhere). Is there somewhere that an only semi computer literate person can go that those messages would be archived so that I can get a copy on a cd? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for your kind words.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I don't know, but I will find out. And if you can find that disk, I guarantee you we can do the contents up proud for all of the children and grandchildren.

Marilyn Ratcheson
May 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM
> Marilyn had sent me a disk with all the tributes from the forum.

Lynne? Lisa?

Hi. I'll look around for my copy of the diskette. I'm sure I never would have thrown it out, but one move and several computers later, I'm just not sure where the file is. If I'm able to find it, I can copy the contents to a cd, hopefully it's a 3.5 inch diskette, but even if it's 5.24 inch I might be able to get to it. I'm pretty sure it was a tapcis message file, which is just plain text, so you should be able to print it out without a problem.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

-Marilyn

lbenner
May 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM
It's Lynne! I did find the disk and was able to get it onto my computer so I will have no trouble copying on to a cd. I can fill you in on lots of events in our lives if you want to e-mail me (trophyhunter1212@aol.com).

Lynne? Lisa?

Hi. I'll look around for my copy of the diskette. I'm sure I never would have thrown it out, but one move and several computers later, I'm just not sure where the file is. If I'm able to find it, I can copy the contents to a cd, hopefully it's a 3.5 inch diskette, but even if it's 5.24 inch I might be able to get to it. I'm pretty sure it was a tapcis message file, which is just plain text, so you should be able to print it out without a problem.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

-Marilyn[/QUOTE]

lbenner
May 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I don't know, but I will find out. And if you can find that disk, I guarantee you we can do the contents up proud for all of the children and grandchildren.

I'm not quite believing it but I actually found it! Thank you for your offer

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Oh excellent. If you need any help in getting it printed, just let us know.

lbenner
May 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Oh excellent. If you need any help in getting it printed, just let us know.
thank you, I will!