davidh
May 31st, 2006, 05:50 AM
http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6726598049.html

DH

davidh
May 31st, 2006, 06:00 AM
http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6726598049.html

DH

I was playing with my Mom's Sony DVD player and found out it will play photo (JPG, TIF) slide shows with MP3 audio accompaniment from CD. You can have up to 7 "virtual rolls of film" on one CD.

I wonder if one could make a kind of simple minded karaoke with lyrics on JPG images and musical accompaniment in the MP3 audio ? Might be pretty hard to get the timing right ?

DH

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2006, 09:21 AM
David, it's not quite "smashed". In fact, roughly half of the claims for the patent were specifically upheld. Don't know whether they're key claims or not, but it's a far cry from invalidating the patent as a whole.

davidh
May 31st, 2006, 02:26 PM
David, it's not quite "smashed". In fact, roughly half of the claims for the patent were specifically upheld. Don't know whether they're key claims or not, but it's a far cry from invalidating the patent as a whole.

:(

BTW, speaking of video graphics, my Mom and sister played "Liar Liar" on DVD at their Memorial Day indoor "picnic" for us. So I then also had a chance to figure out how to play my MP3 CD on it and play one of my sister's FujiFilm photo CD's on it (the Sony DVD). When I put the photo disk on her XP laptop, it seemed like a couple different programs might have been fighting for control of the CD, one of them was Kodak software, but I forget the details.

DH

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2006, 04:37 PM
it seemed like a couple different programs might have been fighting for control of the CD, one of them was Kodak software, but I forget the details.Can't help much on that. When I put anything into my XP systems, it usually brings up a list and says "do this? or what?"

davidh
May 31st, 2006, 08:06 PM
Can't help much on that. When I put anything into my XP systems, it usually brings up a list and says "do this? or what?"

Actually I wasn't really asking a question, sometimes I just like to bitch and moan ;)

DH

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2006, 09:25 PM
sometimes I just like to bitch and moan ;)I can understand that. I do it myself, about once an hour...