PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod FINALLY!!!

Judy G. Russell
May 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Those three runs were gotta-haves... and he delivered.

FINALLY!

I was sure beginning to get worried.

And Jared Wright looked good, and Sheffield's back, and...

Whew. Nice game.

ndebord
May 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM

FINALLY!

Whew. Nice game.

Judy,

See? I told you Wright was looking right! And Shef is back and the last time Damon hit a home run to lead off a game was against us!

Now if Wang, Chacon and Small can round into form, we'll be fine. (The keys though to my mind were Damon (2-5, 1 rbi) and Jeter (2-4, 2 rbis). Once you get the top of the order rolling, the Yankees are hard to stop.

Proctor, OTOH, looked positively lousey tonight.

(Too bad we can't get Manny. 3-5, 4 rbis. Imagine what he could do in NY with his base in Washington Heights (OH I'm sorry, they're calling it "Hudson Heights" in the real estate brochures these days)!

Judy G. Russell
May 23rd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Too bad we can't get MannyOh wouldn't that be nice...

ndebord
May 24th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Oh wouldn't that be nice...

Judy,

I'm real curious about the open auditions Torre is holding in the outfield and middle relief. All these fellows coming up and going back to Columbus. Bean is already back down. Who is this guy Long? Reese? We know Cabrera is probably either a regular or a backup, depending upon whether or not Cashman goes out and looks for another outfielder.

Mike Landi
May 24th, 2006, 08:31 AM

FINALLY!

Whew. Nice game.

I hate to rain on A-Rod, but I'm not that impressed. He hit that home run when we were already up by four. Now, we needed those runs and I'm happy he hit the ball over the Monster, but it was not clutch.

A-Rod is a player we need to get us to the playoffs. His output will build on leads or cut into deficits, but until he can hit when that particular at-bat is crucial, he will still not measure up.

Also, Wright looked great, but he left the game early with a tweaked groin (<g>). We cannot afford another player to go on the DL!

ndebord
May 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I hate to rain on A-Rod, but I'm not that impressed. He hit that home run when we were already up by four. Now, we needed those runs and I'm happy he hit the ball over the Monster, but it was not clutch.

A-Rod is a player we need to get us to the playoffs. His output will build on leads or cut into deficits, but until he can hit when that particular at-bat is crucial, he will still not measure up.

Also, Wright looked great, but he left the game early with a tweaked groin (<g>). We cannot afford another player to go on the DL!

Mike,

Bite your tongue. Wright is going to be O.K. (I hope!).

As for A-Rod...sigh, where do you play him? I don't want him batting 3rd as he just doesn't plate the runners. I would rather see either Sheff or Giambi batting third, which doesn't make that much sense as they are your big guns, but not A-Rod...not there.

Maybe Cabrera can bat 3rd, but that is asking a lot of a raw rookie.

Posada, but he runs like a Mack Truck...

Mike Landi
May 24th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Put A-Rod eighth, before Cano. <g>

ndebord
May 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Put A-Rod eighth, before Cano. <g>

Mike,

Ah, just looked at the box score from last night. Sheff batted 3rd and A-Rod 4th. BTW, Sheff has a broken hand, so playing with it is iffy.

:-(

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm real curious about the open auditions Torre is holding in the outfield and middle relief. All these fellows coming up and going back to Columbus.It'd be terrific if some of 'em were good enough to stick.

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2006, 05:45 PM
until he can hit when that particular at-bat is crucial, he will still not measure up.Agreed, but it was still a whole lot better than going 0-for-4!

ndebord
May 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
It'd be terrific if some of 'em were good enough to stick.

It'd be terrific if some of 'em were good enough to stick.

Judy,

Use a stick, as in hit the ball or use a glove, as in catch one.

SIGH! Long looked as though he were "long-ing" to return to Columbus, or at least that is how it looked to me when I saw how poorly he played in the field.

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2006, 11:36 PM
They're young and they'll learn... we hope.

Mike Landi
May 25th, 2006, 08:22 AM
True.

How about Farnsworth yesterday? Striking out Ortiz with the bases loaded!

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM
How about Farnsworth yesterday? Striking out Ortiz with the bases loaded!That was simply gorgeous. We need a few more moments like that from all of the pitching staff... Johnson is such a disappointment.

ndebord
May 25th, 2006, 10:43 AM
That was simply gorgeous. We need a few more moments like that from all of the pitching staff... Johnson is such a disappointment.

Judy,

Don't write off Johnson just yet. After his now normal meltdown in the first few innings he pitched well. He may yet come around.

Meanwhile did you see Cabrera, batting leadoff and going 2-4 with 4 rbis! No need for the Yankees to look around for another outfielder (at least yet).

<g>

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
You are ever the optimist when it comes to Johnson.

And Cabrera looked terrific! Sure would be nice to scarf up a few more like that one!

ndebord
May 26th, 2006, 02:04 AM
You are ever the optimist when it comes to Johnson.

And Cabrera looked terrific! Sure would be nice to scarf up a few more like that one!

Judy,

Johnson's pedigree preceeds him. If he was locating and getting hit, I'd be more than worried, I'd be looking for the scrap heap to dump him.

Maybe they'll try Reese in the outfield and we'll see if there is more lightning in the bottle where Cabrera came from.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Johnson's pedigree preceeds him. If he was locating and getting hit, I'd be more than worried, I'd be looking for the scrap heap to dump him. Only if they can dump his salary as well...

Maybe they'll try Reese in the outfield and we'll see if there is more lightning in the bottle where Cabrera came from.Wouldn't that be nice...