PDA

View Full Version : Home Again

Wayne Scott
May 20th, 2006, 01:07 PM
On Labor Day, 2005, I arrived at Newark Airport and was greeted by our beloved leader, Judy, and Toni Savage. We went to a wonderful Italian joint where we were joined by the Habers and the Marchgrave and his consort. I bullied Judy into delivering me to the Waldorf later that evening. On Wednesday I left on a cruise aboard the Regent Seven Seas Navigator, a tiny cruise ship carrying only 470 or so passengers. We travelled up the coast with stops in Boston, Bar Harbor, PEI, Halifax, and up the St. Lawrence to Montreal.
On April 7 this year I boarded the same Navigator and visited Canaveral, Savannah, Charleston, Bermuda, Bahama and back to Lauderdale where we were ashore for 3 days during which I had the pleasure of spending most of a day with Bill Hirst and Sue. The Navigator had a 3 day charter to force the delay. We then set out for 8 days crossing the Atlantic to Madeira, then to Casablanca, Malaga, Mallorca, Barcelona, Sete and ending in Monte Carlo. I flew from Nice to Heathrow and then to LAX after an absence of a month and a day.
I've now been home for a couple of weeks and I'm getting used to home.
I'll be home until June 26 when I will tag along while my youngest son's choral gives concerts in Vienna, Innsbruck and Venice.

Wandering in Wyoming

Judy G. Russell
May 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM
... Boston, Bar Harbor, PEI, Halifax, and up the St. Lawrence to Montreal... Canaveral, Savannah, Charleston, Bermuda, Bahama and back to Lauderdale ... crossing the Atlantic to Madeira, then to Casablanca, Malaga, Mallorca, Barcelona, Sete and ending in Monte Carlo. ... Vienna, Innsbruck and Venice...WAAAAAAH!!! I'm soooooo jealous.

So... where are the pictures?

Wayne Scott
May 20th, 2006, 06:04 PM
WAAAAAAH!!! I'm soooooo jealous.

So... where are the pictures?
I carried my Canon for the whole trip and never took a picture until the last 48 hours when I snapped some of the employees that I wanted to remember.

Negligent in Norway

Judy G. Russell
May 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I carried my Canon for the whole trip and never took a picture until the last 48 hours when I snapped some of the employees that I wanted to remember.

Negligent in NorwayOh. Oh, Wayne. Come on now. Please. Some of us can't go gallivantin' around the world the way you do, and we need you to let us take at least a virtual trip. Don't you DARE do that again when you go back to Europe in June, d'ya hear???

Toni Savage
May 20th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I always forget to take pictures, too! And with digital, I can't even claim to have run out of film.

Judy G. Russell
May 21st, 2006, 10:05 AM
I always forget to take pictures, too! And with digital, I can't even claim to have run out of film.I have seriously had situations where I have come close to running out of "film" even with the digital. I have a little more than 1 Gb of CF cards (one 512, two 256, one 128 and two 32) and if I'm out for a day and can't get to a laptop or other storage medium to offload my shots, I can come verrrrry close to running out!

Mike
May 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
<drooling>

ndebord
May 22nd, 2006, 12:38 AM
I have seriously had situations where I have come close to running out of "film" even with the digital. I have a little more than 1 Gb of CF cards (one 512, two 256, one 128 and two 32) and if I'm out for a day and can't get to a laptop or other storage medium to offload my shots, I can come verrrrry close to running out!

Judy,

Look on eBay. I found a 1Gb CF card there for under 50 bucks.

Judy G. Russell
May 22nd, 2006, 09:15 AM
I have poked around eBay for this, but am a bit worried about the quality of what's offered there. I'd rather spend just a little more and know what I'm getting.