PDA

View Full Version : Turning Off Post Icons

Guerri Stevens
June 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I have my Options set to the Basic Editor interface. What I would like is to make it even more basic and not show me the Post Icons box. I am unlikely to use icons, and the box chews up screen real estate. It would be nice if I could turn that off, for all types of posts - new thread, reply, and quick reply (and others if there are some).

Guerri
a.k.a. Wilhemina Plasticine Cat

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM
What do you have your editor set for (UserCP | Edit Options | Miscellaneous Options)? The basic text box is probably the best we can do.

Guerri Stevens
June 6th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I have my editor set to basic editing - simple text box. The others are Standard with additional controls and Enhanced with full WYSIWYG. So you're right that basic is the best I can do.

Is there a way to make requests for changes to the forum platform? Of course my number 1 change would be an offline reader <g>.

Judy G. Russell
June 6th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Is there a way to make requests for changes to the forum platform? Of course my number 1 change would be an offline reader <g>.
Actually, yes: vBulletin has its own forum (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/) with an area where you can make feature requests!

Guerri Stevens
June 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Actually, yes: vBulletin has its own forum (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/) with an area where you can make feature requests!

So what now? If I were reading this discussion using (sob) TAPCIS, I would mark this message as H (held) so it would stay in the view. I am guessing that messages stick around, so in theory I could find it again.

I did go to the site, but it says you have to log in. Log in with what? Is anyone allowed to go there?

Reply weirdness: I clicked on the Quote icon to reply to your message. It popped up a window for me to write my reply. But there is a "title" box at the top. I assume that is not the subject, and I've seen things on other messages. What is the purpose of the title?

Judy G. Russell
June 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM
So what now? If I were reading this discussion using (sob) TAPCIS, I would mark this message as H (held) so it would stay in the view. I am guessing that messages stick around, so in theory I could find it again.
Using Firefox or Mozilla, just CTRL+T to open a new tab and go back and forth as needed.

I did go to the site, but it says you have to log in. Log in with what? Is anyone allowed to go there?
Yes, anyone can register for the non-member sections.

Reply weirdness: I clicked on the Quote icon to reply to your message. It popped up a window for me to write my reply. But there is a "title" box at the top. I assume that is not the subject, and I've seen things on other messages. What is the purpose of the title?
You can, if you wish, make your own thread title (changing the subject from a prior post). If you don't want to do that the software automatically picks up the first words of your post and makes them the title. (This is not true in The Parlor, where the software is supposed to pick up the thread title automatically from the prior post.)