PDA

View Full Version : Maalox in the Bronx

Mike Landi
May 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Red Sox vs. Yankees, in the Bronx.

Randy Johnson vs. Josh Beckett.

Should (have been) a good game.

What a mess! Johnson has shown flashes of his old self, but he's done.

What's next, Moose pitching batting practice tomorrow?

What a disgrace....

Judy G. Russell
May 9th, 2006, 09:43 PM
What a disgrace....I had to work late tonight, got out to the car, turned on the ignition, top of the 6th, first pitch, Manny Ramirez homers. I didn't even have to hear the full score to know it was baaaaaaad news.

ndebord
May 10th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Red Sox vs. Yankees, in the Bronx.

Randy Johnson vs. Josh Beckett.

Should (have been) a good game.

What a mess! Johnson has shown flashes of his old self, but he's done.

What's next, Moose pitching batting practice tomorrow?

What a disgrace....

Mike,

Johnson may be done, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. His location has been terrible, but has a better slider than last year and he still lights up the gun on his fastball. No more 97 mph, but still 94.

Mike Landi
May 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM
We were doing well in the first, Giambi hit a 2 run HR, all was looking good. Then the Big Unit left a Big Turd on the mound. ARod joined the crapper party...and those were the highlights for us.

Mike Landi
May 10th, 2006, 08:37 AM
He is walking a lot of batters, and that is a big problem. If he is not throwing strikes, batters can just sit and wait...run up the pitch count and wait him out.

Judy G. Russell
May 10th, 2006, 09:45 AM
...and those were the highlights for us.Sigh... I'm glad I was working late...

ndebord
May 10th, 2006, 10:50 AM
We were doing well in the first, Giambi hit a 2 run HR, all was looking good. Then the Big Unit left a Big Turd on the mound. ARod joined the crapper party...and those were the highlights for us.

Mike,

Forgotten in Johnson's meltdown was just how bad Small looked. I don't think middle relief is his place, despite their desire to exploit his "versatility." I think he should go back into the starting rotation. How about Small as starter and Johnson as relief pitcher?

<sour grin>

Judy G. Russell
May 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM
How about Small as starter and Johnson as relief pitcher?ROFL!!! Don't do that to me when I'm sitting there drinking a cup of tea!!