PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Cancel Option?

BettyB
June 4th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Sometimes when composing a reply or new message I change my mind about posting. In those cases I've been using the Back button to return to reading the thread or whatever but this seems a bit awkward. Is there a Cancel option that could be added alongside the Submit button?

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I don't know but I'll add it to the June weekend "things to find out."

MollyM/CA
June 9th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Sometimes when composing a reply or new message I change my mind about posting. In those cases I've been using the Back button to return to reading the thread or whatever but this seems a bit awkward. Is there a Cancel option that could be added alongside the Submit button?
If you use quick reply closing the window (double chevron in upper right corner) seems to work. You can check the "quote message" box (I just did) and it didn't seem to do anything but if you "go advanced" you're stuck again --you get the fancy window without the close chevrons.

BettyB
June 14th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks Molly, I'm sure one day this new software will be second nature to navigate but so far I'm wandering around blindly.

There seems to be several ways in which to write/post a reply or a message here and it's confusing as heck - at least to me. I've tried the Quote option and the Reply option alongside. Now I'm using the other Reply option that appears below. Haven't yet figured out which one actually puts the message in the correct tree spot. I suppose there's an appropriate time to use each of these options and only time and usage will make it easier to understand. (sigh)

BB

Judy G. Russell
June 14th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Quick Reply or Quote will thread the reply properly. Post Reply, well, I'm not so sure.