PDA

View Full Version : Paellaing myself in Spain

Fernando
June 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Anchors aweigh!! I just joined this x-rated forum from Marbella, Spain, where I am paellaing myself out. Broiled peppers, chorizos, lamb chops, seafood, what else can I ask for. At the same time, this is a vacation trip with Mrs.

I completed my Matador Course by mail and bought a bull, which is being delivered to the hotel. Tomorrow I will chase it mit a sword and a shoe!!

Many keckles to everybody except you!

Fernando

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2005, 10:04 AM
'Nando! You devil, you! I'd ask where you've been but would only get a bull story in return! Post a picture of yourself in your suit of lights...

rlohmann
June 4th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Cara al Sol, Fernando---

Since you're there in Spain, would you be kind enough to pick up any dungeon-type equipment that might be left over from the Holy Inquisition?

We here at the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy have an election coming up, and we want to maintain control of the outcome.

You may rise.

My Grace

davidh
June 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
With an ambassador and a gourmet cowboy, I think the forum is about to enter on a new era of political and cultural maturity.

David H.

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Frightening, isn't it?

Lindsey
June 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM
¡Hola, amigo! I have yet to encounter paella, but I did find a restaurant on a business trip to Dallas last November with a wonderful tapas menu. My boss (who is more a 16-oz steak guy) wasn't pleased with the small portions, but I thought the selections were delicious.

I don't think you needed to buy a bull--you only needed to cruise through Washington, where there's all the bull you could ever wish for floating around for free...

--Lindsey

chm
June 7th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Excuse me, who's the gourmet cowboy? I'm intrigued.

Carolyn

chm
June 7th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Hurray! Glad to see you.

What would Section 8 be without you?!

BTW, you've actually met me before but I was asleep at the time.

So how's the bull?

Keckles,

Carolyn

davidh
June 8th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I think there was a picture of Fernando on a camel in the old forum library, I think. That might qualify as a cowboy. I don't know if he eats them too? I forget if they're kosher or not. Something in the bible about hooves split or not and cud chewing or not?

David H.

Judy G. Russell
June 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I think 'Nando is the gourmet cowboy. And of course Fernando intrigues everybody (including the police on several continents). I'm not sure we can give away his current secret identity however. Nonetheless this (http://ampas.org/press/pressreleases/2002/02.04.23.html) may give folks who don't know him some hints...

Lindsey
June 8th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I think there was a picture of Fernando on a camel in the old forum library, I think.
And we may as well add it here, too, I guess! Let me dig up the original file description...

In 1989, I was a pioneer road warrior, travelling with a Toshiba 5100
laptop. In this photo, from Tangier, Morocco, I may be setting the road
warrior trend for this millennium. Digital photo taken by Ahmed (he never
writes..) with a Canon D30, 1/30 sec. f 2.0 Canon Ultrasonic f 1.8 28mm.
(equivalent to +- 50mm on this camera). June 2001 Digimarc
--Lindsey

chm
June 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Judy, David & Lindsey - okay, I get it. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I also checked out your link, Judy.

How does he do so much? and in so many different places? He has an identical twin brother, right? ;)

Carolyn

Judy G. Russell
June 8th, 2005, 08:24 PM
How does he do so much? and in so many different places? He has an identical twin brother, right? ;)
He's been cloned.

MollyM/CA
June 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Fernando mostly just helps the camels over the fence.

MollyM/CA
June 8th, 2005, 09:01 PM
He's been cloned.
Gasp!

Bill Hirst
June 8th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Fernando mostly just helps the camels over the fence.

You made me spit up my cola!

Judy G. Russell
June 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
True. I wouldn't lie to you. He has a sister named Dolly and...

Lindsey
June 8th, 2005, 11:53 PM
How does he do so much? and in so many different places?
Because he's Fernando, of course!

True story: A year ago last November, I travelled to New York City especially to see an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History about Petra (http://nabataea.net/petra.html), the ancient lost city of the Nabataeans in the Jordanian desert. This is a city that is accessible only through a very narrow cleft in the mountains--on foot or by camel, horse, or donkey--reached its zeneth during the first century C.E., had fallen into ruins, thanks to several devastating earthquakes, by the end of the Byzantine Empire, and disappeared from maps for a millennium, known only to local Bedouins, before it was re-discovered by a Swiss traveler in 1812. I had never heard of it at all until NPR aired a segment about the exhibit in New York.

I happened to mention to Fernando in an e-mail the exhibit I had seen about this breathtakingly beautiful and impressive place. "I have been there!" he replies. I nearly fell in the floor laughing. I should have known...

--Lindsey

Fernando
June 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Grace,

The Inquisition? Are those the guys with the white hoods...I better tun !!!

Shalom!

Fernando

Fernando
June 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Judy,

If this forum is not bound by censorship and the First Ammendment is respected, I will post the entire collection from by Bidet-Can from the last Tapfest.

Fernando

Fernando
June 9th, 2005, 03:59 PM
With an ambassador and a gourmet cowboy, I think the forum is about to enter on a new era of political and cultural maturity.

David H.
I can ambass and can eat, but could never, ever defeat Mike Tyson.

Fernando

Fernando
June 9th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Excuse me, who's the gourmet cowboy? I'm intrigued.

Carolyn
BURP !

Fernando, retired Latin Liver

Fernando
June 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM
And we may as well add it here, too, I guess! Let me dig up the original file description...

--Lindsey
Ahmed never wrote.

Lindsey
June 9th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Ahmed never wrote.
He must have run off with the camel...

--Lindsey

chm
June 9th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I'll take that as a confession. Besides, I saw the camel photo here.

I'm wondering, wouldn't that make you a camelboy instead of a cowboy...?

But, then, you do have that paella-eating Spanish bull...

Anyway, great to see you, Fernando. :)

Carolyn

chm
June 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Because he's Fernando, of course!

True story: A year ago last November, I travelled to New York City especially to see an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History about Petra (http://nabataea.net/petra.html), the ancient lost city of the Nabataeans in the Jordanian desert. This is a city that is accessible only through a very narrow cleft in the mountains--on foot or by camel, horse, or donkey--reached its zeneth during the first century C.E., had fallen into ruins, thanks to several devastating earthquakes, by the end of the Byzantine Empire, and disappeared from maps for a millennium, known only to local Bedouins, before it was re-discovered by a Swiss traveler in 1812. I had never heard of it at all until NPR aired a segment about the exhibit in New York.

I happened to mention to Fernando in an e-mail the exhibit I had seen about this breathtakingly beautiful and impressive place. "I have been there!" he replies. I nearly fell in the floor laughing. I should have known...

--Lindsey
"This is a city that is accessible only through a very narrow cleft in the mountains..."

Hmm, sounds exactly like when we take the 91 to see family in Corona...

But I digress.

Your story about Fernando doesn't surprise me, somehow. Besides, as Judy said, Fernando has clones, so he can easily be anywhere and everywhere all at the same time. Yep, that's how he does it.

Wayne Scott
July 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Nando: The saliva is welling up in my mouth. We enjoyed the paella in Barcelona so much I still wake up thinking about it.
If you get too involved with that bull, your ewe will be terribly jealous.
Take care, good friend.

Curm (or, as you prefer, Curmie)

Wayne Scott
July 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Not frightening, exciting.
If we can get the Ambassador AND the Elector both infesting this place, it may well turn out to be a real Taproom.
In that spirit, may I buy a round?
BARMAID, A DRINK FOR EVERYONE ON MY TAB.

Hopeful in Havana

Wayne Scott
July 2nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Carolyn: I remember a lunch Tapfest at the Caffe Roma on Canon Drive which I think you attended where the Ambassador was the host. You didn't notice, but I was wearing boots with my Levi's.
Remembering in Ravenna

Judy G. Russell
July 2nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
I'm tempted to say "make mine a white Zinfgandel" just to see if your head really will spin all the way around...

chm
July 3rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Carolyn: I remember a lunch Tapfest at the Caffe Roma on Canon Drive which I think you attended where the Ambassador was the host. You didn't notice, but I was wearing boots with my Levi's.
Remembering in Ravenna
Yes, that was the lunch where I was suffering big time from sleep deficit. So, anyone could have been there and I might not have noticed.

Boots with your Levi's? Well, if I had drunk myself under the table, or something like that, I might have noticed. ;)

Not into shoes,

Carolyn

BrucePatterson
September 30th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Fernando!

I got married last July in Brazil, now I'm trying to get my wife into the USA. Do you have any secret ( or sacred) smuggling techniques?

I was hoping I could import her via Tapsex.

any ideas?

The Bruce