PDA

View Full Version : Semi-colon to comma delimiter?

Peter Creasey
April 19th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I have a file that I would like to import to a SeaMonkey email address book but it is in semi-colon delimited format rather than comma delimited.

Is there any way to import the semi-colon delimited format or otherwise convert it to comma delimited format?

Karl Semper
April 19th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Can't you do a replace and replace the semi-colon with a comma...

davidh
April 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I think some versions of MS Excel (and Access?) will let you pick which punctuation to use as a delimiter when you open such a file. If that works, then you could "save as" CSV (comma separated values) file, from within Excel. Perhaps Open Office would allow this too?

David H.

Peter Creasey
April 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Can't you do a replace and replace the semi-colon with a comma...

Karl, Thanks! Your comments made me realize how to learn to do this with my word processor, Lotus Word Pro.

Peter Creasey
April 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I think some versions of MS Excel (and Access?) will let you pick which punctuation to use as a delimiter when you open such a file. If that works, then you could "save as" CSV (comma separated values) file, from within Excel. Perhaps Open Office would allow this too?

David, I use the Lotus packages (Word Pro and 123). Your and Karl's comments led me to how to learn to get this accomplished.

Thanks!