PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 1.5.0.2

davidh
April 14th, 2006, 07:09 AM
My Firefox just updated itself to 1.5.0.2 automatically.

I don't know whether there is a setting to switch this updating between auto and manual. But if there is and somebody has it set to manual, then please be so advised that the update is apparently now available.

David H.

Judy G. Russell
April 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for letting folks know, David!

davidh
April 14th, 2006, 07:49 AM
FWIW

Firefox 1.5.0.2 froze during the very first run on my PC. If this is a problem in FF, it might be in the update part of it as opposed to the regular browser part per se.

Since it hung on the first run, it did not note/remember that it had already notified me that the update had been performed, and so it told me that fact AGAIN when I started FF up after the freeze. So it may or may not be a good idea to close FF and restart it as soon as the update is finished.

David H.

ndebord
April 14th, 2006, 08:11 AM

I don't know whether there is a setting to switch this updating between auto and manual. But if there is and somebody has it set to manual, then please be so advised that the update is apparently now available.

David H.

David,

And for those who like the previous engine, FireFox 1.0.8 is also out.

Guerri Stevens
April 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM

There is indeed an option to check for updates or not. It is under Tools|Options|Advanced|Update.