PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] Att'n: CompuServe users

Judy Madnick
March 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I am posting this message from the Yahoo! Groups site and would like
to know whether CompuServe users are able to receive it.

It is clear that CompuServe is for some reason no longer accepting
messages from my Express Plus email client -- for a reason that they
can't provide. I know that in mid-January, my messages were going
through to CompuServe users just fine. (I checked here on the Web to
determine that.) I was using the same email client at that time. (As
I've mentioned before, I've eliminated Road Runner as the "culprit.")

If CompuServe users are able to read this message, I will try to
remember when I deal (which fortunately hasn't been often -- LOL!)
to post the "word" and the definitions on the Web.

I'm sad that CompuServe users are not going to see my votes and
other comments/questions, but that's the way it goes, I guess. <sigh>

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Lindsey
March 30th, 2006, 09:03 PM
It is clear that CompuServe is for some reason no longer accepting messages from my Express Plus email client -- for a reason that they can't provide.
I'm not sure I've seen all the messages about this problem (which is one reason I don't follow the Dixonary message section -- the threads are too fragmented to make sense), but I would recommend that you post an inquiry about this problem in the Classic CompuServe Support Forum (http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ws-cssoftware). There's a section there for e-mail support. CompuServe's own Customer Service would not be likely to be able to help you with that sort of thing, as I think you have seen. But Gary Malzen in Classic Support can help you troubleshoot the problem, and he has some contacts on the mail team that may be of some help, too.

It's ridiculous for CompuServe support to say that they don't block mail, because obviously they do -- otherwise the incoming spam would completely overwhelm the entire system. But that sort of thing is not in their script, so it's useless to expect them to answer questions about it.

I do know that if the mail appears to be coming from a "residential" server rather than from an ISP, CompuServe will block it, because that's a common spammer setup. It could be that a misconfiguration somewhere is making your mail fall afoul of that filter, but Gary can help you determine that. Be sure to give him all the information you have about the problem, including any error messages you may have received.

Gary hangs out on tapcis.com, too, but I don't know how often he checks the message board. You'd likely get a more rapid response by posting on Classic Support.

--Lindsey