PDA

View Full Version : Round 1697: DICTY

Daniel Widdis
March 28th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Having exhausted all real obscure words, I'm forced to make one up for this round. Er... just kidding. This one is actually in a dictionary somewhere.

Da woid for Round 1697 is:

*** DICTY ***

As usual, no indication of capitalization or otherwise is implied.

Please send me your fabulous, fanciful, fake, fictitious, fairy-tale, fabricated, false, fantastical, forged, fabled, far fetched, fraudulent, flim flam, feigned, fanatical, and figmental definitions by private reply to this message. If you're reading this on the Tapcis Web Forums, you need simply click on my name above this post and "Send email to Daniel Widdis." If you're reading this on the coryphaeus mailing list, don't make the mistake of hitting reply: instead, address a new email to me at widdis@gmail.com. If you've received this message via carrier pigeon, you're on your own figuring out how to get your definition to me.

The deadline is just under 36 hours from now, specifically, at 10am PST Wednesday, March 29. That's 1pm EST, and 18.00 UTC.

Should I receive numerous DQs overnight (a common occurrence when I deal) I'll pick a new woid in the morning.

Daniel B. Widdis
March 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
In the past ten hours I have received five definitions and zero DQs, so
it looks like DICTY will stand. Those who have submitted definitions
have been acknowledged individually. If you didn't receive a witty
reply from me, I don't have your def and you should resend it.

As a reminder, the woid is DICTY, the address is widdis (AT) gmail (DOT) com, and
the deadline is in 25.5 hours at 10am PST Wednesday.

--
Dan