PDA

View Full Version : Better Late....

rlohmann
March 25th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Happy Birthday, Judy.

(It's a little late, but we here at the VWRC have never joined the stampede to be the first at everything.)

:o

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2006, 08:23 AM
And here I thought you and the Admiral knew everything...

(Thanks. Seriously. All the birthday greetings have just extended the birthday all week!)

Jeff
March 25th, 2006, 01:07 PM
And a Happy Birthday from a sunny Saturday in Colorado. No candles, needed or counted...

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM
As a (late) birthday present, you can send some of the sun east, thank you very much...

Jeff
March 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM
As a (late) birthday present, you can send some of the sun east, thank you very much...

An average of 330 days of sun here. I imagine we could spare some, but it would have to be during our nighttime, of course. Have to keep up appearances, don'tchknow...

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2006, 06:33 PM
An average of 330 days of sun here.Sigh... I could go for that... BIG time...

ktinkel
March 25th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Sigh... I could go for that... BIG time...But what would you do about the other 35 days a year? Go to Hawaii?

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2006, 09:26 PM
But what would you do about the other 35 days a year? Go to Hawaii?Ooooh... what a nice idea... Actually, I was reading today about a first class train ride out west (and drooling over the idea) ...

Lindsey
March 25th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Ain't that the truth! My old college roommate and I trekked to Lynchburg today for a day of farewell ceremonies for our alma mater's current president, who is retiring at the end of this academic year, and we ran into SNOW in Nelson County. Totally unnerving! (Fortunately, the snow turned to rain after we got out of the mountains, but still...)

Tonight, though, the weatherman was promising that the weather would be warm enough to keep the windows open at night by next weekend. (That is, if you don't mind opening your windows to temperatures in the 40s.)

--Lindsey

lensue
March 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM
>Sigh... I could go for that... BIG time...<

Judy, me too--when am I gonna get some gardening in out here! Regards, Len [waiting for some daffodils to open!]

Judy G. Russell
March 26th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Len [waiting for some daffodils to open!]Me too me too! And I can see the flower buds inside my tulips! Waaaah! I want spring and I want it NOW!!!

Judy G. Russell
March 26th, 2006, 09:09 AM
My sister in Blacksburg says it's been snowing on and off all weekend there. Bleah. And our forecast here for the next 10 days has us getting above 60 only twice. Bleah again. C'mon spring! I'm tired of waiting!

Lindsey
March 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
C'mon spring! I'm tired of waiting!
Amen!

--Lindsey

lensue
March 27th, 2006, 07:55 AM
>C'mon spring! I'm tired of waiting!<

Judy, it's coming--today looks pretty darn good with all the sun and that perfect blue sky--my daffodils are starting to wake up! And 60's for later in the week--it's gonna feel great! Regards, Len

sidney
March 27th, 2006, 02:11 PM
C'mon spring! I'm tired of waiting!

Summer is now over here in New Zealand. (Over where? Over here? No, it's over! Gone!)

Daylight Time is no longer being Saved.
Cool, wet rain fell all day yesterday.

(It never gets actually cold, to my New England raised senses).

Another gray morning right now.

Winter is on its way.

-- sidney

Judy G. Russell
March 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
You know, that actually makes me feel better, Sidney. Thanks.

Judy G. Russell
March 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I can actually see the flower buds inside my tulips. And my daffodils are soooooo close to blooming. (I can't believe I'm actually going to have more flowers. The person who can kill any plant just by LOOKING at it, and I'm gonna have more flowers!) All I need is a few more days of warm weather...

Judy G. Russell
March 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Today even the 50s felt great. And all that sunshine...

C'mon daffodils and tulips! C'mon!

Lindsey
March 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Summer is now over here in New Zealand. (Over where? Over here? No, it's over! Gone!)
My favorite clerk at the local Border's left Sunday to re-locate in New Zealand. It occurred to me last night that he should either have left at the end of last summer, or waited until the end of this one, since he's now going from one winter to another one.

--Lindsey

sidney
March 29th, 2006, 04:56 AM
since he's now going from one winter to another one.

It depends on which part of New Zealand he's going to. South Island gets a real winter with snow and all, but here in the north the winters are much closer to those in California, never reaching freezing. We have a couple of months of quite pleasant weather still to come before it is really winter, although the mix will include some rainy days and some hot muggy sunny ones.

-- sidney

Judy G. Russell
March 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
here in the north the winters are much closer to those in CaliforniaHmmm... now that doesn't make me feel quite as smug (smuggy?).

sidney
March 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
now that doesn't make me feel quite as smug

Weel, I was trying to make you feel a bit better, but the truth is that the two gray rainy drizzly cool days and the earlier nightfall that reminded me that summer is over have been followed the past few days by hot muggy weather, less comfortable than summer but not at all what I would associate with the onset of winter, in which many of the flowers have decided to have a second blooming season, acting like they think the shorter days are Spring instead of Autumn. Our gaura in particular have perked up.

-- sidney

Judy G. Russell
March 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM
the two gray rainy drizzly cool days and the earlier nightfall that reminded me that summer is over have been followed the past few days by hot muggy weather, less comfortable than summer but not at all what I would associate with the onset of winterNow that we appear to be really honestly no-foolin' into spring, I won't begrudge you a while longer for your summer.

Lindsey
March 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM
It depends on which part of New Zealand he's going to. South Island gets a real winter with snow and all, but here in the north the winters are much closer to those in California, never reaching freezing. We have a couple of months of quite pleasant weather still to come before it is really winter, although the mix will include some rainy days and some hot muggy sunny ones.

I'm not sure where he was going; I'm not sure he was really sure either. But he always seemed like a great connisseur of the travel guides, so my guess would be he'd be headed to the warmer north. He's more a California type of guy.

--Lindsey