PDA

View Full Version : St. L Ron Hubbard trumps St. Peter?

davidh
March 18th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Cruise Shuts Down 'South Park?'
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=3611

Kiwi Catholics protest South Park episode
http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=19413

I don't know anything about Scientology cuisine, so I suppose that Lenten cuisine and Emeril Lugase Mardi Gras cuisine might still trump Scientology cuisine.

So far, actors Arnold S. and Ron Reagan have both been elected governor of Cali. If Tom Cruise is a resident thereof maybe he should run for President, in addition to Molly.

I'm not too far from Scientology HQ in Clearwater. And nearby Tarpon Springs, FL is big on tourism for Greek culture. Maybe I should try to locate a Scientology restaurant to compare with Greek cooking. OTOH maybe there are some nearby Greek Orthodox restauranteurs who have converted to Scientology. That would be confusing.

Maybe whoever has the best chocolate should be the winner.

David H.

Judy G. Russell
March 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Any program that annoys both the Catholics and the Scientologists has to be a good thing.

davidh
March 18th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Any program that annoys both the Catholics and the Scientologists has to be a good thing. Well .... a high dose of low brow adolescent fraternity style humor might not be the best medicine in the long run.

American humor as traveled some distance since Will Rodgers (or even Red Skelton), but not necessarily uphill.

David H.

P.S. I don't necessarily take offense since, you'll be drinking (corned) beef liver and brussel sprouts (cabbage) gruel if Ralph ever catches you. Anyway, it has good vitamins and minerals.

Judy G. Russell
March 18th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Oh man... I love Red Skelton. Always did. Some of his sketches were just amazing, and nobody was his equal.

But there is something to be said for annoying the establishment, y'know...

RayB (France)
March 18th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Oh man... I love Red Skelton. Always did. Some of his sketches were just amazing, and nobody was his equal.

But there is something to be said for annoying the establishment, y'know...

A faux-feeling of superiority, I would imagine. The Brits excel at it.

davidh
March 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM

But there is something to be said for annoying the establishment, y'know... Establishment ... I believe that includes attorneys at law.

sidney
March 18th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Cruise Shuts Down 'South Park?'
Kiwi Catholics protest South Park episode

And combining the two, you get...

http://www.cults.co.nz/sci/elrondhubbard.jpg

-- sidney, who passes both a Catholic school and a Scientology centre on my daily commute here in Middle Earth

Judy G. Russell
March 18th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Nah... sometimes it's just enjoying being annoying.

Judy G. Russell
March 18th, 2006, 10:56 PM
It does? EEEEK!!! Run for the hills!!!

Judy G. Russell
March 18th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Oh ROFL and LOL and ROFL some more!!!

Bill Hirst
March 26th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I have to love a show that claims up front "The following program contains coarse language and due to its content should not be viewed by anyone."