PDA

View Full Version : Techniques to Ponder

rlohmann
March 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM
As Marchgrave of Brandenburg in spe I had always believed that I had a reasonable concept of the infrastructure necessary for keeping malcontents under control: dungeons with large quantities of gruel (brussels sprouts stuffed with liver) and occasional wiretaps and roundups of Usual Suspects.

Some guy from Yale has a somewhat more detailed program:

http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord1.htm

There are some good ideas there.

:->

RayB (France)
March 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
As Marchgrave of Brandenburg in spe I had always believed that I had a reasonable concept of the infrastructure necessary for keeping malcontents under control: dungeons with large quantities of gruel (brussels sprouts stuffed with liver) and occasional wiretaps and roundups of Usual Suspects.

http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord1.htm (http://)

I fell asleep somewhere in the mid-100s. Why isn't he out chasing broads instead of this excercize in fantasy?

Judy G. Russell
March 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.Oh darn... there goes my best idea...

davidh
March 5th, 2006, 06:15 PM
with large quantities of gruel (brussels sprouts stuffed with liver) Sounds yummy, do you buy in bulk or does the help prepare it?

David H.

Lindsey
March 5th, 2006, 10:43 PM
LOL!! This is along the lines of the one I immediately thought of:

My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will not be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.

I have noticed that any time the "good guys" are able to hack into the computer system of the "bad guys," it's always with a trivially obvious password...

--Lindsey

ndebord
March 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM

http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord1.htm

Ralph,

Obivously GWB has read this prescription.

"# I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well."

Obscure prisions all over Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Africa show that GWB, Cheney and Rummie have preempted this idea already!

RayB (France)
March 6th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Ralph,

Obivously GWB has read this prescription.

"# I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well."

Obscure prisions all over Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Africa show that GWB, Cheney and Rummie have preempted this idea already!

Makes sense to me.

ndebord
March 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Makes sense to me.

Ray,

Yup. Unknown prisoners in unknown prisons, run by Americans without recourse to either the Geneva Convention or U.S. courts. We're not doing too good if you ask me. Reminds me of this:

"In Germany they [the Nazis] came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." - Pastor Martin Niemoeller, 1946

rlohmann
March 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
(a) In bulk, of course. There are going to be a lot of evildoers in that dungeon once the regime changes.

(b) I presume the Ministry of Punishments will select appropriate felons to do the preparation.

rlohmann
March 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Obscure prisions all over Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Africa show that GWB, Cheney and Rummie have preempted this idea already!I don't really see the need for elaborate interrogations. We already know who the Usual Suspects are.

(And so do they.)

<sneering insouciantly>

ndebord
March 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I don't really see the need for elaborate interrogations. We already know who the Usual Suspects are.

(And so do they.)

<sneering insouciantly>

So you're for closing these CIA and Pentagon prisons everywhere then?

<g>