PDA

View Full Version : Come on spring!!!!!

Judy G. Russell
February 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM
You're just bragging about your vacation.

Sigh.

I don't blame you -- I wish I were going too!

lensue
February 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM
>You're just bragging about your vacation<

Judy, you're right--I gotta get away from this darn cold weather--the wind was blowing fiercely last night--I'm glad no trees came down! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
February 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Ditto here -- no trees down but lots and lots of branches. I can't wait for spring...

RayB (France)
February 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ditto here -- no trees down but lots and lots of branches. I can't wait for spring...

We have daffodills in bloom.

lensue
February 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM
>We have daffodills in bloom<

Ray, I hate you! Regards, Len [g]

ndebord
February 26th, 2006, 08:05 PM
>You're just bragging about your vacation<

Judy, you're right--I gotta get away from this darn cold weather--the wind was blowing fiercely last night--I'm glad no trees came down! Regards, Len [g]

Len,

I think we need some export quotas put in place for tourism. All escapees from winter MUST take someone along with them...gratis!

<GGG>

lensue
February 26th, 2006, 10:01 PM
>All escapees from winter MUST take someone along with them...gratis!<

Nick, okay, tell Judy to meet Sue and myself at Newark airport tomorrow at 11:00! Make sure she has good shoes for the hikes through the jungle and to bring binoculars!Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
February 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM
We have daffodills in bloom.Waaaaaah! None in bloom here yet -- even our snow crocuses are a couple of weeks away. But I do see a lot of evidence that SOMETHING might bloom from all the bulbs I planted last fall (tulips, daffodils and crocuses).

Judy G. Russell
February 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
tell Judy to meet Sue and myself at Newark airport tomorrow at 11:00! Make sure she has good shoes for the hikes through the jungle and to bring binoculars!Oh no! I don't have any binoculars! RATS!!!!!

Lindsey
February 28th, 2006, 11:20 PM
>We have daffodills in bloom<

Ray, I hate you! Regards, Len [g]
Actually, I have daffodils that are showing color as well.

--Lindsey

ktinkel
March 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM
Waaaaaah! None in bloom here yet -- even our snow crocuses are a couple of weeks away. But I do see a lot of evidence that SOMETHING might bloom from all the bulbs I planted last fall (tulips, daffodils and crocuses).Don’t know about you, but it seems it would be foolish of many flowers to pop up about now — we are being warned of inches and inches of snow tomorrow, on the ickiest timetable.

I hope my flowers (and garlic) stay underground for another while.

Judy G. Russell
March 1st, 2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, they're saying 4-8" of snow here tomorrow too... but people keep assuring me that the flowers know their business and though some green stuff is sticking up out of the ground, the cold won't hurt the flowers.

I sure hope they're right, because if I did all that work last fall to plant the #$%@ things and then the cold kills 'em before they bloom, I am going to be sooooooooo annoyed.

ktinkel
March 2nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, they're saying 4-8" of snow here tomorrow too... but people keep assuring me that the flowers know their business and though some green stuff is sticking up out of the ground, the cold won't hurt the flowers.They usually do. I have had damaged daffs after a late snow, but we’re (unfortunately) not there yet.

Judy G. Russell
March 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
I keep asking myself, considering how very much I hate winter, how I ended up living my life in the northeast...

davidh
March 2nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
http://www.mapleweekend.com/

Judy G. Russell
March 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Now that looks like fun!

Wayne Scott
March 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
I keep asking myself, considering how very much I hate winter, how I ended up living my life in the northeast...
You guys have had more than your share, for sure. Our complaint here is that we're had a February with too many 80F days.
I'm lucky that my parents moved to California before I was born, and I'm sensible that I have remained here for the ensuing 84 years.
Saturday I'm off to Hawaii for 2 weeks where it's even warmer.
Please accept my apologies for being lucky.

Wayne

Judy G. Russell
March 2nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Saturday I'm off to Hawaii for 2 weeks where it's even warmer.Waaaaaaaaah!!! I'm so jealous!!!

Lindsey
March 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Now that looks like fun!
Doesn't it, though? I may have to plan on doing that one year.

--Lindsey

Lindsey
March 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Please accept my apologies for being lucky.
You are such a meanie!!

(But have fun in Hawaii.)

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
March 2nd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Sigh... one more thing to add to my "I wanna" list. Now if I can just get time...

davidh
March 3rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
Now if I can just get time...

Well, this is far from even being the "next best thing", but it's a weird science experiment you can attempt. And you can run it concurrently with your other research projects and geographical explorations.

Buy a jug of maple syrup and put it in your refridgerator for a couple years. If you're "lucky" you might end up with a giant sugar crystal. Whose refractions you can use to supplement the special effects in your digital photography.

David H.

P.S. If the crystal gets too big you may have to cut or break open the jug.

Judy G. Russell
March 3rd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Buy a jug of maple syrup and put it in your refridgerator for a couple years. If you're "lucky" you might end up with a giant sugar crystal. Whose refractions you can use to supplement the special effects in your digital photography.ROFL!! Oh my... and if I'm unlucky???