PDA

View Full Version : Using the new forum

gasher
June 2nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
I like Tapcis mucho. I'm now in the forum, as you can tell. I'll change my password as soon as I can find the right spot.
thanks for your help.
Gil

Judy G. Russell
June 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
Go to the UserCP (see the image below) and choose Edit Email & Password. Enter the information required and click on the Save Changes button.

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
zDae JPG Judy:

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 08:01 AM
zDae JPG Judy:
Judy:
(I want to type a paragraph as I do in my letters. How is that done? also my typing is terrible - is there a way to use the spell check when I am making a quick reply?
I did as you suggested but I got the reply that my password is incorrect. If necessary I will be glad to change my e-mail address since the program keeps coming up with my CS ID. If xo, how can I do this, please.
Gil

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Go to the UserCP (see the image below) and choose Edit Email & Password. Enter the information required and click on the Save Changes button.
I hope you can tell that this is a 2nd reply to your previous e-mail. As you see I sent a silly e-mail to you. How can I delete this when I see it?
Gil

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Judy:
Thanks for your reply - (many e-mails ago - Sorry for the repetition.)
Once I've asked the question and sent the reply, is there a way to go backwards in the forum? Also
do i need to got out of the forum (or log out of tapcis) before I can see if there is a reply to my question?
How do I make a correction before my mesage is posted in quick reply?
Gil

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Once I've asked the question and sent the reply, is there a way to go backwards in the forum?
There are several ways. You can use the thread tree if you're using threaded or hybrid mode. You can click on the name of the section or of the thread. You can click on the words Tapcis Web Forums at the top and choose another section to read. It's your choice as to what's best for you.

Also do i need to got out of the forum (or log out of tapcis) before I can see if there is a reply to my question?
No. At any time during a session you can click on New Posts (and you can click on that first thing when you start a session) to see what new messages there are.

How do I make a correction before my mesage is posted in quick reply?
Just type over what you had already typed.

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
(I want to type a paragraph as I do in my letters. How is that done? also my typing is terrible - is there a way to use the spell check when I am making a quick reply?
You may need to click on the Go Advanced button under the box to do that.

I did as you suggested but I got the reply that my password is incorrect. If necessary I will be glad to change my e-mail address since the program keeps coming up with my CS ID. If xo, how can I do this, please.
Gil, if you are here in the forum, you must have a working password.

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Open the message, click on the edit button, delete the text and say why such as "deleted due to error in information".

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
You may need to click on the Go Advanced button under the box to do that.

Gil, if you are here in the forum, you must have a working password.
thanks for your reply
Gil

Dear Judy:
In quick reply I clicked on Advance, but I do not see a way to correct my silly misspellings. am I missing something? Suggestions?
Yes, I believe I am in the forum.
I wonder if there is a use in keeping my name as it is. Or will the system corret itself, sometime, to my name in the forum and not my ID in CS. Do you think it will?
Gil
I (sort of) see how to look at previous messages in responce to my (silly) questions.
Thanks. I'll try to digest the info.
Gil

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
There are several ways. You can use the thread tree if you're using threaded or hybrid mode. You can click on the name of the section or of the thread. You can click on the words Tapcis Web Forums at the top and choose another section to read. It's your choice as to what's best for you.

No. At any time during a session you can click on New Posts (and you can click on that first thing when you start a session) to see what new messages there are.

Just type over what you had already typed.
Dae JPG:
What happens when I setup to use threaded or hybrid mode. If I want this, how is that done?
Gil

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
What happens when I setup to use threaded or hybrid mode.
Try it and find out. You need to use YOUR time investigating the forum and its features rather than asking questions first.

If I want this, how is that done?
Upper right hand of messages, Display mode, choose one there.

Lindsey
June 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
What happens when I setup to use threaded or hybrid mode. If I want this, how is that done?
Gil
On the right hand side of the bar at the top of the thread, there's a drop-down box that says "Display Modes" (see attached screen clip). Click on that and choose which way you want your messages displayed. I think the default is "threaded", which gives you a thread tree and displays one message at the time. "Linear" will display several messages on the page, in chronological order. "Hybrid" gives you a thread tree at the top, which you can use to navigate the thread, and a linear display starting from the message you have selected in the thread tree.

You can change the default for your profile in the same "User CP" area you used to change your password. Click on "User CP," then click on "Edit options" under "Settings and Options" in the Control Panel on the left side of the page, then scroll down to the box labelled "Thread Display Options". In the second boxed-off area there, you can choose which thread display mode to make your personal default. There's also a link there to a help page which explains the various choices.

--Lindsey

gasher
June 3rd, 2005, 11:55 AM
I'm slowly getting the hang of this system, I hope. Thanks for your patience. (I sure wish my typing were better.)
Gil