PDA

View Full Version : SITA login fouled up

heinz57g
February 6th, 2006, 03:18 AM
does anybody still keep track or watch the login scripts for SITA logins? jeff? since 01feb some sita points seem to use a new login script, which does not permit login into CIS.

others have remained on the old script, and login is fine, so it cannot be a general SITA account, access or permission problem.

any idea?

should i post the old and new login sequence for comparison?

greetings - heinz -

Judy G. Russell
February 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Heinz, I can't help, but do want to remind you that there's a Compuserve Classic help forum (http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ws-cssoftware) still around... they may be able to track this down for you.

Jeff
February 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM
does anybody still keep track or watch the login scripts for SITA logins? jeff? since 01feb some sita points seem to use a new login script, which does not permit login into CIS.

others have remained on the old script, and login is fine, so it cannot be a general SITA account, access or permission problem.

any idea?

should i post the old and new login sequence for comparison?

greetings - heinz -

Go ahead and post the new sequence, Heinz, but I think I know the problem. The forces of darkness and evil, aka AOL, are taking them over. AOL has for years had two "international networks"; GlobalNet and GlobalNet Plus, and both of them were SITA but with different login sequences. Classic could use GlobalNet nodes, but only AOL crap could use Plus, and then only to reach AOL. I think more are becoming Plus, and thus Classic won't work. CS2K aka AOL will probably work with the Plus nodes, if you're really desperate.

- Jeff

Note to Judy: FWIW no one in Classic support will have ever heard of SITA, or any of the rest of that.

Judy G. Russell
February 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Note to Judy: FWIW no one in Classic support will have ever heard of SITA, or any of the rest of that.Maybe not, but they're in a position to go places and ask the Powers That Be to try to get help.

heinz57g
February 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
judy, sorry but jeff is right: even during the times SITA was still fairly popular, nobody at CLASSIC had ever heard of it. talked to rather knowledable support people in holland once, they activly denied there was such an access to CIS CLASSIC at all!

the two login sequences will be posted shortly, have a look pls.

greetings - heinz -

heinz57g
February 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
jeff and others, here we go:

this is how it was on almost all (100+) SITA/SCITOR/EQUANT
systems worldwide till about january 2006 ...

================================================== ==

CONNECT[Connecting to CompuServe using standard Login [SCITOR]]
[TAPCIS login via the Equant network]
9600/RLP
SITA NETWORK: 2301 360
NUI 19730001
SITA NETWORK: password
XXXXXX

SITA NETWORK: network user identifier 19730001 active

SITA NETWORK: call connected to 2315 946 - hunted
(002) (n, nui 19730001 charging, packet size: 128)

Host Name: CPS

User ID: @?
Present system is PHF on T01FEN at 03:27 Eastern Daylight Time 21-Dec-05

User ID: +100022,102*OTHER/INT
Password:

[TAPCIS(09:27:52): Handshaking with CompuServe] ...... and so on

================================================== ===

this now is the new version since january 2006, working fine in
(so far tried) 6 locations ...

14400/REL COMP
SITA NETWORK: 2301 013
NUI 19730001
XXXXXX

SITA NETWORK: call connected to 2441 391040 - hunted
(001) (n, nui 19730001 charging, packet size: 128)

Translating "host.uupops.net"...domain server (57.250.130.2) [OK]
Trying equant.wan.wcom.net (195.232.2.131, 41191)... Open

0255LMG

Present system is PHA on T255[5Z at 17:41 Eastern Standard Time 6-Feb-06

Password:
[TAPCIS(23:42:56): Handshaking with CompuServe] ...

and here comes the one that does NOT work, so far
tried in 3 (for me important ) locations ...

28800/REL
SITA NETWORK: 2381 444
NUI 19730001
XXXXXX

SITA NETWORK: call connected to 2441 257095 - hunted
(005) (n, nui 19730001 charging, packet size: 128)

Trying equant.wan.wcom.net (195.232.2.131, 41246)... Open

0257LMO

Present system is PHH on T01]C3 at 17:21 Eastern Standard Time 6-Feb-06

Access is not permitted through this source (gl - 3549)

[Connection to host.uupops.net closed by foreign host]SITA NETWORK: 2381 444
[TAPCIS(23:21:30): Unable to complete login]

now where do i go from here? who wld know what the reason (gl - 3549) cld be?
note that it errors out even before the PASSWORD is requested/written.

greetings - heinz -

earler
February 7th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Perhaps I missed something, but if the 2nd method works, why bother with the third?

-er

heinz57g
February 7th, 2006, 06:36 AM
locations, earler, locations! the second protocol was from SITA/EQUANT/SCITOR nodes in some countries, the third one from totally different countries.

see my remarks between the ==== lines.

previously, ALL SITA/EQUANT/SCITOR nodes worldwide had the same login script and sequence, which is the only way to make sense in what is supposed to be a globe-spanning system.

greetings - heinz -

Jeff
February 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Heinz, the first of course is the original Classic login sequence, and I'm figuring that the second is an AOL GlobalNet Plus node that isn't working properly (and thus is letting you in) and the third is an AOL Globalnet Plus node that is working properly and thus is not letting you in. Go here to both sides

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/menu/phone.jsp

look up a failing location and see what the network is called. If a location has just a "Globalnet"; not Plus, node try that. Notice that in both the second and third cases SITA is not carrying the call:

Trying equant.wan.wcom.net (195.232.2.131, 41191)... Open

It appears to be handing it off to some combination of UUNet and/or WorldCom. Can we say AOL? Of course we can, and Classic is not welcome.

- Jeff

heinz57g
February 8th, 2006, 06:45 PM
jeff, in all cases (first, second and third) the networks lists as EQT, even today. which they have for some 3+ years. and all 1-2-3 list as available CLASSIC acces (today !).

the first sequence, you are right, is the log as it was in a l l locations (1-2-3 and all others) untill about one month ago.

is the wording 'SITA NETWORK' actually from the TAPCIS login script, or from the EQT node?

any suggestions?

greetings - heinz -

Jeff
February 9th, 2006, 01:25 PM
jeff, in all cases (first, second and third) the networks lists as EQT, even today. which they have for some 3+ years. and all 1-2-3 list as available CLASSIC access (today !).

the first sequence, you are right, is the log as it was in a l l locations (1-2-3 and all others) until about one month ago.

is the wording 'SITA NETWORK' actually from the TAPCIS login script, or from the EQT node?

any suggestions?

greetings - heinz -

Heinz, I wrote that login script way back when and all references to "SITA NETWORK" are most definitely from the EQT node. When SITA first offered public access to the network they called it Scitor, and then later Equant, but the underlying network is and always has been the original SITA net. And that is and always has been the single largest data network in the world; there is at least one node *every* place in the world where there is an international airport.

As to the changes, I think the node database is out of date as of last month. Hell, I've known it to be out of date for a year. Unfortunately I have no suggestions as I expect Classic access will continue to disappear out from under Tap.

- Jeff

Gary Maltzen
February 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM
is the wording 'SITA NETWORK' actually from the TAPCIS login script, or from the EQT node?That is a prompt string generated by the (EQT) network.

heinz57g
February 10th, 2006, 01:19 AM
wow, where does that leave me? the ''node database out of date'' might get me somewhere with the local SITA office, though. trying. if anybody has any other idea, shoot.

greetings - heinz -

Jeff
February 10th, 2006, 01:18 PM
wow, where does that leave me? the ''node database out of date'' might get me somewhere with the local SITA office, though. trying. if anybody has any other idea, shoot.

greetings - heinz -

No Heinz, I don't think SITA can help. I do think that AOL is messing with things and the Classic node database just hasn't been updated to reflect that. Classic access has always been SITA carrying the call all the way from the node through CIS login. In two of the three examples you posted SITA was not carrying the call, but was handing it over to UUNet and/or WorldCom. That would not have been SITA's idea... I do believe it was told to do that, and since there isn't a CIS anymore, and there hasn't been any international network support in the years since AOL took it over, I believe that's the end of that. Expect more EQT node failures using a Classic login.

- Jeff

earler
February 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
While aol did have its own network division, it was much smaller than CompuServe's. Aoi never ran the CompuServe network. The deal with worldcom was that aol bought CompuServe and immediately transferred the latter's network division to worldcom, which combined it with its uunet division. Since then aol has never been in the network business at all.

Equant took over scitor and it was then bought by france télécom some years ago.

-er