PDA

View Full Version : So crooked they can't even pee straight

Lindsey
February 2nd, 2006, 10:53 PM
They just can't help themselves: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/007586.php

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
February 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Oh ROFL!!! I'd love to know how that happened -- ballot-box stuffing or the fact that they can't count. Is THAT why the President wants more math teachers???

Lindsey
February 3rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Is THAT why the President wants more math teachers???
Hah! Yeah, maybe so -- I hadn't thought about that!

I will take the opportunity to point out that the guy they elected has had his own ethics problems in the past: he's the one who had to apologize for handing out $500 checks from the tobacco industry on the floor of the House several years ago. I think he's also involved in some lawsuit regarding a conversation he had with some other House members, including Newt Gingrich, about retaliating against the House Ethics Committee after they slapped Newt on the wrist. He had joined the conference call on his cell phone, and it was accidently picked up (and subsequently recorded) by some other cell phone user, who passed it along to interested parties.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
February 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
I heard about the checks on the House floor bit... not encouraging...

mshefler
February 7th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Time for a regime change? Anyone know any descendants of Joshua Norton, First Emperor of the United States (and protector of Mexico)? It couldn't be any worse.

Judy G. Russell
February 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
.It couldn't be any worse.Please... don't tempt fate.