PDA

View Full Version : Requests for Access

TapcisForum
May 24th, 2005, 11:22 PM
In addition to the public forums open to all, there are private forums here just for OLR refugees from Tapcis and OzWin (and their friends). This couldn't BE the TapcisForum without the Dragon, alive and well in *Section 8's Dungeon, and the Registered Users section has been renamed *For Members Only and is waiting for those private plaints, complaints and distraints you don't want to air in public.

You need to register to use the forums generally and then post here with a request for access!

And once you're a member with access to the private sections, you can also request access for a friend or relative or even an enemy if you're so inclined.

Mark Hamilton
May 25th, 2005, 10:23 AM
You need to register to use the forums generally and then post here with a request for access!
Ummm, yes please. I was on the Forum staff for the dearly-departed OzWin Forum RIP.

Mark

Chris Carson
May 25th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure I've got the hang of posting yet, but here goes anyway. Please consider this a request for access from a "Registered User" of the old forum.

Thanks,

Chris Carson
ex 71435,121

Dan in Saint Louis
May 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
refugees from ....... OzWinI guess that's me.
private plaints, complaints and distraints you don't want to air in publicYep, that's me all right! Renegade requesting entry, Ma'am!

SMMAssociates
May 25th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Using the "Quote" button to get here - I don't see a "Reply" button anywhere....

And asking for access, too....

Stu Mulne

Olga Johnson
May 25th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Would like to have access as well.

Olga Johnson/Ozwin

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Done. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Done, Chris. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Done, Renegade. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Sandy G
May 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hey, Olga, fancy meeting you here! And I bet we don't even get elfed for bashing the mechanics.

I'd like in, too.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Done Stu. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

And to get a threaded view (and the reply button), look up top to the choices for display modes. Choose hybrid or threaded.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Done, Olga. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

FrankMCook
May 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
count me in. 76246,130 for history sake. need a zapcis serial number?

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Done, Sandy. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Done, Frank. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Sandy G
May 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Works a treat, Judy. Thanks.

Now I just have to find the Reply button and go hassle Stu.

Simon Pallett
May 25th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Judy,

Hi, long time user of TapCIS (and long time lurker of the TapCIS forum <g>) requesting access to the sekrit sections, if I may.

Thanks,

- Simon

douglaswmartin
May 25th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Judy.

May I have access? I should be able to provide a Tapcis registration number if you really need it.

Yours aye,

- Douglas.

heinz57g
May 25th, 2005, 01:01 PM
well, how do it do it? who do i ask? what do i need to qualify?
you are not going to ask a picture?

greetings - heinz -

Bill Hirst
May 25th, 2005, 01:31 PM
If you don't give me access to the private areas I'll hold my breath until I turn blue and then you'll be sorry. :p

-Bill

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Done, Simon. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Done, Douglas. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Done, Heinz. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section. (And what's wrong with a picture???)

heinz57g
May 25th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Done, Heinz. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section. (And what's wrong with a picture???)

well, i thought if i send in my picture, i might have been denied access ...

greetings - heinz -

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hmmm... the picture is THAT bad? Hmmm... we may have to rethink this access bit...

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Excellent. And see the Missing the Reply Button? thread in the Forum Use & Help section...

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 01:46 PM
But you're so cute when you're blue...

Done. Let me know if you don't have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Simon Pallett
May 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Judy,

Done, Simon. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Yes, I can see what everybody was saying behind my back now <g>.

Thanks,

- Simon

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Oh dear... didn't we delete those messages...?

Hugo Kornelis
May 25th, 2005, 03:51 PM

(Waves hand)

Best, Hugo

Judy Madnick
May 25th, 2005, 04:19 PM
In addition to the public forums open to all, there are private forums here just for OLR refugees from Tapcis and OzWin (and their friends). This couldn't BE the TapcisForum without the Dragon, alive and well in *Section 8's Dungeon, and the Registered Users section has been renamed *For Members Only and is waiting for those private plaints, complaints and distraints you don't want to air in public.

And once you're a member with access to the private sections, you can also request access for a friend or relative or even an enemy if you're so inclined.

Okay, so I registered. Do I have to do anything else?

Thanks!

Judy

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Done, Hugo. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Nope. It's done, Judy. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Bill Hirst
May 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Especially when I wear my white snuggie pajama bottoms. I look like a smurf.

rlohmann
May 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I request access for myself. I will request access for my colleague, Admiral Poindexter, at a later date.

chm
May 25th, 2005, 06:13 PM
As was said, what's the TAPCIS Forum without The Dungeon?

Please let me in.

I'm an irregular old-timer - first entered the TAPCIS Forum in '90, '91... I've met Fernando and a few of you others...

I promise not to break your forum.

chm :cool:

AC7POJim
May 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I'm an old time OZWIN user and a sometimes TAPCIS lurker and would like access.

Thanks,

PeteHall
May 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM
What was it Groucho said about not wanting to be a member of a club that would have him as a member?...

Would he want to be a member of Sec 8? :D

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
STOP THAT!!! You made me choke on my iced tea!

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I request access for myself.
I could swear I answered this earlier, but... Done. Let me know if you have any trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

I will request access for my colleague, Admiral Poindexter, at a later date.
Sigh...

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
As was said, what's the TAPCIS Forum without The Dungeon?
Please let me in.
Done.. Let me know if you do not have access to *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

I promise not to break your forum.:

Well, that's no fun...

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Done, Jim, and welcome! Let me know if you have any trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Yer in, pal. Let me know if you have any trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Linda Rawson
May 25th, 2005, 10:13 PM
In addition to the public forums open to all, there are private forums here just for OLR refugees from Tapcis and OzWin (and their friends). ..You need to register to use the forums generally and then post here with a request for access!

Dear Judy,

You may remember me from Tapcis or Ozwin [or Cooks or the Mozilla help you so wonderfully provided]. I used to be the wiz of two now defunct forums and have missed the old Tapcis and Ozwin forums more than I could have realized. I am requesting access to this section, madame moderator.

Thanks for letting me know about this place! At last!

Linda

Marilyn Ratcheson
May 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Hey, very spiffy new digs, guys! Wish you all the best, and request access to the members' sections. (Though I'm not exactly sure what to do with all these icons, who says old dogs can't learn new tricks.)

Thanks!

-Marilyn

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 11:19 PM
You're in! Let me know if you can't see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only sections...

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2005, 11:20 PM
And it's done! Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 or the *For Members Only sections.

annc
May 26th, 2005, 04:04 AM
I was never on staff of either OzWin or TapCIS, but as a Wiz in several forums and a mostly Mac user, I was a heavy and grateful user of OzWin for some years on a couple of PCs (CIS didn't like Mac users, and we struggled for many years to do sysop tasks on Macs).

If this makes me eligible, please grant access. Otherwise, just let me down gently, please! ;-)

Ann

Nick Parkin
May 26th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Ex Investors Forum Sysop requesting access. Hi Judy - I recognise a couple of names (including yours) already. :)

Now if it was a burning issue to dump HMI why didn't AOL pick some software as easy as this to use? :mad:

Nick :D

jackofshadows
May 26th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Requesting access: Brian J. Bartlett, registered OzWin user and OzWin II beta-abuser (does that mean I have to register as a software offender? ;-). Ex-SysOp, 76701,250 (and 72037,570 for those who remember mi AmigaFora).

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM
No need to have been on staff anywhere, Ann! The issue is whether you're sympatico with the purposes of this forum, and that's a given. So you're in, and please let me know if you have any trouble seeing *Section 8 or the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Hiya, Nick! You're in, so you should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section. And yeah... we like this software better too.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 09:17 AM
does that mean I have to register as a software offender? ;-)
Only in *Section 8, to which you should now have access, along with *For Members Only.

annc
May 26th, 2005, 04:46 PM
So you're in, and please let me know if you have any trouble seeing *Section 8 or the *For Members Only section.Thanks, Judy. No problems at all.

Ann

BettyB
May 26th, 2005, 05:19 PM
In addition to the public forums open to all, there are private forums here just for OLR refugees from Tapcis and OzWin (and their friends).

Still fumbling around here but I'd like access to the Private Sections too.

BB

Pats
May 26th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Judy.. it's me, Pat Murray, long-time Tapcis forum inmate.. may I please have access to the member forums? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Thank You.

Pats

Andrew B.
May 26th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Andrew requesting access.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Done, Betty, and welcome. Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Done, Pats! And welcome! Good to see you here! Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Done, Andrew. Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Tony Abell
May 27th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Echoing SMMAssociates's comment: why is there no 'Reply' button? 'Quote' seems to mean 'Reply with a Quote-back', but why so obscure? I'm leaving the 'Title' box blank because that's how it was presented to me--another instance of bad design, IMHO.

Anyway, please give me access to this private section so I can feel like it's old times.

Franca
May 27th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Yes, please for me, too! I also had access to registered and sysop sections "back in the day". :-)

Toni Savage
May 27th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Access, please?

Thanks.

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Hi, Tony! To get the Post Reply button, change your display mode (drop down box at upper right of message you're reading) from Linear to hybrid. You'll get both a thread tree and the messages below.

And your access should be fine now for the private sections.

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Done, Franca! Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 or the *For Members Only section.

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Done, Toni, and welcome! Good to have you aboard. Let me know if you have trouble seeing *Section 8 or the *For Members Only section.

Daniel Widdis
May 27th, 2005, 11:23 AM
May as well request access (Section 8 and Members Only) so I don't have the feeling I'm missing something. I used TAPCIS a long time ago before I switched to broadband.

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Done, Daniel. You should see the private sections now.

earler
May 27th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Please give me access.

Thank you.

earle robinson

-er

Franca
May 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Judy! They've magically appeared. And I'm pleased to see my old friend, the Quick Reply window, as well. :-)

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 03:16 PM
We're getting there. There are so many options available under this software and we're still learning. But we're getting there for sure.

Franca
May 27th, 2005, 04:25 PM
We're getting there. There are so many options available under this software and we're still learning. But we're getting there for sure.Oh, I know! It's daunting, isn't it? But you're doing a great job.

JerryWThompson
May 27th, 2005, 05:34 PM
As an owner/user of Tapcis since 1986/87 and 1200 baud; please include me in the requestor for access to "RegisteredUsers/Members" area.

Jerry W Thompson
Ft Worth, TX

Dick Toll
May 27th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Please add me to the "registered users" forums.

Dick Tol
Tapcis member/user (from a long time ago ... or is that a galaxy?)

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Bless you for the kind words!

Mike
May 28th, 2005, 02:27 AM
You're all set, Dick. You should now see *For Members Only and *Section 8.

Mike
May 28th, 2005, 02:28 AM
You're all set, Jerry. You now should see *For Members Only and *Section 8.

MarteB
May 28th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Lemme in, lemme in, boop wee-ooo! (Anyone else know that song besides me?)

Marte

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Done, Marte, and welcome. You should see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section now.

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Done, Earle. You should see *Section 8 and *For Members Only now.

woodswell
May 28th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Me, Too? I was a Tapcis user until last August [sigh]

Anne Wright

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Done, Anne! You should see *Section 8 and *For Members Only now.

jackofshadows
May 29th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Well, I'm offensive most of the time, but we all knew that anyone, didn't we? :) It showed up just fine, thank ye kindly!

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2005, 09:28 AM
It showed up just fine, thank ye kindly!
Excellent. So far so good, on the software and us learning how to use it!

EAR
May 29th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Hi,

Nice to see all the familiar faces or should I say names ? ;-).

Edgar A. Ramos here asking for access.

Greetings,
E.A.R. <-- Long time OzWinII user

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2005, 10:17 PM
With pleasure. You should see both *Section 8 and *For Members Only now.

JohnnyB
May 30th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Judy,

may I have access to the test forum that's dealing with Yahoo/parlour please

Ta!

JohnnyB

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM
It's an open section, Johnny. Just scroll down until you see the Email Echo Test Messaging section.

Peter Creasey
May 31st, 2005, 04:17 PM
Judy, Can this serve as my "request for access" as a registered user of OzWin2?

Thanks!

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2005, 06:01 PM
Done, but remember: you do NOT have to have been a registered user of Tapcis or OzWin to become a member here. Anyone who was a registered Tapcis or OzWin user or who is recommended by a member here can become a member here.

Peter Creasey
May 31st, 2005, 06:16 PM
>> Anyone who was a registered Tapcis or OzWin user or who is recommended by a member here can become a member here. <<

Judy, thanks for the member processing as well as the info.

rtrooney
July 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Also want access. Very confusing. But have some messages to deliver to Wayne from Vickie in the COOKS forum

Judy G. Russell
July 1st, 2005, 07:32 PM
Done. You should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

RayB (France)
July 3rd, 2005, 02:42 AM

Good Morning, Judy! Would you add me to the access, please?

Thanks -

Judy G. Russell
July 3rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Done! You should see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section now.

Wayne Scott
July 4th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Please, ma'am, may I be on the list? I would like to be in on secret stuff. I'm a member of the great right wing conspiracy, and we have to check on everything.

RayB (France)
July 4th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Done! You should see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section now.

Thank you, Madame!

Wayne Scott
July 5th, 2005, 09:27 AM

I seem to be barred from everything. What do I need to do to get access to all the sections?
Pulleeze.

Wayne

Judy G. Russell
July 5th, 2005, 09:32 AM
All you had to do is ask, and it's done. You should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

davidh
July 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Access to private sections, for David Harper, please.

David H.

Judy G. Russell
July 6th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Done, David. You should see *Section 8 and *For Members Only now.

rbprasad
July 18th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Regarding "Request for Access", what are the advantages of requesting access to ... what are get access to ?

Regards, R. Bhawani Prasad

Lindsey
July 18th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Regarding "Request for Access", what are the advantages of requesting access to ... what are get access to ?

A couple of private message sections, corresponding, roughly, to Sections 8 and 9 of the old TAPCIS forum.

--Lindsey

Ray Birks
August 7th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Hello, all -

Ray Birks here, still a Tapcis kind-o-guy, although I've not logged in to CompuServe with Tap for *months.* Didn't want to slog through the e-mail spam, but I just did that and found the announcement of the new site. :)

Looking for private access. Thanks kindly.

- Ray

Lindsey
August 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
OK, Ray--I think I've got you set up.

--Lindsey

Patty D
August 16th, 2005, 10:56 PM
May I please have access to the private sections?

Lindsey
August 16th, 2005, 11:32 PM
May I please have access to the private sections?
Hi, Patty!

Done! You should have access now. Welcome!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 17th, 2005, 12:00 AM
'Lo, Patty! Good to have you on board!

Patty D
August 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks, Lindsey!

Now I just have to figure my way around these here parts. <g>

Patty D
August 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Hi, Judy!

It's nice to be here :-)

Judy G. Russell
August 17th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Now I just have to figure my way around these here parts. <g>
Just click here and click there... you'll figure it out soon enough!

This software is actually pretty nice, but it'll be nicer when the next version comes out (it's in beta now).

rbprasad
August 19th, 2005, 01:20 AM
As a refugee from the people who slayed the wonderful, once-powerful Tapcis, I request access to this Members Only section.

Regards, R. Bhawani Prasad

Judy G. Russell
August 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Done and welcome. You should now see *Section 8 and the *Members Only section.

Mike
August 22nd, 2005, 01:07 AM
<waving!>

ndebord
August 24th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Judy,

Count me in as a member's only (Do I get a jacket?) (ka-boom)

And so long as you are recreating old forum sections. How's about Lizard's Lair here? (I see that it's prematurely gone from the Mozilla Forum. Guess some of da idiots' comments put paid to it.) We could talk Yankees there!

<VBG>

Judy G. Russell
August 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
'Bout time you got here!

Access granted. You should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section. The Boys of Summer discussion (about guess what???) is in the Tap Room.

And Lizard's Lair isn't closed; it's just that nobody's posted there recently.

Kiwiro
August 29th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Can I please have access

Ro

Judy G. Russell
August 29th, 2005, 10:18 AM
You betcha, and good to see you over here!!

Don Swaab
September 7th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hi, Everyone!

I'm requesting access to all the good gossip!

Regards,

Don (Registered Oz User)

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Hiya, Don! You got it -- you should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only sections. But you have to bring your own gossip. The place has been toooooo quiet.

Gail Sanders
September 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Hi, Judy. Can I have access to the private forums?

I was really surprised to find out about this site. Was a message written about it in the old Tapcis forum? I knew people were looking at different options but I didn't know that anyone had found a workable solution.

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Done. You should now see *Section 8 and *For Members Only. And not only were there messages in the old Tapcis forum but we also sent out emails to everyone whose email address we had.

Cheryl
September 15th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Judy. May I please have access to this forum? I promise to be good and not push you overboard one dark night at sea.

Cheryl

Judy G. Russell
September 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hi Judy. May I please have access to this forum?
Done -- you should now see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only sections which, unaccountably, have gone fairly quiet since we set them up... the chat and catfights and discussions seem to be going on mostly in The Taproom.

I promise to be good and not push you overboard one dark night at sea.
Not even if my cousin pays you to? COOL!

mshefler
September 19th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Judy, I thought I was registered, but for some reason when I try to access things like the member list, it says I'm not. Can you fix this or tell me how to do that?

Thanks,
Mike Shefler

Judy G. Russell
September 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Judy, I thought I was registered, but for some reason when I try to access things like the member list, it says I'm not. Can you fix this or tell me how to do that?There's a difference between registered and member. (That's so we can have private sections in case people want to talk about anything without having it Google-able.) I just tossed you into the member pool. Hope you can swim...

bob(mc)
September 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I thought I'd applied for access to all and sundry Judy :o , but can't find anything anywhere :mad: Please accept this as a request to do so.

Judy G. Russell
September 25th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I thought I'd applied for access to all and sundry Judy :o , but can't find anything anywhere :mad: Please accept this as a request to do so.You have it now: you should see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section, which usually gets used only when someone wants to chat about something he/she doesn't want out in a section that can be Googled.

bob(mc)
September 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
You have it now:

Thank you, dear lady :)

BrucePatterson
September 30th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Pats! Whatssup? Wanna go to the Boston pops?

The Bruce

BrucePatterson
September 30th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Can you squeeeeeeeeeeeeze another old time Tapper in?

Bruce

BrucePatterson
October 1st, 2005, 09:25 PM

Can I request access for myself?

Bruce

Lindsey
October 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Can I request access for myself?
Sorry, I was away from my computer for the weekend. You should have access to the member-only sections now. (Not that there's much in them.)

--Lindsey

BrucePatterson
October 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks Lindsey,

Where do I find the beer?

Bruce

Lindsey
October 2nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Where do I find the beer?
Why do you think we have a section called the TapRoom?

--Lindsey

Andy Sterner
December 16th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Andy here, finally, and I'd like access.

Judy G. Russell
December 16th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Done, and glad to see you 'round these parts!

Lindsey
December 18th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Andy here, finally, and I'd like access.
Talk about a blast from the past! Glad to see that you made it here!

--Lindsey

Mike Morra
January 11th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Hi, all. May I please have access to Section 8 and For Members Only?

Thanks,
Mike

Lindsey
January 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Hi, all. May I please have access to Section 8 and For Members Only?
Hi, Mike! Done (I think!).

--Lindsey

su/oubeck
January 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
May I have access please?

Su Griffiths,
Essen, Germany

Lindsey
January 31st, 2006, 06:04 PM
Done! Welcome!

--Lindsey

su/oubeck
February 1st, 2006, 02:40 PM
Done! Welcome!

--Lindsey

Ta very muchly.

Su

earler
February 14th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Could you make me a member then? Thank you.

-er

Lindsey
February 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Could you make me a member then? Thank you.
I didn't realize you weren't one -- I thought that was what the ++ was for, but apparently not, because the membership flag wasn't turned on. But it is now!

--Lindsey

James Day
February 15th, 2006, 03:34 AM

earler
February 15th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Thank you.

-er

Judy G. Russell
February 15th, 2006, 09:45 AM
James! How are you! Of course, you may! Access turned on.

Lindsey
February 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM
James!!

As I live and breathe! How are you, man?

--Lindsey

Lindsey
February 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
De nada.

--Lindsey

carvster
February 26th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Boy, I've been trying to get over here for the longest time. May I have access, please?

Judy G. Russell
February 26th, 2006, 05:19 PM
You betcha! Glad to see you, pal!

Eric Johnson
March 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Judy-

May I please be granted access to the private spaces?

Eric Johnson
Refugee

Lindsey
March 12th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Done, Eric. Welcome!

--Lindsey

HPOTOKER
May 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE SECTIONS.THANK YOU.

HPOTOKER

BobStone
June 30th, 2006, 03:40 AM
This is my request for access. I was a long time TAPCIS Forum member on Compuserve, and even played quite a few rounds of Dixonary. I attended several get togethers and met many of the forum regulars, and even some of the very irregular ones, Fernando being the most irregular example. Curious to see who is still around.

-Bob Stone

Judy G. Russell
June 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Done, Bob, and welcome.

Lindsey
June 30th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Bob! How the hell are ya, guy? Stick around a while, why don'cha?

--Lindsey

Maxinemovies
July 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Hi, I used to be on Compuserve and my husband was (and is again) on the Tapcis forum. He just told me about this site and so I've just registered and am requesting access to the private forums. Thanks.

Maxinemovies

BobStone
July 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
Bob! How the hell are ya, guy? Stick around a while, why don'cha?

--Lindsey

Just may. Depends on how sticky it gets.

-Bob

Judy G. Russell
July 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Done, and welcome!

Lindsey
July 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Just may. Depends on how sticky it gets.
Well, help us reach critical mass^H^H^H^H stickiness!

--Lindsey

sullivan
August 8th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I am requesting access. Should I put my registration # in the post?

Lindsey
August 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I am requesting access. Should I put my registration # in the post?
No, that won't be necessary. Welcome!

--Lindsey

Mandy_W
October 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
It was a nice surprise to stumble across the slick-looking Tapcis web site. I was a loyal Tapcis user dating back to the 1980's, and stubbornly continued using the DOS-based version to access CompuServe for E-Mail until 2004, when the power supply on my old Pentium computer died and it was no longer possible to buy anything but a "WinModem". I'm now using Thunderbird under WinXP, which is okay, but still seems to lack many user-friendly features that classic Tapcis had YEARS ago (e.g. ability to associate a number of descriptive free-form keywords with any E-Mail address and have it find them to pick from).

For old times sake, I've donated to help support the forum, and would appreciate being allowed to access the members-only sections.

Thanks for your help.

......mandy

Lindsey
October 1st, 2006, 11:21 PM
I just checked -- looks like someone has already taken care of that.

Welcome to the new TAPCIS forum! I miss TAPCIS, too; I no longer use CompuServe e-mail, so couldn't use TAPCIS for e-mail even if I wanted to, but I sure miss the nifty View and Search features that it had. Made it very easy to locate a particular message very quickly. <sigh>

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
October 1st, 2006, 11:57 PM
For old times sake, I've donated to help support the forum, and would appreciate being allowed to access the members-only sections.Now I know I wrote an answer to this (and did turn on your access) and must have done my usual "preview and not send" routine.

Thank you very very much for your support. Our overhead isn't all that great but we do need some help to keep things running and your generous contribution will go a long way.

parisrose
October 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Requesting access to members only sec 8 dungeon please.

anthonym
February 23rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Can I join please ? - long ago I used TapCi$ forever...

Anthony

Lindsey
February 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Can I join please ? - long ago I used TapCi$ forever...
Done, Anthony, and welcome!

--Lindsey

jsreckley
May 8th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I thought I had requested access to the "members only section" when last here, long ago, but evidently not.
Would it be possible to allow me access to Section 8?
Thanks.

estherschindler
October 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
May I have access to the Dragon please?

Lindsey
October 3rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
May I have access to the Dragon please?
Ess-dah! Long time no see! Maybe you can wake the Dragon up -- he seems to have gone comatose!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
October 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
May I have access to the Dragon please?And just what do you have in mind for the beast???

AC7POJim
November 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Judy,

Thankfully some one posted to the other place and refered here. I was on the TAPCIS as well as the OZwin and many othrs on the old CIS and would like to get back in touch. G

Lindsey
November 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Thankfully some one posted to the other place and refered here.
The other place? As in "hell"? As in P-CIS? :p

Glad you found your way here!

--Lindsey

poakes
December 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Pretty please let me in Judy!

-poakes

Lindsey
December 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Pretty please let me in Judy!
Hi, guy! I'm not Judy, but welcome!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
December 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Pretty please let me in Judy!Hiya, pal! Lindsey beat me to it. Had some major league problems with work, my cable modem at home and (gasp) work even.

poakes
December 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks!

-poakes

Steve Dixon
August 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I keep losing you guys and then I poke around on an idle day and find the old TapCIS crowd still at it. I have been out of it for a lo-o-ong time. On CIS I was, believe it or not 70012,666. Yep! The "Number of the Beast." They gave it to me, I didn't ask for that.

I would like access, if that's okay. I will try to be more of a regular. Love to play a little Dixonary again.

Mike
August 13th, 2011, 04:07 AM
You should be all set now, Steve.

Apologies for the tardiness in responding. We all seem to be a bit diverted these days!

Junix
December 25th, 2011, 01:06 AM
So, to get access do you flaunt your pedigree or something?

I was a Tapcis nee Zapcis user / Sysop who took care of a slow enough forum that it left me enough time to waste elsewhere on CIS. One of those places was Section 7 in Tapcis. It was a very long time ago, so memory is a bit foggy, but I'm pretty sure that it was Claude Bitner, the Brothers Davis, and myself chattering about something that was so off the wall that Howard opened up Section 8 just for us. I all but want to say it was the first Kard Komments thread, and I know that Snow Tires 2 or 4 got moved there, but I am all but positive it was the four of us going on about something that made us all eligible for a discharge.

I remember when Dixonary started, and I believe I won one of the rounds in the single digits, and had a heck of a time with my obligation of starting the new round within 72 hours. I was just moving to get engaged when it all fired up.

I'd love to get access to Section 8 here, just to say I have it, even though it is likely moving at a crawl or slower. Section 8 and the Tapcis Forum were a golden age for me online. Great memories.

Steve Dixon
December 31st, 2011, 09:39 AM
So, to get access do you flaunt your pedigree or something?

I was a Tapcis nee Zapcis user / Sysop who took care of a slow enough forum that it left me enough time to waste elsewhere on CIS. One of those places was Section 7 in Tapcis. It was a very long time ago, so memory is a bit foggy, but I'm pretty sure that it was Claude Bitner, the Brothers Davis, and myself chattering about something that was so off the wall that Howard opened up Section 8 just for us. I all but want to say it was the first Kard Komments thread, and I know that Snow Tires 2 or 4 got moved there, but I am all but positive it was the four of us going on about something that made us all eligible for a discharge.

I remember when Dixonary started, and I believe I won one of the rounds in the single digits, and had a heck of a time with my obligation of starting the new round within 72 hours. I was just moving to get engaged when it all fired up.

I'd love to get access to Section 8 here, just to say I have it, even though it is likely moving at a crawl or slower. Section 8 and the Tapcis Forum were a golden age for me online. Great memories.
Did you get fixed up?

Junix
December 31st, 2011, 07:35 PM
You know what? I don't know! Is there another Section 8 here?

Dan in Saint Louis
January 1st, 2012, 10:06 AM
You know what? I don't know! Is there another Section 8 here?
There is, but the most recent post was January 23, 2011.

Who is still active here who has administrative privileges to deal with access requests, etc?

sidney
January 2nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
I'd love to get access to Section 8 here
If I did this right you now have access. I do see "Member" under your name in your posts where it used to say "Registered User", so something has changed.

jsreckley
June 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
I don't check in as often as I should. But as a TapCis user from long ago, may I have section 8 access?
Thanks for your help.

Steve Dixon
June 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I don't handle this but I was curious if you got any response.

Mike
July 31st, 2012, 03:10 AM
If I did it correctly, you should be set now. Apologies that your message wasn't seen by a moderator before now. Real life keeps interfering!

Tom Conroy
April 5th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Haven't been here in years but started feeling nostalgic for my old CIS days. I found my way back here and found that... Wow... My old password worked.

Hoping to reconnect with old friends. I would love to have access to the private areas. I hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks, Tom

McFoo
July 10th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Hey Judy - Eons later, I've decided that I miss the Dungeon etc. Can you let me back in? Thanks. Janie