PDA

View Full Version : Back From Florida

lensue
January 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well I'm just back from 16 glorious days in Florida and coming to the forum for the first time--so many items popped up when I hit new posts--I hope by tomorrow I won't see them all again--it's all so confusing. [g]

Anyway I'll give a little description of the trip if that's okay.

We really enjoyed our return to Florida--the 16 days flew by so fast. We had superb weather for the most part--sunny and mild with very little rain-- and Florida looked better than ever--tourist highlights included the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Fairchild Gardens in Coral Gables which happened to have a special outdoor showing of Dale Chiluly's glasswork, Bonnet House Museum and Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, the Deering Estate at Cutler in Miami, the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota including a special exhibit of Costa Rican masks where we'll be going in late Feb next month, Animal Kingdom in Disneyland [Orlando], great bird watching in the Everglades, Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary in Sanibel and the Corkscrew Swamp in Naples. There was great city walking on Lincoln Road in South Beach, Naples, Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale and Worth Ave in Palm Beach. We really got around from Key West to Orlando and from Miami to Fort Meyers. The food was of all varieties and delicious. And it was so nice to be meeting friends and relatives at various points along the way.

Regards, Len

Lindsey
January 26th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a very nice trip, Len! And this is certainly a good time of year to be in Florida!

--Lindsey

lensue
January 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
>And this is certainly a good time of year to be in Florida!<

Lindsey, yes, we had super weather--sun nearly every day--maybe a little too hot on ocassions but mostly super! One day in Naples it was actually a little to wind chilly cold right by the beach. Regards, Len

Judy G. Russell
January 26th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Waaaaaaah! I wanna retire!

lensue
January 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM
>Waaaaaaah! I wanna retire!<

Judy, LOL! Still when you're gone for 16 or 17 days the amount of mail that is waiting for you at the post office weighs a ton. And all the forum messages that accumulate. Regards, Len [g]

fhaber
January 27th, 2006, 03:50 PM
OK, who's going to say it first?

"POOOR BAAAAYBEEE!"

(As I wind down myself, it's so tempting to get that in while I can)

-incipient world-class sloth

lensue
January 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
>"POOOR BAAAAYBEEE!"<

Frank, thanks, I appreciate your concern--it's really tough being retired and having all this free travel time on our hands! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
January 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Frank beat me to it, but I can still offer the world's tiniest violin playing hearts and flowers...

lensue
January 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM
>but I can still offer the world's tiniest violin playing hearts and flowers<

Judy, LOL! Still the strains of the last 16 trip were such that I put in for my social security benefits yesterday! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
January 29th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Sigh... I'm not old enough for SS for some years still...

lensue
January 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM
>I'm not old enough for SS for some years still<

Judy, the Social Security handled my whole application over the phone--very easy. They need to see my birth ceretificate which they suggested I mail in but I was concerned about its loss so I'll just visit my local office and show it to them and hopefully starting in May those checks will start direct depositing into my account! The people I encountered on the phone were very professional--not quite like it always was when I worked for Essex County! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
January 29th, 2006, 10:19 PM
It's been very well run for some time -- fewer and fewer complaints. But I can't even think about it for a good number of years yet... sigh...

RayB (France)
January 30th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Well I'm just back from 16 glorious days in Florida and coming to the forum for the first time--so many items popped up when I hit new posts--I hope by tomorrow I won't see them all again--it's all so confusing. [g]

Anyway I'll give a little description of the trip if that's okay.

We really enjoyed our return to Florida--the 16 days flew by so fast. We had superb weather for the most part--sunny and mild with very little rain-- and Florida looked better than ever--tourist highlights included the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Fairchild Gardens in Coral Gables which happened to have a special outdoor showing of Dale Chiluly's glasswork, Bonnet House Museum and Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, the Deering Estate at Cutler in Miami, the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota including a special exhibit of Costa Rican masks where we'll be going in late Feb next month, Animal Kingdom in Disneyland [Orlando], great bird watching in the Everglades, Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary in Sanibel and the Corkscrew Swamp in Naples. There was great city walking on Lincoln Road in South Beach, Naples, Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale and Worth Ave in Palm Beach. We really got around from Key West to Orlando and from Miami to Fort Meyers. The food was of all varieties and delicious. And it was so nice to be meeting friends and relatives at various points along the way.

Regards, Len

You've been gone???? Hmmmm!

lensue
January 30th, 2006, 07:52 AM
>You've been gone???? Hmmmm!<

Ray, it's nice to know I was missed! Regards, Len [bg]