PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Suite - Email icon in Systray -- NOT!

Peter Creasey
January 18th, 2006, 10:28 AM
For a long time I have used Mozilla Suite to handle my email on the Win XP Pro system. Upon the arrival of new email, Mozilla Suite always gave a tonal alert and placed an envelope icon in the Systray in the lower right bar.

Recently, with no updates to Mozilla Suite, the envelope icon is frequently NOT being placed in the Systray in the lower right bar. All other indications/alerts of the arrival of the email still work fine. I have not been able to determine any particular circumstances when the envelope icon alert fails to work.

Any ideas as to why suddenly the envelope icon is often not being placed in the Systray in the lower right bar?

davidh
January 19th, 2006, 10:38 AM
A couple of "dumb questions" herewith:

1. have you tried totally disabling the alerts and then re-enabling them?

2. maybe some process is hung. Have you tried checking the running apps and processes list(s) to see if the lists look different in the different cases?

David H.

Peter Creasey
January 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
1. have you tried totally disabling the alerts and then re-enabling them?
2. maybe some process is hung.

David, I have not tried this because all of the alerts work fine except sometimes the envelope icon is not put into the Systray at lower right. This appears to be happening more frequently now.

Oftentimes (usually) there are no other processes running...the system is just idling with Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 open.