PDA

View Full Version : SOB!! Big Blue bites the dust...

Judy G. Russell
January 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Fumbles. Interceptions. And the former defensive strategist of the Giants as the coach of the other team. Sigh... it was a very very long afternoon.

Oh well... at least it saves my four-year-old nephew from having to decide between the Giants (his doting aunt/godmother) and the Bears (his Chicago-born-and-bred mother) next week...

ndebord
January 9th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Fumbles. Interceptions. And the former defensive strategist of the Giants as the coach of the other team. Sigh... it was a very very long afternoon.

Oh well... at least it saves my four-year-old nephew from having to decide between the Giants (his doting aunt/godmother) and the Bears (his Chicago-born-and-bred mother) next week...

Judy,

Big Blue didn't bite the dust, they "wallowed" in it. A second-year quarterback who done good to get them this far ran out of, ah, air. And as you noted, the Giants' coach didn't make any changes, so the other coach used his Giant experience to eat Big Blue's lunch.

Mike Landi
January 9th, 2006, 09:11 AM

The Giants didn't even show up! I kept waiting for some offense, and it never came.

Did you hear what Tiki said? "We were out coached." A shot right at Caughlin.

You know....I think he's right.

Judy G. Russell
January 9th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yep, as Mike quotes Barber, the Jints were outcoached. BIG time.

Judy G. Russell
January 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think he's right too. You don't show a former coach the same formations that former coach helped design!!!

rlohmann
January 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
<shrugging insouciantly while sneering complacently>

RayB (France)
January 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Not clear on the 'SOB' - is that one word or four?

Judy G. Russell
January 9th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Pffffffft. Who are you rooting for? The Indianapolis Colts?

Judy G. Russell
January 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I didn't sob. I sighed. There's a difference. Not much of one, in this case, I grant you, but...

Mike Landi
January 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Did Coughlin just go to sleep last week, or did he just not have a backup game plan to go to? What an embarrassment.

Mike Landi
January 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM
...I threw up

<HURL>

Judy G. Russell
January 11th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I can't imagine what he was thinking -- except that maybe he didn't think his guys could handle any different game plan.

Judy G. Russell
January 11th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Ewwww... not on MY monitor, please!

Seriously, the Giants have been lucky -- very lucky -- to get as far as they did. I was kind of surprised they made the playoffs at all.

ndebord
January 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I can't imagine what he was thinking -- except that maybe he didn't think his guys could handle any different game plan.

Judy,

Coughlin didn't do his job and Barber called him on it. Next year we'll see if the coach can, ah coach and if the quarterback can throw tight spirals, ala Phil Simms, in the Meadowlands when the wind is swirling.

Judy G. Russell
January 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Both of which are devoutly to be hoped for.

rlohmann
January 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM
The Washington Redskins.

Judy G. Russell
January 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Ewwwwwwwww! As far as the Redskins are concerned, all I can say is:

GO SEAHAWKS!