PDA

View Full Version : Damon to the Yankees???

Judy G. Russell
December 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Oh man... the dismantling of the Red Sox continues apace... Johnny Damon to the Yankees??? Okay... but only if he gets a shave and a haircut.

Mike Landi
December 21st, 2005, 02:12 PM
Oh man... the dismantling of the Red Sox continues apace... Johnny Damon to the Yankees??? Okay... but only if he gets a shave and a haircut.

He will. <g>

The Red Sox are the Yankees best farm team, no?

I am actually stunned that the Bosox let Damon go. They offered him 4 years, $40 million and never moved from that spot, even when they knew other teams like the Yankees were making offers. How they could let their most important "spark plug" go, and hand the Yankees the "missing piece" in their outfield is unforgivable (if you are Boston fan.)

What, do they think he is overrated? Past his prime? He's only 32! What a lineup the Yanks have now. Damon, Jeter, ARod, Sheffield, Matsui, Giambi, Posada, Cano. That's 8 of 9 batters that will kill opposing pitching.

...Where do I get tickets? <g> :D :D :D

Judy G. Russell
December 21st, 2005, 07:47 PM
Damon, Jeter, ARod, Sheffield, Matsui, Giambi, Posada, Cano.Sigh... ain't it gorgeous? Now if they can just make sure the pitchers can pitch!

Mike Landi
December 21st, 2005, 10:07 PM
Sigh... ain't it gorgeous? Now if they can just make sure the pitchers can pitch!

Pitching? What's that?

Shirley, you jest? ....wait, you're not Shirley. :eek:

Judy G. Russell
December 22nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Pitching? What's that?Sigh... please don't let us be saying that again next season!!!

Shirley, you jest? ....wait, you're not Shirley. :eek:ROFL!!!

ndebord
December 23rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
He will. <g>

The Red Sox are the Yankees best farm team, no?

I am actually stunned that the Bosox let Damon go. They offered him 4 years, $40 million and never moved from that spot, even when they knew other teams like the Yankees were making offers. How they could let their most important "spark plug" go, and hand the Yankees the "missing piece" in their outfield is unforgivable (if you are Boston fan.)

What, do they think he is overrated? Past his prime? He's only 32! What a lineup the Yanks have now. Damon, Jeter, ARod, Sheffield, Matsui, Giambi, Posada, Cano. That's 8 of 9 batters that will kill opposing pitching.

...Where do I get tickets? <g> :D :D :D

Mike,

Well, the knock on Damon is his arm, only marginally better than Bernie's was (we don't count the last couple years where wear and tear "Cooked" Bernie's Wing).

Aside from that, I can't figure out Boston's position, aside from noting that the kid genius ain't there no more.

As for our hitters, they sure do look good on paper, now if only they could match up in the post-season! <sigh>

The pitchers look very good to me, although I think moving Small to the bullpen is a mistake. After all, he did go 10-zero last year.

Mike Landi
December 23rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
I actually think we are going to be good on pitching next year. Mussina is a question. Johnson I expect a good year out of. Wang, Chicon and Small should be quite good. Pavano? Who knows?

Judy G. Russell
December 25th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I expected a good year out of Johnson THIS year... grrrrr.....

ndebord
December 26th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I actually think we are going to be good on pitching next year. Mussina is a question. Johnson I expect a good year out of. Wang, Chicon and Small should be quite good. Pavano? Who knows?

Mike,

You forgot about Wright! In between injuries, he had his moments. I expect him to do well. Mussina and Johnson are getting old in the teeth. Pavano, as you say, is a a WHO KNOWS kind of guy. Wang, Chicon and Small...what a trio last year. I sure hope they can do the same or even better this year and then things should be just fine. As for Damon, well, the Yankees definitely have a go-getter in center and a great leadoff guy. If only he had a stronger arm, but the team definitely looks a lot more solid this year than last.

Mike Landi
December 27th, 2005, 08:56 AM
He damn well better.....

(At least we have a new taunt to the Bosox... "Johnyyyyy Damon". <evil grin>

Mike Landi
December 27th, 2005, 08:59 AM
You're right, I forgot about "bad luck" Wright. Too many pitchers? That problem usually solves itself, unfortunately.

We do look a lot better on paper than we did. Two young pitchers (Wong and Small), two journeymen (Wright and Chicon), two veterans (Musian and Johnson) and a wild card (Pavano).

Joe has some work to do! <g>

Judy G. Russell
December 27th, 2005, 11:55 AM
(At least we have a new taunt to the Bosox... "Johnyyyyy Damon". <evil grin>Heh heh heh...