PDA

View Full Version : SeaMonkey Accolades

Peter Creasey
December 13th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Before my pop.gmail processing with Mozilla Suite was fixed, I had occasion to spend some time on MozillaZine. It was very refreshing.

Unlike what people kept saying on the now-defunct CIS Mozilla Board, the MozillaZine people are very high on the Mozilla Suite and SeaMonkey continuum as compared to the combo of FF and TB.

I have always liked Mozilla Suite, feeling it is sleek and nimble as well as being smaller than the combo of TB and FF. This is what folks on MozillaZine are saying also PLUS they are stating firmly that their experience is that Mozilla Suite and SeaMonkey are both considerably faster than FireFox. (I can't comment on the speed aspect as I have never tried FF.)

I'm starting to feel "less weird" with my preference for the Mozilla Suite and SeaMonkey packages.

MollyM/CA
December 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I'm starting to feel "less weird" with my preference for the Mozilla Suite and SeaMonkey packages.

(I can't comment on the speed aspect as I have never tried FF.)

I much prefer Mozilla to Firefox --it's been more stable for me, more sympathique somehow, and when I was running both and comparing them Mozilla seemed faster. (It was a beta Firefox and only somewhat Beta Mozilla --hard to tell because they were working it over all the time then.

I'll certainly be glad if Mozilla stays alive.

Citibank now has a nasty screen that says 'your browser isn't up to date enough to take advantage of all the features of our site (like yet more jumping ads?) and makes you click on a button if you're not using one of their approved browsers. Wonder if Mozilla is more impervious to spyware.

Molly

Peter Creasey
December 17th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I much prefer Mozilla to Firefox --it's been more stable for me, more sympathique somehow, and when I was running both and comparing them Mozilla seemed faster.

Molly, Perhaps it was you who posted words like these on the MozillaZine Board as the sentiments you express are what people there are saying also.

I'm starting to feel (somewhat) vindicated for preferring Mozilla Suite.

By the way, the folks over there seem VERY confident that SeaMonkey will continue the successes of Mozilla Suite.