PDA

View Full Version : Go Big... Red?????

Judy G. Russell
December 4th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Okay... I love the fact that the Giants beat Dallas 17-10 and took sole possession of first place in the NFC East.

BUT...

I just can't stand those red jerseys. They have GOT to go. I mean, I know they're required to have an alternate jersey, but they do NOT have to wear them and they especially do NOT have to wear them at home in one of the most important games of the year.

True Blue all the way, okay, guys? I just can't root for "Big Red"!

Mike Landi
December 4th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Okay, I did not open the bar until 6:00, and by that time the Giants had taken care of business.

I was not drunk when I thought I was watching "Big Blue", but all I saw was "red". Who was this team playing in NJ when my Giants were supposed to play? I saw more "blue" on the field when the <hack> Cowboys <cough> were shown.

What gives?

No matter. The sports pages show that the Giants beat the Cowboys. If only "Big Blue" had shown up....

Judy G. Russell
December 4th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I thought I was watching "Big Blue", but all I saw was "red". Who was this team playing in NJ when my Giants were supposed to play? I saw more "blue" on the field when the <hack> Cowboys <cough> were shown.

What gives?
Apparently every team has to have THREE uniforms: home, away and an "alternate". ("According to an NFL resolution regarding uniforms, a team is required to have a home uniform, a road uniform and a third uniform, the guidelines of which are: (a) an alternate color scheme, using the colors that are part of the club’s existing color palette and using the same design and logo as either the existing home or away uniform, or (b) a previously approved “classic” uniform from the Club’s history.")

Our "alternate" is red jerseys. Awful awful awful. I hated 'em. The score was fine, the defense was fabulous, those jerseys have GOT to go.

Mike Landi
December 5th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Our "alternate" is red jerseys. Awful awful awful. I hated 'em. The score was fine, the defense was fabulous, those jerseys have GOT to go.

Yuck! We are "Big Blue", BLUE! Lose the red shits.

Hell, I thought that the Brits were attacking again. <g>

Judy G. Russell
December 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Yuck! We are "Big Blue", BLUE! Lose the red shits.Uh... er... um... I can't decide whether there's an R missing from that word or not.