PDA

View Full Version : Go Giants!

ndebord
November 20th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Look at that kid go. Eli Manning, only his second year, and he improves from week to week. Still has not figured out how to go to his 3rd receiver, but aside from that, where would the Giants be without him this year? The New York Giants are now 7 and 3!

Judy G. Russell
November 20th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Look at that kid go. Eli Manning, only his second year, and he improves from week to week. Still has not figured out how to go to his 3rd receiver, but aside from that, where would the Giants be without him this year? The New York Giants are now 7 and 3!The kid is good all right but that was not exactly a stellar performance out there today... I mean, the Eagles were on a third-string quarterback, for pete's sake!!

ndebord
November 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
The kid is good all right but that was not exactly a stellar performance out there today... I mean, the Eagles were on a third-string quarterback, for pete's sake!!

Judy,

Stellar performance from a 2nd year quarterback? As rare as hound's teeth. But the telling thing about Eli is his ability to pick up his game in the 4th quarter. This is a skill that no less than Johnny Unitas proclaimed the difference between good and great quarterbacking.

"After the first three quarters, you have a feel for what a team is doing," said Manning. (A quote that could have come out of Unitas' mouth verbatim!)

That 3rd string Phillies quarterback looked pretty darn good, unlike the Giant offensive line which gave up 5, count them, FIVE sacks on Eli.

Judy G. Russell
November 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM
That 3rd string Phillies quarterback looked pretty darn good, unlike the Giant offensive line which gave up 5, count them, FIVE sacks on Eli.That's what I meant about it not being a stellar performance out there!

RayB (France)
November 21st, 2005, 09:24 AM
That's what I meant about it not being a stellar performance out there!

Root for the Broncos on Thursday and we'll try to give you a hand against the Cowboys.

Judy G. Russell
November 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
Root for the Broncos on Thursday and we'll try to give you a hand against the Cowboys.You betcha. I'll be cheering for every point the Broncos score! Go Broncs!!!

RayB (France)
November 21st, 2005, 03:51 PM
You betcha. I'll be cheering for every point the Broncos score! Go Broncs!!!

I knew I could count on you!

Judy G. Russell
November 21st, 2005, 09:45 PM
Any enemy of the Cowboys is a friend of mine!

RayB (France)
December 18th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Any enemy of the Cowboys is a friend of mine!

A big 'Thanks!' heading your way for knocking the Chiefs out of contention for the Division championship yesterday! I see Manning had another great 4th Qtr.

Judy G. Russell
December 18th, 2005, 02:42 PM
A big 'Thanks!' heading your way for knocking the Chiefs out of contention for the Division championship yesterday! I see Manning had another great 4th Qtr.Glad we could help. Broncs sowed up a playoff spot with that, I see.

Today is a terrible problem, though. The Cowboys are playing the Redskins. I loathe them both. The problem is figuring out who I dislike more.

Mike Landi
December 19th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Today is a terrible problem, though. The Cowboys are playing the Redskins. I loathe them both. The problem is figuring out who I dislike more.

Washington did the job! Beat the 'Boys, and now they are both 2 games behind the Giants. Now, if we can beat the 'Skins, we clinch!

Judy G. Russell
December 19th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I hate the idea that this is when the 'Skins may peak... but it sure makes for a great game... always a hot hot hot rivalry.

rlohmann
December 19th, 2005, 07:48 PM
The Cowboys are playing the Redskins. I loathe them both. The problem is figuring out who I dislike more.It's whom; not who.

In any event, Truth, Justice, and the American Way have once again triumphed.

<sneering complacently>

Judy G. Russell
December 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
It's whom; not who.Pedant.

In any event, Truth, Justice, and the American Way have once again triumphed. <sneering complacently>You're right: the Giants won.