PDA

View Full Version : Compuserve Mail limit?

dgermann
November 19th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Hi--

I was gone for about a week and checked my mail everyday from Mail2Web and Yahoo, deleting all the spam and unwanted mail. Then I missed a couple of days.

A friend of mine said she tried to send me an e-mail and twice got "mailbox full" messages. Does CIS have a mailbox limit of some sort?

There were about 250 messages waiting for me by the time I got to clearing it out with good ole Tap. There were about 8 jpegs of someone's new baby, and about a dozen attachments, none of which would have been over 6 or 8 pages long. Plus the usual junk e-mail attachments which would have come in during those two days.

:- Doug.

Judy G. Russell
November 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
.Does CIS have a mailbox limit of some sort?Yep, roughly 200 messages or so and then you run out of room.

Peter Creasey
November 20th, 2005, 08:23 AM
There were about 250 messages waiting for me

Doug, Reportedly 250 is in fact the maximum number that is accommodated.

dgermann
November 22nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
Judy and Pete--

Many thanks, over 250 for each of you! <g>

I had not run into that limit before, but in this day of all the spam everyday, it is probably about right that now is when I would run into it. Just think, in 6 months that will be a typical half-day's spam messages!

Judy, how are you feeling these days?

Thanks to each of you for your quick answers.

Judy G. Russell
November 22nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Feeling pretty good, Doug, thanks for asking. It has surely been... a difficult year...

Lindsey
November 23rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
Feeling pretty good, Doug, thanks for asking. It has surely been... a difficult year...
But you're still here--reason enough for this to be a good Thanksgiving.

And suddenly I'm thinking of that song from Follies:

Good times and bum times,
I've seen them all and, my dear,
I'm still here.
Plush velvet sometimes,
Sometimes just pretzels and beer,
But I'm here.
I've stuffed the dailies
In my shoes.
Strummed ukuleles,
Sung the blues,
Seen all my dreams disappear,
But I'm here.

I saw Eartha Kitt in that role in London. Fantastic.

--Lindsey

Gary Maltzen
November 23rd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Does CIS have a mailbox limit of some sort?
The Classic mailbox has a limit of precisely 250 messages - a consequence of limitations in the WinCIM/CS3/CS4 software.

Although there is no connection, Ipswitch's "I-Mail" server has the same default limit (at least in older versions).

Apparently 250 messages was a lot 10-15 years ago.

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2005, 08:07 AM
But you're still here--reason enough for this to be a good Thanksgiving.Thanks, friend. I suppose that any time you make it through a difficult year, it's a Good Thing (in capital letters)!

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Apparently 250 messages was a lot 10-15 years ago.It was indeed. These days you can get that many spam messages in a day...

dgermann
November 27th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Judy--

I am glad you are feeling better.

ktinkel
November 27th, 2005, 08:03 PM
any time you make it through a difficult year, it's a Good Thing (in capital letters)!Damn straight! I raise a glass to you. <g>

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks! I'll raise a glass to us all!

Judy G. Russell
November 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Doug. I appreciate it.

Lindsey
November 27th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I suppose that any time you make it through a difficult year, it's a Good Thing (in capital letters)!
Absolutely!!

--Lindsey