PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a used Army from this man?

ndebord
November 7th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Just when you thought the incompetence shown after Katrina in NO could get no worse, this from that little conflict in Iraq.

The hed reads:

Before Rearming Iraq, He Sold Shoes and Flowers

(He also sold used cars)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/latimests/20051106/ts_latimes/beforerearmingiraqhesoldshoesandflowers&printer=1

Judy G. Russell
November 14th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Oh for pete's sake... this doesn't surprise me, but it does make me angry.

MollyM/CA
November 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Classic! And how absolutely redolent of how the whole Bush War has been carried out.

ndebord
November 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Classic! And how absolutely redolent of how the whole Bush War has been carried out.

It gets better (or is that worse?). I can't remember his name right now, but a senior U.S. general on the ground in Iraq said the other day that they (U.S. intelligence) knew about the Shiite Prison torturing Suni captives for almost a year and didn't act on it. Reasons? 1) They have so much intelligence coming in, they can't sort it out and 2) they don't have the troops to respond to every piece of intelligence they get.

In short...not enough boots on the ground.

RayB (France)
November 21st, 2005, 04:10 AM
It gets better (or is that worse?). I can't remember his name right now, but a senior U.S. general on the ground in Iraq said the other day that they (U.S. intelligence) knew about the Shiite Prison torturing Suni captives for almost a year and didn't act on it. Reasons? 1) They have so much intelligence coming in, they can't sort it out and 2) they don't have the troops to respond to every piece of intelligence they get.

In short...not enough boots on the ground.

I wasn't aware that 'boots' were trained in intelligence analysis.

ndebord
November 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
I wasn't aware that 'boots' were trained in intelligence analysis.

Ray,

Funny. I wasn't aware that neocons were either.

RayB (France)
November 21st, 2005, 03:56 PM
Ray,

Funny. I wasn't aware that neocons were either.

You want more of them on the ground in Iraq, too. Right? Actually, I'm not sure what you want. ????

ndebord
November 21st, 2005, 08:07 PM
You want more of them on the ground in Iraq, too. Right? Actually, I'm not sure what you want. ????

What I want?

It is what the country wants at this time. Incompetent intellectuals, most of them chicken hawks, with some kind of weird Wilsonian expansionism on their minds, thrown out of Washington. As for Iraq, we're stuck there now, aren't we.

So I want what General Shinseki, the Army's chief of staff got fired for insisting upon. Boots on the ground. I've been in one meat grinder and don't want to see my younger relatives subjected to yet another one as badly run as this one. Then I went them to come home just as soon as we can stabilize the situation or throw our hands up and let the 3 major tribal groups fight it out to try and establish what has never existed. One country called Iraq run by 3 ethnic groups, without a mad dictator to keep them in line by killing large numbers of anybody not from Tirkit (sp). The Turks didn't think of it that way, the British decided upon it in one of their madder moments of colonial egotism and Bush Senior was smart enough to keep his fingers out of this pie. Looking over their new constitution, I too would fight if I was a Sunni....a loose federation with the oil fields in Kirkut going to the Kurds and around Basra to the Shia. Leaving the Sunnis with a lot of sand.

What do you want?