PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bar

chm
November 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
My apologies at asking about your weather, then ducking out... Work has been getting in my way, darn.

Anyway.... The Yankees lost, the Angels just faded away in the end - and, hurray, my hometown Sox won!

I find this appropriate closure to my days as an excited and eager Sox fan in 1959. This time the Sox got the job done. Only took them how many years?

This is a huge deal to Chicago.

Now, baseball's done - unfortunately. Have we got any NBA fans here? The Lakers are having their first home game tonight. Phil Jackson's back. There seems to be a promising new guy called Smush. Kobe seems to have grown up a bit, as well as finishing off last night's tied over-time game with another one of his wondershots. I miss Shaq, but what can you do? Last Laker season I skipped, but this season could be of interest.

I don't like football, but if I did, I'd be rooting for USC - the Trojans. Good band and cool horse.

So, how about yourselves?

Carolyn

Judy G. Russell
November 3rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
My nephew (age 4) thinks it's terrific that Chicago won, since his Mom is from Chicago. Me, well, let's just say that I did not stay up until 2:30 a.m. to see the end of that long game! (Neither, I suspect, did my nephew.)

Not much of a basketball fan, I'm afraid, until March when the college tourneys are on. But I do love football... GO BIG BLUE!

chm
November 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
My nephew (age 4) thinks it's terrific that Chicago won, since his Mom is from Chicago. Me, well, let's just say that I did not stay up until 2:30 a.m. to see the end of that long game! (Neither, I suspect, did my nephew.)

Not much of a basketball fan, I'm afraid, until March when the college tourneys are on. But I do love football... GO BIG BLUE!
Ah well, I didn't stay up until 2:30 am to watch the Sox win, either.

An advantage to living on the West Coast.

What, no basketball fans here, then?

(Sorry about the drive-by postings. I'll try to do better.)

Carolyn

Judy G. Russell
November 15th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm only a basketball fan in March when the college kids go out and play with such heart.

RayB (France)
November 16th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I'm only a basketball fan in March when the college kids go out and play with such heart.

We lived in IN for about 4 years . . . . . that cured me of BB forever! There is no other topic.

Judy G. Russell
November 16th, 2005, 06:19 PM
ROFL! Yeah, I can imagine that basketball is very very big there. It can be here as well... when Seton Hall gets going strong.