PDA

View Full Version : Text/graphics from the web

Peter Creasey
November 3rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
A couple of questions...

First, here is how I've saved some text/graphics from the web. I did a <copy> of the data then went to compose an email message and <paste> the data into this message. Then I do a <save> of the message content to a file in HTML format. Is this the best way to get this accomplished?

Secondly, when I want to read such a file, I just double click on it and my Mozilla Suite is activated and displays the file. Would this work if Mozilla Suite didn't have the composer? If not, how would I read the file then?

What else do I need to know about all of this?

Judy G. Russell
November 3rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
First, here is how I've saved some text/graphics from the web. I did a <copy> of the data then went to compose an email message and <paste> the data into this message. Then I do a <save> of the message content to a file in HTML format. Is this the best way to get this accomplished?If you're only looking to save a snippet of text and graphics, that will work as well as anything. If you want to save an entire web page, just choose Edit, Save Page As in Mozilla.

Secondly, when I want to read such a file, I just double click on it and my Mozilla Suite is activated and displays the file. Would this work if Mozilla Suite didn't have the composer? If not, how would I read the file then?It will work even without Composer, because it's reading the HTML code directly. Any web browser can read (open) that page.

Peter Creasey
November 4th, 2005, 08:39 AM
If you're only looking to save a snippet of text and graphics, that will work as well as anything. If you want to save an entire web page, just choose Edit, Save Page As in Mozilla.

Judy, What you say is what I experienced. I figured there should be an easier, more straightforward way to "save a snippet of text and graphics". Not a big deal, obviously.

It will work even without Composer, because it's reading the HTML code directly. Any web browser can read (open) that page.

Thanks for the confirmation on this.

Judy G. Russell
November 4th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I figured there should be an easier, more straightforward way to "save a snippet of text and graphics". Not a big deal, obviously.You could simply copy into Word, if you have that.

Peter Creasey
November 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
You could simply copy into Word, if you have that.

Judy, I tried to <copy> <paste> it into Lotus Word Pro and only the text was pasted. Just as a matter of curiosity (since pasting into email works), I shouldn't have to do anything before pasting into Lotus Word Pro should I?

Judy G. Russell
November 4th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Lotus's word processor. The issue is whether Lotus has an HTML editor. (In Word, it's built in. Not the best, but it works for this sort of thing.)

Peter Creasey
November 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Lotus's word processor. The issue is whether Lotus has an HTML editor.

Judy, I'm sure that it does. I guess I'll look into how it might be made to work in this case (just as a matter of curiosity).

By the way, I thought most all attorneys preferred Lotus Word Pro over MS Word!?!

Judy G. Russell
November 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
By the way, I thought most all attorneys preferred Lotus Word Pro over MS Word!?!WordPerfect, not Word Pro.