PDA

View Full Version : Would've Loved to Have Been a Fly on the Wall

Mike Landi
October 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Joe Torre considered resigning last week, then decided to return to the New York Yankees next season because ``I still want to manage here.''

Torre, who has led New York to four World Series titles, met Monday in Tampa, Fla., with Yankees owner George Steinbrenner.

Full story (AP) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-torre&prov=ap&type=lgns)

I wonder how that conversation went....

"Joe.... Please! Pretty Please! I'll be a good Loony owner!....

...Please don't go....."

<g>

Judy G. Russell
October 18th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I wonder how that conversation went....I can only thing that Boss George is mellowing as he gets older -- or realizes, finally, that his only hope of getting another championship under his belt in his lifetime is with a steady hand like Torre's at the helm.

Of course, some decent pitching wouldn't hurt either... Likewise, some hitting in clutch situations... and... and...

Mike Landi
October 19th, 2005, 09:07 AM
some decent pitching wouldn't hurt either... Likewise, some hitting in clutch situations... and... and...

<sigh>

Now, we have too many. Johnson, Musina, Wang, Small, Chacon, Wright and Pavano.

Small seems destine for the 'pen, but one more has to be "dealt" with.

Judy G. Russell
October 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Now, we have too many. Johnson, Musina, Wang, Small, Chacon, Wright and Pavano. Small seems destine for the 'pen, but one more has to be "dealt" with.
That whole line-up needs to be shaken up. Johnson did nothing for us when it mattered...

Mike Landi
October 19th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Johnson did nothing for us when it mattered...

Why is it when we get a big name star, he always has a lousy first year? Watch Johnson do great next year...

Judy G. Russell
October 19th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Watch Johnson do great next year...I'll settle for that. What I'm afraid of is that he'll do worse. Sigh... do you realize that if the Astros win, at least four of the starting pitchers in the World Series will be ex-Yankees...

Mike Landi
October 20th, 2005, 08:47 AM
you realize that if the Astros win, at least four of the starting pitchers in the World Series will be ex-Yankees...

It's done. Astros v. ChiSox. El Duque, Jose Contrares, Clemens, Pettite.

My Aunt calls this the "curse of Pettite". I find it hard to argue.

Judy G. Russell
October 20th, 2005, 09:16 PM
It's done. Astros v. ChiSox. El Duque, Jose Contrares, Clemens, Pettite. My Aunt calls this the "curse of Pettite". I find it hard to argue.I can't argue at all. And did you see the starting matchup? Contrares against Clemens...

Mike Landi
October 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM
did you see the starting matchup? Contrares against Clemens...

I may actually watch...

Judy G. Russell
October 21st, 2005, 11:49 AM
I may actually watch...I have to root for Chicago. My sister-in-law has so informed me.