PDA

View Full Version : RE: [coryphaeus] New way? No way, for me.

John Barrs
June 1st, 2005, 04:27 AM
Tim

>>
What seems strange about TAPCIS (and apparently OZWin) is that alone among email clients, it hides the original sender of a message
to a newsgroup. The information is there in the message header, in the From line, the same position as for any other email message,
but TAPCIS doesn't display it. I know it's too late now to do anything about it, but it still puzzles me why TAPCIS behaves that
way.
<<

Not Ozwin: in Oz the from email address is in the 'from' field - but not the name in use on the forum and that is what is causing
the confusion here - people had different 'names' in different forums and OZ didn't pick them up.

In TapcisForum (As was - and at this moment still is!!) I was JohnnyB with an email ID of <doesn't matter>
In OzwinForum (As was etc) I was JohnB with the same email ID
In ANotherForum (AS was etc) I was TechMan with the same emailID

Oz knew who I was alright and watching the Online module working greeted me by realname on entering a forum but I had chosen not to
be 'realname' in these forums

In my case the email ID was OK for identification (john_barrs (AT) compuserve (DOT) com) but in some cases people remained on 'old-mail' eg
100044,1331 or, for instance, Bill Hirst's 'izzyforumworkin' - which I guess was either a CS2000 or AOL screenname

Now... If I could get this new software to actually obey its settings and place my name on the bottom then you would have to scroll
down to see who I am --- as it fails to obey its settings --- and I sometimes forget then the Dodi's of this world are justifiably
upset

JohnnyB

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.3.3 - Release Date: 31/05/2005

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coryphaeus/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
coryphaeus-unsubscribe (AT) yahoogroups (DOT) com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/