PDA

View Full Version : George Said What?

Mike Landi
October 14th, 2005, 01:25 PM
According to the AP (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-stottlemyre-gordon&prov=ap&type=lgns), after the resignation of Mel Stottlemyre, George Stienbrenner issued this statement.

"Mel Stottlemyre will always be a Yankee. When I purchased the ballclub more than 30 years ago, he was one of the teams true stars and leaders and, during his 10 seasons as pitching coach, we won six American League pennants and four World Championships. While it is no secret that I can be a very difficult boss, Mel has always conducted himself as a professional and a gentleman. I wish he and (wife) Jean much success and happiness in the future.''

That sounds awfully nice from a man who supposedly blamed Mel for all of the problems with the pitching staff this year.

chm
October 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
When I read this title I thought, okay, so what did GWB say this time...?

; )

chm

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 08:56 PM
That sounds awfully nice from a man who supposedly blamed Mel for all of the problems with the pitching staff this year.Okay... who is the guy who said that and what has he done with the real George Steinbrenner???

ndebord
October 15th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Okay... who is the guy who said that and what has he done with the real George Steinbrenner???

Judy,

Why Mad King George's PR guy of course. And The Principal Owner is in his straitjacket where he resides before and after blowups!

<g>

Mike Landi
October 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Sounds like George was told that there ain't any better coaches out there and he is about to lose the best one he ever had.

Mike Landi
October 15th, 2005, 09:25 AM
The Principal Owner is in his straitjacket where he resides before and after blowups!

He's probably checking with his cardiologist to make sure he can blow up again. <g>

ndebord
October 15th, 2005, 09:35 PM
He's probably checking with his cardiologist to make sure he can blow up again. <g>

Mike,

Nah, he's checking with his Gastroenterologis to make sure he still has enough hot air to stir things up.

<g>