PDA

View Full Version : Help with AOL 9 / Acroreader 7

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have the combination of Adobe Reader 7.0.3 and AOL 9.0 Updated and could take a look at a PDF file we're working with? We have a user who says the file crashes AOL or, at best, loads in the reader but won't go beyond the first page. The file is here (http://www.pamunkeydavenport.com/davis_5_gen_report_20051011.pdf). Thanks!

Dan in Saint Louis
October 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Does anyone have the combination of Adobe Reader 7.0.3 and AOL 9.0 UpdatedIt may be worth noting that Adobe Reader is up to 7.0.5. No note of what was fixed, but free to try.

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 06:01 PM
It may be worth noting that Adobe Reader is up to 7.0.5. No note of what was fixed, but free to try.Thanks, Dan. I'll suggest that he get the new one. The file appears to be absolutely fine to me so I'm at a loss to know what to suggest.

Lindsey
October 14th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks, Dan. I'll suggest that he get the new one. The file appears to be absolutely fine to me so I'm at a loss to know what to suggest.
I'm not using AOL, of course, but FWIW, that file loads fine for me in Acrobat 4 (which I didn't even realize I had installed on this PC). Hmmmm, or at least it did before I did "Help|About" to check the version. Now it's locked up. :(

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
October 15th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Now it's locked up. :( Hmmm... maybe there is something wrong with the file. Thanks for checking!

Lindsey
October 16th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Hmmm... maybe there is something wrong with the file. Thanks for checking!
I suspect Acrobat 4 doesn't get along so well with XP. And the file was fine (I paged back and forth with no problem at all) until I did Help|About. I've got an installation file for the latest version on my PC at the office; I should copy it to CD and install it on this laptop.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
October 16th, 2005, 11:39 AM
The particular user who's having trouble says he has AcroReader 7 (which I don't have), not to mention the fact that I don't have AOL.

Sigh...