PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 1.5 Beta 2

Mike Landi
October 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 is out. Get it here (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/). I've been using the 1.5 betas for a while and there are very good. Very stable and quick.

I know this is "beta" software, but I do not find it unstable or a problem at all. It is certainly as stable as 1.0.7, which I use at home.

Also, the extensions I use (7 of them) have all been updated to work with 1.5.

ndebord
October 13th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 is out. Get it here (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/). I've been using the 1.5 betas for a while and there are very good. Very stable and quick.

I know this is "beta" software, but I do not find it unstable or a problem at all. It is certainly as stable as 1.0.7, which I use at home.

Also, the extensions I use (7 of them) have all been updated to work with 1.5.

Mike,

Is FF 1.5 that much of an improvement over 1.07?

Tks,

Mike Landi
October 14th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Mike,

Is FF 1.5 that much of an improvement over 1.07?

Tks,

I find it quicker. The change in the options screen is very nice, much easier to read (at least for me).

One feature I like with 1.5 is the pop up blocking is much better. I do not need any extensions now to kill of pop-ups. Also, you can set 1.5 to force pop up windows (those that you allow) to open in a tab, not a new window. I love that feature.

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
you can set 1.5 to force pop up windows (those that you allow) to open in a tab, not a new window. I love that feature.Ooooh... that sounds nice...

Mike Landi
October 14th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Ooooh... that sounds nice...

Even though this is "beta", I can't find any bugs at all.

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 08:58 PM
That sounds terrific. I hope I get some time this weekend. I am so jammed between school and work I don't know which end is up half the time... (and with all the rain, if I look up, I get drowned!).

Lindsey
October 14th, 2005, 10:13 PM
That sounds terrific. I hope I get some time this weekend. I am so jammed between school and work I don't know which end is up half the time... (and with all the rain, if I look up, I get drowned!).
Between the flooding in New Orleans and the flooding from this weeks rain's, I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't start looking in to ark construction...

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
October 15th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Between the flooding in New Orleans and the flooding from this weeks rain's, I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't start looking in to ark construction...<vooba vooba> What's a cubit?

Mike Landi
October 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
<vooba vooba> What's a cubit?

ROFL!!!

<ding> How long can you tread water?

Judy G. Russell
October 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM
<ding> How long can you tread water?Without question, and by a very large margin, my single most favorite comedy routine. ("...rainin'... Okay, Lord, me and you, right?")

Mike Landi
October 17th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Just a followup, Thunderbird 1.5 beta 2 is out and it is available here (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta2.html) .