PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] Round 2622 (QUEY) Progress Report

Efrem Mallach
November 23rd, 2015, 01:33 PM
As of 2:30 U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, nine definitions have arrived: from players Barrs, Bourne, Carson, Cunningham, Hale, Lodge, Madnick, Shefler and Widdis. (I have, of course, a tenth definition - the real one.) Those people should also have all received individual confirmations. If you’re in that group, fine.

If you sent in a definition (more than a couple of minutes ago) and your name isn’t listed, please re-send it. If you sent it to emallach(at)verizon(dot)net, please send it to emallach(at)umassd(dot)edu, and vice versa. You can also send a public message that you’re doing that. All that said, this isn’t very likely. My e-mail software hasn’t lost a definition yet, as far as I’m aware, and my junk folder is empty.

If you haven’t sent in a definition yet, please do - to either of the addresses in the previous paragraph. The deadline is about 19 1/2 hours from now: 10 pm in the eastern U.S., other times in other places.

Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Tim Lodge
November 23rd, 2015, 04:31 PM
>> The deadline is about 19 1/2 hours from now: 10 pm in the eastern U.S.,
<<

PM? I think you mean 10 AM EST, as you said in your original message.

-- Tim L

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:33:29 PM UTC, Efrem wrote:
>
> As of 2:30 U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, nine definitions have
> arrived: from players Barrs, Bourne, Carson, Cunningham, Hale, Lodge,
> Madnick, Shefler and Widdis. (I have, of course, a tenth definition - the
> real one.) Those people should also have all received individual
> confirmations. If you’re in that group, fine.
>
> If you sent in a definition (more than a couple of minutes ago) and your
> name isn’t listed, please re-send it. If you sent it to
> emallach(at)verizon(dot)net, please send it to emallach(at)umassd(dot)edu,
> and vice versa. You can also send a public message that you’re doing that.
> All that said, this isn’t very likely. My e-mail software hasn’t lost a
> definition yet, as far as I’m aware, and my junk folder is empty.
>
> If you haven’t sent in a definition yet, please do - to either of the
> addresses in the previous paragraph. The deadline is about 19 1/2 hours
> from now: 10 pm in the eastern U.S., other times in other places.
>
> Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

Efrem Mallach
November 23rd, 2015, 06:00 PM
Indeed I did mean that, Tim, and thank you.

The interval of 19 1/2 hours from whenever that message was time-stamped in anyone’s time zone was (and is) correct, though. Right now, there are almost exactly 15 hours to go.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> On Nov 23, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Tim Lodge <dix (AT) timlodge (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
>
> >> The deadline is about 19 1/2 hours from now: 10 pm in the eastern U.S.., <<
>
> PM? I think you mean 10 AM EST, as you said in your original message.
>
> -- Tim L
>
> On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:33:29 PM UTC, Efrem wrote:
> As of 2:30 U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, nine definitions have arrived: from players Barrs, Bourne, Carson, Cunningham, Hale, Lodge, Madnick, Shefler and Widdis. (I have, of course, a tenth definition - the real one..) Those people should also have all received individual confirmations. If you’re in that group, fine.
>
> If you sent in a definition (more than a couple of minutes ago) and your name isn’t listed, please re-send it. If you sent it to emallach(at)verizon(dot)net, please send it to emallach(at)umassd(dot)edu, and vice versa. You can also send a public message that you’re doing that. All that said, this isn’t very likely. My e-mail software hasn’t lost a definition yet, as far as I’m aware, and my junk folder is empty.
>
> If you haven’t sent in a definition yet, please do - to either of the addresses in the previous paragraph. The deadline is about 19 1/2 hours from now: 10 pm in the eastern U.S., other times in other places.
>
> Efrem
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

--