View Full Version : Go Angels

Wayne Scott
October 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
GO ANGELS!!

Proud in Pomona

ndebord
October 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Wayne,

Go Angels, eh? Well not today. We'll tie it up at home and see you back on the Left Coast.

<g>

Wayne Scott
October 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
We'll see!

Mike Landi
October 9th, 2005, 08:46 PM
GO ANGELS!!

Proud in Pomona

Yeah, GO AWAY! <g>

ndebord
October 9th, 2005, 10:38 PM
We'll see!

Uh-huh. Yankees 3, Angels 2. Mussina vs Colon up next. A classic series between NYC and LA (O.K. Anaheim). Better by far than the Sox vs Sox series!

Judy G. Russell
October 10th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Absolutely fabulous baseball -- Lackey was outstanding and Chacon was terrific.

Mike Landi
October 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM

Where would we be without Chacon and Small?

And how about Mo? Did you see the looks on the Angel batters' faces? Mo caught them looking a few times and the look on their faces was "stunned".

ndebord
October 10th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Judy,

The key was Lackey going on 3 days rest. He was pulled after 5 + and the rest is history. The other key was Leiter in the 7th inning. He has become the new Stanton, if not for as many innings. I remember when it was Mendoza, Stanton, Nelson as the bridges to Rivera. Now that is Leiter, Gordon, Rivera... the inbetween guy will be who? Sturtze? (Bum shoulder) or Small, who I still think should be starting in playoff games. It really is too bad that Proctor can't get command of his stuff. He also needs another pitch and perhaps a two seam fastball instead of his four seam which has not enough movement when it reaches the plate.

Anyhow, on to the Left Coast!

<g>

Judy G. Russell
October 10th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Where would we be without Chacon and Small?Uh... waiting for spring training...?

And how about Mo? Did you see the looks on the Angel batters' faces? Mo caught them looking a few times and the look on their faces was "stunned".Somewhere between "stunned" and "disgusted" (at themselves, in the "how could I have missed that?" variety). It was wonderful.

Judy G. Russell
October 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM
The key was Lackey going on 3 days rest. He was pulled after 5 + and the rest is history.Thank heavens...

Judy G. Russell
October 10th, 2005, 10:52 PM
GO ANGELS!!
Proud in PomonaAnd proud you should be. Fine game, fine play, nailbiter right down to the last few pitches.

Sigh...

It was nice while it lasted (and it still lasted longer than Boston, nyah nyah nyah).

But now I have to root for the White Sox.

Or see how the football season is shaping up.

ndebord
October 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
We'll see!

Wayne,

I should've said "West Coast" instead of "Left Coast" I didn't realize the Angels' secret weapon was the crew chief West!

<g.

Anyhow, good luck to the Angels. Any team that beats the Yankees is now my team to ride for the rest of the series.

<Wry Grin>

chm
October 14th, 2005, 02:55 PM
About time we had an appropriate baseball header around here!

Yes, the Angels have much to be proud about.

Note that they won the first game against the Sox - after 3 games in 3 time zones in 3 days. The Angels landed in Chicago at 6:30 am the day of the game. The Halos were operating on caffeine and adrenalin - yet they still won.

A fan sign I saw recently:

A. Rod - $26,000,000
K. Rod - $440,000
Beating the Yankees - Again
Priceless

We beat the best team money can buy. Hurray!

Looking forward to the game tonight,

Carolyn

Judy G. Russell
October 14th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Looking forward to the game tonightYou might have a slightly different point of view here in the 5th inning...