PDA

View Full Version : Game 1: Slaughter in Chicago

Mike Landi
October 4th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Wow! Chicago destroyed Boston 14-2. I am stunned that Boston got hammered that hard and held to two runs by Contreras.

In the bottom of the third, the Yanks are doing well 4-0, but there is a LONG way to go.

Judy G. Russell
October 4th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Wow! Chicago destroyed Boston 14-2. I am stunned that Boston got hammered that hard and held to two runs by Contreras.What can I say? He helps the Yanks even when he's not a Yank!

In the bottom of the third, the Yanks are doing well 4-0, but there is a LONG way to go.But we held on -- 4-2 final -- and we go 1-0 (and nyah nyah nyah Boston is 0-1).

ndebord
October 4th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Wow! Chicago destroyed Boston 14-2. I am stunned that Boston got hammered that hard and held to two runs by Contreras.

In the bottom of the third, the Yanks are doing well 4-0, but there is a LONG way to go.

Judy,

Oh Jose can you see? 'Dem White Sox balls going over the centerfield fence and you shutting down the Red Sox!

Clements loses 14-2 and he has not recovered from that nasty beaning, which is the history of most of the pitchers who are hit that bad.

And Jose....couldn't do it for the Yankees, but oh boy is he good right now.
Meanwhile....Leiter was the key in relief. Two big outs. Sturtze is hurting bad, so I'm betting you'll see Small pitching in the 6th and 7th innings from now on out. Gordon in the 8th (actually 1 1/3) and Mo in the 9th, pitching around Guerrero and giving up 1 run and then shutting them down.

Yankees up 1-0. Wang on tomorrow!

<VBG>

ndebord
October 5th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Judy,

I gotta add that what Cano did in the first inning is incredibly impressive. First off Torre let this rookie bat SIXTH!!!! A rookie! And what he did is amazing. Jeter and Rodriguez fail, so two outs, then 3 straight singles by Giambi, Sheffield and Matsui and even more amazing nobody can score because the Angels' outfielders have great arms. So the bases are loaded with 2 outs and Cano brings them all home with a double to deep left! Three runs in and Moose answers by throwing goose eggs in the bottom of the inning.

<g>

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Let's hope Wang can rise to the occasion. He certainly has the ability... but he is very young and inexperienced for this sort of thing.

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2005, 01:18 AM
I gotta add that what Cano did in the first inning is incredibly impressive....<g><g> indeed. The kid is going to be a great baseball player when he stops making stupid fielding mistakes...

ndebord
October 5th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Let's hope Wang can rise to the occasion. He certainly has the ability... but he is very young and inexperienced for this sort of thing.

Judy,

Let's hope and believe...in Joe Torre, who passed over Chacon to go with Wang for the 2nd game.

Mike Landi
October 5th, 2005, 08:46 AM
we held on -- 4-2 final -- and we go 1-0 (and nyah nyah nyah Boston is 0-1).

Mariano made me nervous. He was PO'd about that walk. I rarely see him glare at the umpire, but he did. Then that bad-bounce hit (typical Mariano hit.)

But in the end, he broke a bat and got the win.

One down, two to go. I hope Wang is on tonight.

Blasted 10pm start, I'll see two innings or so, then fall asleep.

Mike Landi
October 5th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Lieter did the job. Tanyon needs rest.

What has Gordon been eating lately? 94mph fastball and he was hitting the inside corner on lefties. Deadly, for the Angels.

ndebord
October 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Judy,

Wang was asked through a translator if he felt extra pressure pitching against Boston. He replied that pressure was pitching against Japan for Taiwan for the championship of whatever title they play for over there. (He won.)

<wry grin>

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Blasted 10pm start, I'll see two innings or so, then fall asleep.My sister was whining about that too... she said the 8 pm start was bad enough (she teaches and has to be at school by 7 something!).

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Wang was asked through a translator if he felt extra pressure pitching against Boston. He replied that pressure was pitching against Japan for Taiwan for the championship of whatever title they play for over there. (He won.)ROFL!! Yeah, I guess if you can do the one, you can do the other. We hope hope hope hope...

Mike Landi
October 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM
My sister was whining about that too... she said the 8 pm start was bad enough (she teaches and has to be at school by 7 something!).

Blinkin' time zones....

Mike Landi
October 5th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Wang was asked through a translator if he felt extra pressure pitching against Boston. He replied that pressure was pitching against Japan for Taiwan for the championship of whatever title they play for over there. (He won.)

He ain't seen nothin' yet!

Judy G. Russell
October 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Blinkin' time zones...."Blinkin'" isn't quite the term she was using...