PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

Efrem Mallach
February 25th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Fellow Dixonarists,

Let's try this again. The new word for Round 2586 is:

PALETOT

unless there's another batch of DQs. Capitalization of the word in this message does not indicate anything about its usual capitalization, if any.

Please invent a definition that you hope your fellow players will find convincing, amusing, weird, nutty, or whatever, and send it by private e-mail to emallach - at - verizon - dot - net. Don't Reply to this message, as that will send your definition to the whole group. You will then have to come up with another, possibly in a very short time.

(Hint: It does not mean a small Caucasian child who hasn't spent much time in the sun.)

If you know the word, please tell me by private e-mail to the same address. If enough other people know it too, I'll pick a third word. If I don't do that, you can still submit an invented definition and receive points when players vote for it. You just can't vote if you know what its true definition is.

The deadline for submitting definitions is six hours later than the previous one: 6 pm (1800 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 26. According to a time conversion Web site, that is also:

5 pm, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
3 pm, same date, U.S. Pacific Standard Time
11 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
One minute after 11:59 pm, same date, Continental Europe Time
10 am, Fri., Feb. 27, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
12 noon, Fri., Feb. 27, New Zealand Daylight Time

and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.

New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .

Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Efrem Mallach
February 25th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:08 AM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu> wrote:

> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> Let's try this again. The new word for Round 2586 is:
>
> *************************************
> PALETOT
> *************************************
>
> unless there's another batch of DQs. Capitalization of the word in this message does not indicate anything about its usual capitalization, if any.
>
> Please invent a definition that you hope your fellow players will find convincing, amusing, weird, nutty, or whatever, and send it by private e-mail to emallach - at - verizon - dot - net. Don't Reply to this message, as that will send your definition to the whole group. You will then have to come up with another, possibly in a very short time.
>
> (Hint: It does not mean a small Caucasian child who hasn't spent much time in the sun.)
>
> If you know the word, please tell me by private e-mail to the same address. If enough other people know it too, I'll pick a third word. If I don't do that, you can still submit an invented definition and receive points when players vote for it. You just can't vote if you know what its true definition is.
>
> The deadline for submitting definitions is six hours later than the previous one: 6 pm (1800 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 26. According to a time conversion Web site, that is also:
>
> 5 pm, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
> 3 pm, same date, U.S. Pacific Standard Time
> 11 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
> One minute after 11:59 pm, same date, Continental Europe Time
> 10 am, Fri., Feb. 27, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
> 12 noon, Fri., Feb. 27, New Zealand Daylight Time
>
> and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.
>
> New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .
>
> Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

Judy Madnick
February 25th, 2015, 08:39 AM
A child who uses sunscreen religiously?

NAD (obviously!)

Judy

Original message
To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com;
Dated: 2/25/2015 9:08:19 AM
Subject: [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

Fellow Dixonarists,

PALETOT

unless there's another batch of DQs. Capitalization of the word in this message does not indicate anything about its usual capitalization, if any.

Please invent a definition that you hope your fellow players will find convincing, amusing, weird, nutty, or whatever, and send it by private e-mail to emallach - at - verizon - dot - net. Don't Reply to this message, as that will send your definition to the whole group. You will then have to come up with another, possibly in a very short time.

(Hint: It does not mean a small Caucasian child who hasn't spent much time in the sun.)

If you know the word, please tell me by private e-mail to the same address. If enough other people know it too, I'll pick a third word. If I don't do that, you can still submit an invented definition and receive points when players vote for it. You just can't vote if you know what its true definition is.

The deadline for submitting definitions is six hours later than the previous one: 6 pm (1800 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 26. According to a time conversion Web site, that is also:

and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.

New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .

Efrem

--

--

endash@verizon.net
February 25th, 2015, 10:21 AM
misuse, in a sentence, of comparatives and superlatives

-- Dick Weltz

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

On 02/25/15, Efrem Mallach&lt;emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net&gt; wrote:

&nbsp;

Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of &quot;I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise.&quot;

Efrem

On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:08 AM, Efrem Mallach &lt;emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu&gt; wrote:

Fellow Dixonarists,

PALETOT

If you know the word, please tell me by private e-mail to the same address. &nbsp;If enough other people know it too, I'll pick a third word. If I don't do that, you can still submit an invented definition and receive points when players vote for it. You just can't vote if you know what its true definition is.

One minute after 11:59 pm,&nbsp;same date,&nbsp;Continental Europe Time

10 am,&nbsp;Fri., Feb. 27, Australian Eastern Daylight Time

12 noon,&nbsp;Fri., Feb. 27, New Zealand Daylight Time

and other times in other places.&nbsp;I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.

New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at &nbsp;http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules&nbsp;.

Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;Dixonary&quot; group.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &quot;Dixonary&quot; group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com (mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com).

Christopher Carson
February 25th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Oops?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:21 AM, endash (AT) verizon (DOT) net wrote:
>
> misuse, in a sentence, of comparatives and superlatives
>
> -- Dick Weltz
>
>
> On 02/25/15, Efrem Mallach<emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:
>
> Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."
>
> Efrem
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>> On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:08 AM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu> wrote:
>>
>> Fellow Dixonarists,
>>
>> Let's try this again. The new word for Round 2586 is:
>>
>> *************************************
>> PALETOT
>> *************************************
>>
>> unless there's another batch of DQs. Capitalization of the word in this message does not indicate anything about its usual capitalization, if any.
>>
>> Please invent a definition that you hope your fellow players will find convincing, amusing, weird, nutty, or whatever, and send it by private e-mail to emallach - at - verizon - dot - net. Don't Reply to this message, as that will send your definition to the whole group. You will then have to come up with another, possibly in a very short time.
>>
>> (Hint: It does not mean a small Caucasian child who hasn't spent much time in the sun.)
>>
>> If you know the word, please tell me by private e-mail to the same address. If enough other people know it too, I'll pick a third word. If I don't do that, you can still submit an invented definition and receive points when players vote for it. You just can't vote if you know what its true definition is.
>>
>> The deadline for submitting definitions is six hours later than the previous one: 6 pm (1800 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 26.. According to a time conversion Web site, that is also:
>>
>> 5 pm, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
>> 3 pm, same date, U.S. Pacific Standard Time
>> 11 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
>> One minute after 11:59 pm, same date, Continental Europe Time
>> 10 am, Fri., Feb. 27, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
>> 12 noon, Fri., Feb. 27, New Zealand Daylight Time
>>
>> and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow.. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.
>>
>> New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .
>>
>> Efrem
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

--

Judy Madnick
February 25th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Original message
Dated: 2/25/2015 11:21:29 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

misuse, in a sentence, of comparatives and superlatives

-- Dick Weltz

On 02/25/15, Efrem Mallach<emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."

Efrem

On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:08 AM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu> wrote:

Fellow Dixonarists,

PALETOT

Efrem

--

--

--

Guerri Stevens
February 25th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Please use my fake definition for didicoy as my fake definition for
paletot. It works just as well for either word, at least in my view.

Guerri

On 2/25/2015 9:11 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
> Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for
> DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one
> or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the
> definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in
> some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def
> unless you tell me otherwise."
>
> Efrem
>

--

Efrem Mallach
February 25th, 2015, 10:46 PM
"a mongrel or hybrid" it is.
Efrem

On Feb 25, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Guerri Stevens <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com> wrote:

> Please use my fake definition for didicoy as my fake definition for paletot. It works just as well for either word, at least in my view.
>
> Guerri
>
> On 2/25/2015 9:11 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>> Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."
>>
>> Efrem
>>
>
> --

--

Efrem Mallach
February 25th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Guerri,

I'm sorry. I hit "reply" to your earlier message, not realizing that it was to the whole group - which was OK, since it didn't say what your earlier definition was. In replying, I spilled the beans.

You can either come up with a new definition or accept two dealer points as my penance - plus two more if one of your votes is correct, of course.

Efrem

On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

> "a mongrel or hybrid" it is.
> Efrem
>
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Guerri Stevens <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com> wrote:
>
>> Please use my fake definition for didicoy as my fake definition for paletot. It works just as well for either word, at least in my view.
>>
>> Guerri
>>
>> On 2/25/2015 9:11 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>>> Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."
>>>
>>> Efrem
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --

--

Daniel Widdis
February 25th, 2015, 11:52 PM
There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.

On 2/25/15 8:57 PM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
> Guerri,
>
> I'm sorry. I hit "reply" to your earlier message, not realizing that it was to the whole group - which was OK, since it didn't say what your earlier definition was. In replying, I spilled the beans.
>
> You can either come up with a new definition or accept two dealer points as my penance - plus two more if one of your votes is correct, of course.
>
> Efrem
>
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:
>
>> "a mongrel or hybrid" it is.
>> Efrem
>>
>> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>> On Feb 25, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Guerri Stevens <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please use my fake definition for didicoy as my fake definition for paletot. It works just as well for either word, at least in my view.
>>>
>>> Guerri
>>>
>>> On 2/25/2015 9:11 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>>>> Forgot to add: I'll ignore any definitions previously sent for DIDICOY. If you sent a definition for it, please either send a new one or tell me that you'd like to keep that one. Too many of the definitions for that word used its etymology or were specific to it in some other way to take the approach of "I'll keep your previous def unless you tell me otherwise."
>>>>
>>>> Efrem
>>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

--

JohnB
February 26th, 2015, 04:40 AM
maybe a sword (as of Damocles)

JohnnyB

On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>

--

Jim Hart
February 26th, 2015, 04:46 AM
I don't recall a dealer winning a crown before.

Jim

--

Efrem Mallach
February 26th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Fellow Dixonaristi,

As of 7 am in the eastern U.S., a good crop of definitions is in hand - submitted by players Barrs, Bourne, Carson, Graham, Hale, Hart, Keating, Lodge, Madnick, Naylor, Shefler, Weltz, and Widdis, plus one from a recognized dictionary for a total of 14. (While Guerri Stevens sent a definition, I publicized it inadvertently so it is not included in this list.) More would be nice.

If you submitted a definition of PALETOT (definitions of DIDICOY don't count; I said I'd ignore those unless a player asked me to use his or hers) and your name isn't in the above list, please reply publicly to that effect. Don't include your definition in your reply. I'll either find it somewhere or will ask you to resubmit privately.

If you haven't submitted a definition yet, you have about 11 hours to do so.. The deadline for definitions is 6 pm (1800 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 26 (today where I am). Quoting the original announcement message from here on:

> According to a time conversion Web site, that is also:
>
> 5 pm, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
> 3 pm, same date, U.S. Pacific Standard Time
> 11 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
> One minute after 11:59 pm, same date, Continental Europe Time
> 10 am, Fri., Feb. 27, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
> 12 noon, Fri., Feb. 27, New Zealand Daylight Time
>
> and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the conversions. Please confirm yours. I'll send out the list of definitions as soon as possible after I get home after a class that ends at 5:15 pm tomorrow. If you want to plan ahead, the voting deadline will be late Saturday morning in the eastern U.S.
>
> New players are welcome! Full rules, should they or anyone else want them, can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .
>
> Efrem

--

—Keith Hale—
February 26th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Hey, i recall —way back in round *twenty-five-hundred-and-seventy-nine!*— a
dealer forgetting to put the dictionary def into the list! Why didn't THAT
guy get some sort of e-mailed *graphical grief*?

*[C;*

Maybe an empty "thought bubble"?
(Like the one attached.)
*For the forgetful guy, not Efrem!*

On 26 February 2015 at 04:46, Jim Hart <jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

> I don't recall a dealer winning a crown before.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>

--

Dodi Schultz
February 26th, 2015, 09:00 AM
What's a "PNG" file? Can't open it here.

On 2/26/2015 9:52 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
> Hey, i recall —way back in round /twenty-five-hundred-and-seventy-nine!/—
> a dealer forgetting to put the dictionary def into the list! Why didn't
> THAT guy get some sort of e-mailed /graphical grief/?
>
> *[C;*
>
> Maybe an empty "thought bubble"?
> (Like the one attached.)
> _For the forgetful guy, not Efrem!_
>
>
>
> On 26 February 2015 at 04:46, Jim Hart <jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com
> <mailto:jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> wrote:
>
>
> Jim
>

--

France International/Mike Shefler
February 26th, 2015, 09:05 AM
it stands for Portable Network Graphics. It showed up just fine in my
version of Tbird (31.4.0)

Mike

On 2/26/2015 10:00 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:
> What's a "PNG" file? Can't open it here.
>
>
> On 2/26/2015 9:52 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
>> Hey, i recall —way back in round
>> /twenty-five-hundred-and-seventy-nine!/— a dealer forgetting to put
>> the dictionary def into the list! Why didn't THAT guy get some sort
>> of e-mailed /graphical grief/?
>>
>> *[C;*
>>
>> Maybe an empty "thought bubble"?
>> (Like the one attached.)
>> _For the forgetful guy, not Efrem!_
>>
>>
>>
>> On 26 February 2015 at 04:46, Jim Hart <jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com
>> <mailto:jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> wrote:
>>
>> I don't recall a dealer winning a crown before.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>

--

—Keith Hale—
February 26th, 2015, 09:12 AM
d'OH!

As i was hitting the "Send" button, it occurred to me to wonder if PNGs
were common enough yet to be universally viewable. It sort of fits the
nature of the graphic that they aren't. [C;

On 26 February 2015 at 09:05, France International/Mike Shefler <
stamps (AT) salsgiver (DOT) com> wrote:

> it stands for Portable Network Graphics. It showed up just fine in my
> version of Tbird (31.4.0)
>
> Mike
>
>
> On 2/26/2015 10:00 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
>> What's a "PNG" file? Can't open it here.
>>
>>
>> On 2/26/2015 9:52 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, i recall —way back in round /twenty-five-hundred-and-seventy-nine!/—
>>> a dealer forgetting to put the dictionary def into the list! Why didn't
>>> THAT guy get some sort of e-mailed /graphical grief/?
>>>
>>> *[C;*
>>>
>>> Maybe an empty "thought bubble"?
>>> (Like the one attached.)
>>> _For the forgetful guy, not Efrem!_
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 26 February 2015 at 04:46, Jim Hart <jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com <mailto:
>>> jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't recall a dealer winning a crown before.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>>
>>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--

Dodi Schultz
February 26th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the JPG (which worked fine). Good one!

On 2/26/2015 10:12 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
> d'OH!
>
> As i was hitting the "Send" button, it occurred to me to wonder if PNGs
> were common enough yet to be universally viewable. It sort of fits the
> nature of the graphic that they aren't. [C;
>
>
> On 26 February 2015 at 09:05, France International/Mike Shefler
> <stamps (AT) salsgiver (DOT) com <mailto:stamps (AT) salsgiver (DOT) com>> wrote:
>
> it stands for Portable Network Graphics. It showed up just fine in my
> version of Tbird (31.4.0)
>
> Mike
>
>
> On 2/26/2015 10:00 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
> What's a "PNG" file? Can't open it here.
>
>
> On 2/26/2015 9:52 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
>
> Hey, i recall —way back in round
> /twenty-five-hundred-and-seventy-nine!/— a dealer forgetting
> to put the dictionary def into the list! Why didn't THAT guy
> get some sort of e-mailed /graphical grief/?
>
> *[C;*
>
> Maybe an empty "thought bubble"?
> (Like the one attached.)
> _For the forgetful guy, not Efrem!_
>
>
>
> On 26 February 2015 at 04:46, Jim Hart <jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com
> <mailto:jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com> <mailto:jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com
> <mailto:jfshart (AT) gmail (DOT) com>>> wrote:
>
>
> Jim
>
>
>
> --
>
>

--

Guerri Stevens
February 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
It worked for me. Came through as an attachment, and opened OK in
Windows Photo Gallery.
Guerri
On 2/26/2015 10:12 AM, —Keith Hale— wrote:
> d'OH!
>
> As i was hitting the "Send" button, it occurred to me to wonder if
> PNGs were common enough yet to be universally viewable. It sort of
> fits the nature of the graphic that they aren't. [C;

--

Guerri Stevens
February 26th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall
on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And
how did it get to be a crown in the first place?

Guerri
On 2/26/2015 5:40 AM, JohnB wrote:
> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>
>
> *
> JohnnyB
>
> *
> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.

--

Stephen Dixon
February 26th, 2015, 10:08 AM
The crown was conceived as a harshly satirical "reward" for a player who
sent a public def twice in the same round and three times in the same week.

I'd rather not name the player. [?]

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Guerri Stevens <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com>
wrote:

> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall on
> his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And how did
> it get to be a crown in the first place?
>
> Guerri
> On 2/26/2015 5:40 AM, JohnB wrote:
>
>> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>>
>>
>> *
>> JohnnyB
>>
>> *
>> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>>
>>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>>
>>>
>> No virus found in this message.
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com <mailto:
>> dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
>>
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--
Stephen Dixon
email: stevedixon46 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

"Things are not as they seem. Nor are they otherwise" --- from the
Lankavatara Sutra

--

JohnB
February 26th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Guerri (or anyone)

did you see the sword I included in my original suggestion?
*JohnnyB

On 26/02/2015 15:59, Guerri Stevens wrote:
> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall
> on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And
> how did it get to be a crown in the first place?
>
> Guerri
>> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>>
>>
>> *
>> JohnnyB
>>
>> *
>> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>>
>>
>> No virus found in this message.
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date:
>> 02/22/15
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
>

--

Steve Graham
February 26th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I did

Steve Graham

From: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com [mailto:dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com] On Behalf Of JohnB
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 08:59
To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
Subject: Re: [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

Guerri (or anyone)

JohnnyB

I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And how did it get to be a crown in the first place?

Guerri

JohnnyB

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> <http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.

--

--

Dodi Schultz
February 26th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I saw it, Johnny.

—Dodi

On 2/26/2015 11:58 AM, JohnB wrote:
> Guerri (or anyone)
>
> did you see the sword I included in my original suggestion?
> *JohnnyB
>
> *
> On 26/02/2015 15:59, Guerri Stevens wrote:
>> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall
>> on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And
>> how did it get to be a crown in the first place?
>>
>> Guerri
>> On 2/26/2015 5:40 AM, JohnB wrote:
>>> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>>>
>>>
>>> *
>>> JohnnyB
>>>
>>> *
>>> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>>>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>>>
>>>

--

Judy Madnick
February 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I did too.

Judy

Original message
Dated: 2/26/2015 12:03:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

I did

Steve Graham

From: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com [mailto:dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com] On Behalf Of JohnB
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 08:59
To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
Subject: Re: [Dixonary] Round 2586 new word: PALETOT

Guerri (or anyone)

JohnnyB
I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And how did it get to be a crown in the first place?

Guerri

JohnnyB

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.

--

--

--

Christopher Carson
February 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I saw it using MS live mail client.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 26, 2015, at 11:58 AM, JohnB <johnb (AT) john-barrs (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
>
> Guerri (or anyone)
>
> JohnnyB
>
>> On 26/02/2015 15:59, Guerri Stevens wrote:
>> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And how did it get to be a crown in the first place?
>>
>> Guerri
>>> On 2/26/2015 5:40 AM, JohnB wrote:
>>> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>>>
>>>
>>> *
>>> JohnnyB
>>>
>>> *
>>>> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>>>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>>
>>> No virus found in this message.
>>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>>> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --

--

Daniel Widdis
February 26th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Both jpg and png are long-established graphic file standards (as well as
GIF). JPG tends to have the smallest size and is better for
photographs. GIF and PNG are good for non-photo graphics like logos and
clip art (and dixon crowns and the new Damocles sword proposed). Both
support transparency: PNG has better transparency options, and GIF
supports animation.

I suspect we all probably were able to see both images, the difference
was Johnny included his JPG in-line as part of an HTML message, while
Keith attached his PNG as a separate attachment.

As for the history of the crown Guerri asked about... does anyone know?

Dan

On 2/26/15 9:52 AM, Christopher Carson wrote:
> I saw it using MS live mail client.
>
> Chris
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 26, 2015, at 11:58 AM, JohnB <johnb (AT) john-barrs (DOT) co.uk
> <mailto:johnb (AT) john-barrs (DOT) co.uk>> wrote:
>
>> Guerri (or anyone)
>>
>> did you see the sword I included in my original suggestion?
>> *JohnnyB
>>
>> *
>> On 26/02/2015 15:59, Guerri Stevens wrote:
>>> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should
>>> fall on his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a
>>> crown. And how did it get to be a crown in the first place?
>>>
>>> Guerri
>>> On 2/26/2015 5:40 AM, JohnB wrote:
>>>> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *
>>>> JohnnyB
>>>>
>>>> *
>>>> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>>>>> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> No virus found in this message.
>>>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
>>>> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date:
>>>> 02/22/15
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Dixonary" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>> send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>>>> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.

--

Stephen Dixon
February 26th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Daniel asked: "As for the history of the crown Guerri asked about... does
anyone know?"

The crown was conceived as a harshly satirical "reward" for a player who
sent a public def twice in the same round and three times in the same week.

I'd rather not name the player. [?]

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Widdis <widdis (AT) dixonary (DOT) net> wrote:

> Both jpg and png are long-established graphic file standards (as well as
> GIF). JPG tends to have the smallest size and is better for
> photographs. GIF and PNG are good for non-photo graphics like logos and
> clip art (and dixon crowns and the new Damocles sword proposed). Both
> support transparency: PNG has better transparency options, and GIF supports
> animation.
>
> I suspect we all probably were able to see both images, the difference was
> Johnny included his JPG in-line as part of an HTML message, while Keith
> attached his PNG as a separate attachment.
>
> As for the history of the crown Guerri asked about... does anyone know?
>
> Dan
>
>
> On 2/26/15 9:52 AM, Christopher Carson wrote:
>
> I saw it using MS live mail client.
>
> Chris
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 26, 2015, at 11:58 AM, JohnB <johnb (AT) john-barrs (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
>
> Guerri (or anyone)
>
>
>
> *JohnnyB *
> On 26/02/2015 15:59, Guerri Stevens wrote:
>
> I don't know - it could be taken as a hint that the dealer should fall on
> his or her sword, which seems a bit more extreme than a crown. And how did
> it get to be a crown in the first place?
>
> Guerri
>
> maybe a sword (as of Damocles)
>
>
> *
> JohnnyB
>
> *
> On 26/02/2015 05:52, Daniel Widdis wrote:
>
> There's got to be some sort of reverse dixon crown for this.
>
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2013.0.3495 / Virus Database: 4257/9160 - Release Date: 02/22/15
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
> email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
> <mailto:dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>
> <dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>.
>
>
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--
Stephen Dixon

Lankavatara Sutra

--

Jim Hart
February 26th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I saw the sword image but thought it was a nutcracker

Jim

--

Jim Hart
February 26th, 2015, 04:53 PM
The original crown was a much simpler affair (they were simpler times after
all) composed of ascii characters, there being no graphics on our screens
in those days. From memory the first version occupied a space of perhaps 5
lines of 10 characters. Some overexcited players extended this to possibly
twice those dimensions. We had never heard of JPG and all I knew about PNG
was its capital is Port Moresby.

<Sigh>
Jim

--

Efrem Mallach
February 26th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Fellow Dixonarists,

Here are 19 definitions of PALETOT. Eighteen of them are from your fellow players, in order by character count (which may not correspond to visual length in some fonts). The other, somewhere in the list, is its real meaning:

1. a hypothetical or obsolete occupation. [MF 'soldier', fm nursery rhyme _mailleur, tailleur, paletot, matelot_, equiv. of 'tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor']

2. a Napoleonic tactic involving a simulated collapse in the center of deployed troops to drawn in opposing forces thus enabling a three-sided counter-attack.

3. a fanciful, often grotesque figurine in the Japanese or Chinese style rendered in a seated position

4. also _paletat_ [Archeol] the study of ancient middens, household waste pits etc.

5. a Gallic peasant’s woollen cloak, with a hood or cowl, worn also by monks.

6. an object given or taken signifying an agreement between two parties.

7. [Can.] A type of snare used for taking fur-bearing small animals.

8. a sacrificial altar having a flat top mounted on a fluted pillar.

9. an allowance, or perquisite, given to buy drink; a gratuity.

10. [Can. Fr.] "deadwood" (a fallen pin) in candlepin bowling.

11. a heraldic charge depicting a stylized bird without legs.

12. a close-fitting jacket worn over a dress.

13. the supporting base of an obelisk.

14. a dinosaur that walked upright.

15. a blank space or missing part.

16. leader of a cavalry platoon.

17. a low close-paneled fence.

18. a tentative agreement.

19. a footstool.

Please select two definitions that you like for any reason and announce your votes by Reply to this message. Voting will close in about 39 hours, at 10 am (1000 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, Feb. 28. I think that is also:

9 am, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
7 am, same date, U.S. Western Standard Time
3 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
4 pm, same date, Continental European Time
2 am, Sunday, March 1, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
4 am, Sunday, March 1, New Zealand Daylight Time

and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the time zone conversions. Please confirm yours if you're not sure.

New players are welcome, even if you didn't submit a definition for this word. Full rules can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .

Happy voting,

Efrem

--

Dave Cunningham
February 26th, 2015, 06:41 PM
6 and 18 to make sure I do not get the deal accidentally

Dave

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 7:13:35 PM UTC-5, Efrem wrote:

> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> Here are 19 definitions of PALETOT. Eighteen of them are from your fellow
> players, in order by character count (which may not correspond to visual
> length in some fonts). The other, somewhere in the list, is its real
> meaning:
>
> 1. a hypothetical or obsolete occupation. [MF 'soldier', fm nursery rhyme
> _mailleur, tailleur, paletot, matelot_, equiv. of 'tinker, tailor, soldier,
> sailor']
>
> 2. a Napoleonic tactic involving a simulated collapse in the center of
> deployed troops to drawn in opposing forces thus enabling a three-sided
> counter-attack.
>
> 3. a fanciful, often grotesque figurine in the Japanese or Chinese style
> rendered in a seated position
>
> 4. also _paletat_ [Archeol] the study of ancient middens, household waste
> pits etc.
>
> 5. a Gallic peasant’s woollen cloak, with a hood or cowl, worn also by
> monks.
>
> 6. an object given or taken signifying an agreement between two parties.
>
> 7. [Can.] A type of snare used for taking fur-bearing small animals.
>
> 8. a sacrificial altar having a flat top mounted on a fluted pillar.
>
> 9. an allowance, or perquisite, given to buy drink; a gratuity.
>
> 10. [Can. Fr.] "deadwood" (a fallen pin) in candlepin bowling.
>
> 11. a heraldic charge depicting a stylized bird without legs.
>
> 12. a close-fitting jacket worn over a dress.
>
> 13. the supporting base of an obelisk.
>
> 14. a dinosaur that walked upright.
>
> 15. a blank space or missing part.
>
> 16. leader of a cavalry platoon.
>
> 17. a low close-paneled fence.
>
> 18. a tentative agreement.
>
> 19. a footstool.
>
> Please select two definitions that you like for any reason and announce
> your votes by Reply to this message. Voting will close in about 39 hours,
> at 10 am (1000 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, Feb. 28. I
> think that is also:
>
> 9 am, same date, U.S. Central Standard Time
> 7 am, same date, U.S. Western Standard Time
> 3 pm, same date, British Standard Time (and UTC)
> 4 pm, same date, Continental European Time
> 2 am, Sunday, March 1, Australian Eastern Daylight Time
> 4 am, Sunday, March 1, New Zealand Daylight Time
>
> and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the time
> zone conversions. Please confirm yours if you're not sure.
>
> New players are welcome, even if you didn't submit a definition for this
> word. Full rules can be found at
> http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Efrem

--

Daniel Widdis
February 26th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Might want to repost this in its own thread. Those who read on the
Google group or in a threaded email client won't see the new subject
line and may assume this is more discussion of crowns and swords.

As for my vote: I don't believe #1 for a minute but want to reward that
creativity. And since I'm going long, I may as well go short to
hedge. #19.

On 2/26/15 4:13 PM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>
> 1. a hypothetical or obsolete occupation. [MF 'soldier', fm nursery rhyme _mailleur, tailleur, paletot, matelot_, equiv. of 'tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor']
>
>
> 19. a footstool.
>

--

Steve Graham
February 26th, 2015, 07:13 PM
5 and 10 s'il vous plait.

Steve Graham

5. a Gallic peasant’s woollen cloak, with a hood or cowl, worn also by monks.

10. [Can. Fr.] "deadwood" (a fallen pin) in candlepin bowling.

--

—Keith Hale—
February 26th, 2015, 07:39 PM
It was vote-love at first -and second- sight!
The definitive stylings of #1 & #2 for me, if you would be so very kind.
—Keith—

--

Tim B
February 27th, 2015, 01:55 AM
7 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

--

Paul Keating
February 27th, 2015, 02:31 AM
5 & 12.

--
Paul Keating
Fuerteventura
On 27 Feb 2015 00:13, "Efrem Mallach" <emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> meaning:
>
> sailor']
>
> counter-attack.
>
>
> pits etc.
>
> monks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 19. a footstool.
>
> think that is also:
>
>
>
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Efrem
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--

Guerri Stevens
February 27th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Yes, I saw the sword. That's why I commented on falling on the sword.

Guerri
On 2/26/2015 11:58 AM, JohnB wrote:
> Guerri (or anyone)
>
> *JohnnyB*

--

France International/Mike Shefler
February 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
I'll go with 7 and 16.

--

JohnB
February 27th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Though bright it is cold enough here to suggest warm clothing so... #5
and #12 please

*JohnnyB*
On 27/02/2015 00:13, Efrem Mallach wrote:
> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> Here are 19 definitions of PALETOT. Eighteen of them are from your fellow players, in order by character count (which may not correspond to visual length in some fonts). The other, somewhere in the list, is its real meaning:
>
> 1. a hypothetical or obsolete occupation. [MF 'soldier', fm nursery rhyme _mailleur, tailleur, paletot, matelot_, equiv. of 'tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor']
>
> 2. a Napoleonic tactic involving a simulated collapse in the center of deployed troops to drawn in opposing forces thus enabling a three-sided counter-attack.
>
> 3. a fanciful, often grotesque figurine in the Japanese or Chinese style rendered in a seated position
>
> 4. also _paletat_ [Archeol] the study of ancient middens, household waste pits etc.
>
> 5. a Gallic peasant’s woollen cloak, with a hood or cowl, worn also by monks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 19. a footstool.
>
> Please select two definitions that you like for any reason and announce your votes by Reply to this message. Voting will close in about 39 hours, at 10 am (1000 hours) U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, Feb. 28. I think that is also:
>
>
> and other times in other places. I don't take responsibility for the time zone conversions. Please confirm yours if you're not sure.
>
> New players are welcome, even if you didn't submit a definition for this word. Full rules can be found at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Efrem
>

--

Stephen Dixon
February 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
#1 - Because it is, as Keith said, beautifully constructed

#6 - Because we need these, and more agreement between parties

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:13 PM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> meaning:
>
> sailor']
>
> counter-attack.
>
>
> pits etc.
>
> monks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 19. a footstool.
>
> think that is also:
>
>
>
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Efrem
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--
Stephen Dixon

Lankavatara Sutra

--

Tony Abell
February 27th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Oh, 6 and 18, I guess.

--

Shani Naylor
February 27th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I'm not convinced by any of them (especially my own), but I'll vote for 11
& 12.

Shani

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

> Fellow Dixonarists,
>
> meaning:
>
> sailor']
>
> counter-attack.
>
>
> pits etc.
>
> monks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 19. a footstool.
>
> think that is also:
>
>
>
>
> Happy voting,
>
> Efrem
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
>

--