PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Toronto!

Judy G. Russell
September 27th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I have no idea what the Yankees thought they were doing out there today, but at least (thank heavens) Toronto came through for us... It's a dead-even tie for the division and a three-way tie (with the Indians) for the wild card.

What a way to end a season...

ndebord
September 28th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I have no idea what the Yankees thought they were doing out there today, but at least (thank heavens) Toronto came through for us... It's a dead-even tie for the division and a three-way tie (with the Indians) for the wild card.

What a way to end a season...

Judy

Yes...WHAT a way to end the season! A pennant race finally. Right on down to the last batter, in the last inning and the Yankees have had to learn, as Posada said: "To Grind It!"

As for yesterday. Yuk. Eight or was it 9 pitchers and not a one of them did anything good for any amount of time. The interesting thing about Leiter is/was that he seems to be good for one inning, then falls apart in the next. So perhaps he is a short reliever, not long after all.

As for the rest. Oh boy. Are we ever in trouble. Did you notice they even had Mendoza up in the bullpen. (He supposedly is not right in the shoulder for primetime yet, so that was sheer desperation.) Torre looked like it was a 10 Maalox night!

Mike Landi
September 28th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Did you notice they even had Mendoza up in the bullpen. (He supposedly is not right in the shoulder for primetime yet, so that was sheer desperation.) Torre looked like it was a 10 Maalox night!

What the #@#%? happened to Moose last night? Less than 2 innings? We are dam* lucky that Toronto came back against Boston.

Lieter is cooked, sit him down.

This weekend will be a nail-biter!

Judy G. Russell
September 28th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Torre looked like it was a 10 Maalox night!To put it mildly. Man, if that's the best we can do every third night or so, we're in trouuuuuuble.

ndebord
September 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM
What the #@#%? happened to Moose last night? Less than 2 innings? We are dam* lucky that Toronto came back against Boston.

Lieter is cooked, sit him down.

This weekend will be a nail-biter!

Mike,

Leiter is cooked, but not in comparison to Embree and Franklin. His last two relief efforts were exactly the same. One good inning, followed by horrendous crap. So it looks like he is a one inning horse at this point. I'd put him out there again, but only for one gall darn inning!

ndebord
September 28th, 2005, 08:13 PM
In the Seventh inning, Cabrera is out of there and the relief pitcher Byrdak is letting the Yankes go ahead. From a 1-1 tie through 6 innnings, it is now 2-1 Yankees. Thanks you Jeter! Brydak is done and Williams is pitching for Baltimore. Arrgh! A-Rod hits a double play ball. <sigh>

Top of 7th inning: 2-1 Bombers. And Toronto is beating Boston 7-1!

J. Posada singled to center
- B. Williams hit by pitch, J. Posada to second
- T. Byrdak relieved D. Cabrera
- R. Cano sacrificed to pitcher, J. Posada to third, B. Williams to second
- T. Williams relieved T. Byrdak
- D. Jeter singled to right, J. Posada scored, B. Williams to third
- A. Rodriguez lined into double play right to catcher, B. Williams out at home
- End of top half of 7th Inning (1 Run, 2 Hits, 0 Errors)

Bottom of the 7th inning: Maalox stretch. Chacon made me very, very nervous and obviously Torre too. Gordon came in with 2 out and runner at 2nd base and he got out of the inning! Groundout to first base!

- J. Lopez grounded out to third
- L. Matos walked
- L. Matos caught stealing, catcher to second
- C. Gomez ground rule double to deep center
Gordon relieves Chacon
- D. Newhan grounded out to first

Mike Landi
September 29th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Leiter is cooked, but not in comparison to Embree and Franklin. His last two relief efforts were exactly the same. One good inning, followed by horrendous crap. So it looks like he is a one inning horse at this point. I'd put him out there again, but only for one gall darn inning!

How about we just shelve the three of them, and not use them. Have the starter go into the seventh for the rest of the year. <g>

(Wishful thinking, I know.)