PDA

View Full Version : Filtering by TAPCIS.COM Email

Guerri Stevens
September 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Those who play the Dixonary game have run into a problem receiving some posts via Email. This happened with a recent message posted in the Coryphaeus Yahoo group announcing the results of the preceding round. The message was originally posted here in the Parlor forum, but never made it to the Yahoo group (that is another problem but I'm ignoring it for now).

Someone helped out by copying and pasting the message here into a message that he then Emailed to the Yahoo group. His message was properly emailed by Yahoo and reached some participants but not others. I was one of those who didn't receive the message, so I experimented a bit.

I went into the Yahoo group and read the message. I used the Forward button to forward it to my tapcis.com Email address, to another of my Yahoo addresses, to my husband, and to another participant. The message was delivered to my other Yahoo address and to my husband. It was not delivered to my tapcis.com address or to the other participant (not a tapcis.com address).

I then forwarded it again to my tapcis.com Email address and to the other participant, but this time I removed the links to other sites that were at the beginning of the message (not the links that Yahoo sticks in). This time the message was delivered to both of us.

Apparently there is something that tapcis.com Email processing does that filters out some messages with no error information provided. My guess is that it's either spam filtering or virus filtering.

I am not sure what can be done about this, but if it is possible to report it to the tapcis.com Email management, I can provide the message number in the Yahoo group or could try forwarding the message to someone here.

Judy G. Russell
September 20th, 2005, 09:17 PM
It was not delivered to my tapcis.com address or to the other participant (not a tapcis.com address). ... this time I removed the links to other sites that were at the beginning of the message (not the links that Yahoo sticks in). This time the message was delivered to both of us.
I can't try to report anything (or try to fix anything) without knowing precisely what the message was that didn't get delivered. You're telling me it was because of some links but without saying what the links are. I really need more information (such as a copy of the message as an attachment so we can examine it).

Guerri Stevens
September 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM
I can't try to report anything (or try to fix anything) without knowing precisely what the message was that didn't get delivered. You're telling me it was because of some links but without saying what the links are. I really need more information (such as a copy of the message as an attachment so we can examine it).Well, I did say in my message that I could provide more information if it was possible to report this. I didn't know whether you could do so, so didn't bother to supply that information in my original message.

I have forwarded the message to you by Email. It was originally posted by Johnny Barrs and the subject is "results of round 1645". I didn't know how I could attach it here without doing a screen copy and I don't have time right now to download that software you recommended. The problem with forwarding it is that you may not get it for the same reason I and the other person didn't get it! If that happens, and you want to pursue this, the message is in the Coryphaeus Yahoo group and it's number 2869. I don't know how much you've used the group, so in case you haven't used it, when you sign in, it will show you a list of recent messages. You can click on "View All" at the top of the list, and it will show you a longer list, with numbers. As of right now, the one you'll want is in the previous howevermanyitshows, so you have to click on the "previous" item, then scroll down.

Judy G. Russell
September 22nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
I did receive it and I'll see about researching it when I have some time.

Guerri Stevens
September 22nd, 2005, 07:20 PM
I did receive it and I'll see about researching it when I have some time.Thanks very much, Judy.

One thing of interest: one of the links has an error in it. It's the "virtual tourist" one. I tried forwarding the message with that one removed, and it still failed.

I will be offline for awhile, but will pick this up again when I return.