PDA

View Full Version : Round 2464: New Woid - CHIRK

Daniel Widdis
December 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Da woid for round 2464, found somewhere in the dictionary between chincherinchee and chirm, is:

*** CHIRK ***

Please send me your fabulous, fanciful, fake, fictitious, fairy-tale, fabricated, false, fantastical, forged, fabled, far fetched, fraudulent, flim flam, feigned, fanatical, and figmental definitions by private reply to this message.
- Users of the Tapcis Forum at www.tapcis.com may click on my name and "Send email to Daniel Widdis".
- Mailing list players may email me at: widdis@dixonary.net

Please include CHIRK or 2464 somewhere in either your subject line or message to reduce the chances that I'll miss your definition.

The deadline for submissions is Julian date 2456637, or for those of you who use Unix/Linux, when time() reports 1386676800. If you're a fan of Microsoft, you can plug 41618.5 into Microsoft Excel to translate the deadline (Mac users might note their version of excel starts in 1904 rather than 1900, and thus would use 40156.5. If you're still using the old Julian Calendar it's on November 27. If you use the Hebrew calendar it's Teveth 8 in the year 5774. On the Islamic calendar it's Safar 7, 1435. Persians might want to note that the deadline falls on Azar 20, in the year 1392. Indians might instead choose Agrahayana 20, 1935. If you're familiar with the origin of the metric system you might know it was part of the French Republican revolution, whose calendar would today read Année 222 de la République, Mois de Frimaire, Décade III, Jour du Primidi. We all know the Mayan Long Count calendar reached a new baktun last year; the deadline will fall on 13.0.0.17.15.

For most of the rest of us, the deadline is 4am PDT/7am EST on Tuesday, December 10, which is noon UTC. Our players in Melbourne have until 23:00. All of those times are about 34 hours from now.