PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] ROUND 2416: Here come da defs!

Dodi Schultz
June 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so before the deadline below. If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address. DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m. respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m. Good luck! 1. juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to divine; to foretell. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or talk nonsense. 7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs. 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame. 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate. 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened. 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener. 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel. 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes. 17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Dodi Schultz
June 18th, 2013, 11:50 PM
IN CASE YOU RECEIVED A VERSION OF THIS THAT WAS ALL MASHED INTO ONE PARAGRAPH: HERE IT IS AGAIN. HOPEFULLY, IN NORMAL FORMAT. ================================================== ============================= Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so before the deadline below. If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address. DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m. respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m. Good luck! 1. juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to divine; to foretell. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or talk nonsense. 7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs. 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame. 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate. 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened. 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener. 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel. 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes. 17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

Steve Graham
June 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM
She did the monster mash.....

Steve Graham

No tree is too big for a short dog to lift his leg on

-----Original Message-----
From: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com [mailto:dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com] On Behalf
Of Dodi Schultz
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 21:50
To: Dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
Subject: [Dixonary] Fwd: ROUND 2416: Here come da defs! (again)

IN CASE YOU RECEIVED A VERSION OF THIS THAT WAS ALL MASHED INTO ONE
PARAGRAPH: HERE IT IS AGAIN. HOPEFULLY, IN NORMAL FORMAT.
================================================== ==========================
=== Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen
have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual
dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances.
Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so
before the deadline below. If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into
the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not
brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too,
may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you
must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my
address. DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6
a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m.
respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m. Good luck! 1.
juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to divine; to
foretell. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or talk nonsense.
7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs. 9. to
beat black and blue; also, to defame. 10. to vibrate at a continually
changing rate. 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened. 12. to
misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by
bubbling a gas up through it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid
artificial sweetener. 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into
gravel. 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes.
17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or
meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the
forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more
alternatives but express no preference between them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.

--

Dodi Schultz
June 18th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so before the deadline below. If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address. DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m. respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m. Good luck! 1. juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to divine; to foretell. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or talk nonsense. 7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs. 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame. 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate. 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened. 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener. 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel. 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes. 17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 12:05 AM
On 6/19/2013 12:53 AM, Steve Graham wrote:
> She did the monster mash.....

I have no idea what happened. I am still trying desperately to reformat.
Hang in there.

--

Hugo Kornelis
June 19th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Hi Dodi,

My evil twin wanted me to pick the combination of #1 and #7, but I
declined. Instead, I'll pick the eights: #8 and #18.

8. (of fish) having mouth barbs.

18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs
upright.

Cheers,
Hugo

Op 19-6-2013 6:28, Dodi Schultz schreef:
> Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE.
> Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is
> from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one.
> You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to
> this announcement. Do so before the deadline below. If you're a
> brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you
> can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get
> around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If
> you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse
> yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address.
> DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m.
> PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m.
> respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m. Good luck!
> 1. juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to
> divine; to foretell. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or
> talk nonsense. 7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish)
> having mouth barbs. 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame.
> 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate. 11. any dry mixture
> that foams when moistened. 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or
> illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through
> it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener. 15.
> to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel. 16. [Geol.]
> of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes. 17. to dispel
> mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or
> meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting
> with the forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer
> two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--

Efrem Mallach
June 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
I think I've unmunged it. If this comes through correctly, it may be easier to use.

Of course, the same gremlin may affect me also ...

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On Jun 19, 2013, at 12:28 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:

Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so before the deadline below.

If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address.

DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m. respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m.

Good luck!

1. juice.

2. to buzz; hum.

3. to tease or tickle.

4. to divine; to foretell.

5. to walk or move slowly.

6. to write or talk nonsense.

7. inability to swallow fluids.

9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame.

10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate.

11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened.

12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist.

13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it.

14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener.

15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel.

16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes.

17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation.

18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright.

19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--

Judy Madnick
June 19th, 2013, 07:29 AM
How about 15 and 16 this time.

Judy Madnick
Jacksonville, FL

1. juice. 2. to buzz; hum. 3. to tease or tickle. 4. to divine; to foretell.. 5. to walk or move slowly. 6. to write or talk nonsense. 7. inability to swallow fluids. 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs. 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame. 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate. 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened. 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist. 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it. 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener. 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel. 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes. 17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation. 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright. 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.

--

Steve Graham
June 19th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I'll take 8 and 11 please

Steve Graham

No tree is too big for a short dog to lift his leg on

--

EnDash@aol.com
June 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
My votes are for 3 and 12

-- Dick Weltz

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM
On 6/19/2013 7:40 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
> I think I've unmunged it. If this comes through correctly, it may be easier to use.

You did! You did!

How you do dat?

Gratefully,

Dodi da Dealah

--

Efrem Mallach
June 19th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I put in a carriage return before every number, which is probably exactly what you did. My software (Apple's Mail, version 4.6) apparently didn't get rid of them. :)

Unfortunately, reformatting didn't make the right definition any easier to find, and apparently also didn't make people more likely to pick mine. :(

e

On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:

> On 6/19/2013 7:40 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>> I think I've unmunged it. If this comes through correctly, it may be easier to use.
>
> You did! You did!
>
> How you do dat?
>
> Gratefully,
>
> Dodi da Dealah

--

Mike Shefler
June 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I think 6 and 12 are appropriate given the formatting problems.

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
On 6/19/2013 10:43 AM, Mike Shefler wrote:
> I think 6 and 12 are appropriate given the formatting problems.
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting wasn't my fault
after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal). Several votes
this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate. And I have just
received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at the same time; all
three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me AND a cc to Dixonary.

--

France International/Mike Shefler
June 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Blame it on solar flares.

On 6/19/2013 11:19 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:
> On 6/19/2013 10:43 AM, Mike Shefler wrote:
>> I think 6 and 12 are appropriate given the formatting problems.
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
> That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting wasn't my
> fault after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal).
> Several votes this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate.
> And I have just received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at
> the same time; all three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me
> AND a cc to Dixonary.
>

--

—Keith Hale—
June 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thank you Efrem! Your unmunged version worked for me!

I'll take 11 & 13, please!
-Keith-

>
>
> 13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it.
>

--

mvgrieco@cs.com
June 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
My votes go to:

3. to tease or tickle.
and

5. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel.
-Matthew Grieco

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 02:12 PM
On 6/19/2013 12:10 PM, Mike Shefler wrote:
> Blame it on solar flares.

OK. Or maybe the Townsend kid?

--

Tim Lodge
June 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Google has switched me to the "New Google Groups" today, with no option to
return to the old format, which I preferred. It may be just coincidence,
but if they've changed the Group software it could account for the recent
strange behaviour.

-- Tim L

On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 16:19:54 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
>
>
> That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting wasn't my fault
> after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal). Several votes
> this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate. And I have just
> received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at the same time; all
> three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me AND a cc to Dixonary.
>

--

Chuck
June 19th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Dodi -

How sad to see your compacted defs so many times . . .

I'll try -

and

upright.

Thanks,

Chuck

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Oh, great. And your message below, Tim, arrived in duplicate; the header
indicated that it was sent to Dixonary with a cc: to me. Did you, in fact,
send it that way?

—Dodi

================================================== =================

On 6/19/2013 3:18 PM, Tim Lodge wrote:
> Google has switched me to the "New Google Groups" today, with no option
> to return to the old format, which I preferred. It may be just
> coincidence, but if they've changed the Group software it could account
> for the recent strange behaviour.
>
> -- Tim L
>
> On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 16:19:54 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
>
>
> That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting wasn't my
> fault
> after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal). Several votes
> this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate. And I have just
> received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at the same time; all
> three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me AND a cc to Dixonary.
>
>
>
>

--

Tim Lodge
June 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Dodi

Yes I did - It was the first message I've sent using the new Groups
software and I wasn't sure whether I it was safe to uncheck the CC: box.
Clearly it was!

-- Tim L

On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 22:27:33 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
> Oh, great. And your message below, Tim, arrived in duplicate; the header
> indicated that it was sent to Dixonary with a cc: to me. Did you, in fact,
> send it that way?
>
> �Dodi
>
> ================================================== =================
>
> On 6/19/2013 3:18 PM, Tim Lodge wrote:
> > Google has switched me to the "New Google Groups" today, with no option
> > to return to the old format, which I preferred. It may be just
> > coincidence, but if they've changed the Group software it could account
> > for the recent strange behaviour.
> >
> > -- Tim L
> >
> > On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 16:19:54 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting wasn't my
> > fault
> > after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal). Several
> votes
> > this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate. And I have
> just
> > received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at the same time;
> all
> > three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me AND a cc to
> Dixonary.
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

--

Dodi Schultz
June 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
This one arrived in duplicate, too! Didn't this happen once before? Drove
us crazy then, too.

================================================== =====

On 6/19/2013 5:53 PM, Tim Lodge wrote:
> Dodi
>
> Yes I did - It was the first message I've sent using the new Groups
> software and I wasn't sure whether I it was safe to uncheck the CC: box.
> Clearly it was!
>
> -- Tim L
>
> On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 22:27:33 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
>
> Oh, great. And your message below, Tim, arrived in duplicate; the header
> indicated that it was sent to Dixonary with a cc: to me. Did you, in
> fact,
> send it that way?
>
> �Dodi
>
> ================================================== =================
>
> On 6/19/2013 3:18 PM, Tim Lodge wrote:
> > Google has switched me to the "New Google Groups" today, with no
> option
> > to return to the old format, which I preferred. It may be just
> > coincidence, but if they've changed the Group software it could
> account
> > for the recent strange behaviour.
> >
> > -- Tim L
> >
> > On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 16:19:54 UTC+1, Dodi Schultz wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > That's interesting. Maybe the garbling of the defs posting
> wasn't my
> > fault
> > after all (I'd done nothing different from my last deal).
> Several votes
> > this round (though not all) have arrived in duplicate. And I
> have just
> > received THREE copies of the above, all three sent at the same
> time; all
> > three were addressed to Dixonary with a cc to me AND a cc to
> Dixonary.
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
> email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>
>

--

Jim Hart
June 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Back in the game again after my furlough, and feeling out of practice.

Too many verbs so I'll take a couple of adjectival definitions and since
I have two votes I'll select powers of two, specifically 8 and 16 -
someting fishy, something rocky.

Jim

--

Jim Hart
June 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Tim, I mostly participate via the Groups site and got used to the 'new'
format a year ago but still find some of its habits a bit strange. I'm sure
there is a logic to the preset cc boxes but it's not very apparent and I
don't always notice them which means people like Dodi then get multiple
copies.

My main gripe is that when I've written a reply to a message I sometimes
click the red box marked 'post reply' instead of the green one marked
'post'. The red one actually means 'start a new reply' while the green one
means 'post this reply'. Trouble is the green one sometimes scrolls off the
screen while the red one is always visible - not very well thought out.

Jim

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:53:22 AM UTC+10, Tim Lodge wrote:
>
> Dodi
>
> Yes I did - It was the first message I've sent using the new Groups
> software and I wasn't sure whether I it was safe to uncheck the CC: box.
> Clearly it was!
>
> -- Tim L
>
>>
>>

--

Millie Morgan
June 20th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Dodi

I'll try 1 and 5 thanks:

1. juice
5. to walk or move slowly

Best wishes
Millie

--

Tony Abell
June 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I'll take 2 and 18. I think.

2. to buzz; hum.
18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the

--

Efrem Mallach
June 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
The big question is what part of speech it is. I'll go with verbs. But which? Let's try 9 and 13.

Efrem

On Jun 19, 2013, at 12:28 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:

> Below, you'll find nineteen claimed definitions for SUGGILATE. Eighteen have been concocted by you and your fellow players. One is from an actual dictionary. Your challenge is to single out that one. You have two chances. Make your choices publicly, by direct reply to this announcement. Do so before the deadline below.
>
> If you're a brand-new player, just jumping into the game at this point: Yes, you can start to play right now. If you're not brand-new but didn't get around to submitting a def, no problem; you, too, may vote. BUT: If you suddenly realize that you recognize the real def, you must recuse yourself. DON'T do so publicly; send a personal message to my address.
>
> DEADLINE: Thursday, 20 June, 9 a.m. EDT. That's 8 a.m. CDT and 6 a.m. PDT. For those in England and the Netherlands, 2 and 3 p.m. respectively. And for our Victoria contingent, 11 p.m.
>
> Good luck!
>
> 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame.
>

--

Dodi Schultz
June 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Taking no chances, I'm doing this by hand.

Millie, right back atcha. Millie, who dealt the last round, will be dealing
the next one as well; her forelegs-waving quadruped (#18) was selected by
six of you. The no-doubt-grateful real winner is Keith, with four votes for
his rock-chopping (#15).

I almost had a D0. Efrem spoiled that just this morning, about half an hour
before the deadline (giving him an unnatural score of 4). See #9. Weird
word, no? The latest listing I could find was Merriam-Webster II (1934).

The details:

1. juice.
Submitted by Matthew Grieco, who voted for 3 & 15. Score: 2
Voted for by Tim Lodge and Millie Morgan

2. to buzz; hum.
Submitted by Chris Carson, who voted for 4 & 18. Score: 1
Voted for by Tony Abell

3. to tease or tickle.
Submitted by Mike Shefler, who voted for 6 & 12. Score: 2
Voted for by Matthew Greico and Dick Weltz

4. to divine; to foretell.
Submitted by Judy Madnick, who voted for 15 & 16. Score: 1
Voted for by Chris Carson

5. to walk or move slowly.
Submitted by Tony Abell, who voted for 2 & 18. Score: 1
Voted for by Millie Morgan

6. to write or talk nonsense.
Submitted by Glen Boswell, who voted for 10 & 15. Score: 2
Voted for by Tim Bourne and Mike Shefler

7. inability to swallow fluids.
Submitted by Steve Graham, who voted for 8 & 11. Score: 0
Voted for by no one

Submitted by Tim Lodge, who voted for 1 & 18. Score: 3
Voted for by Steve Graham, Jim Hart, and Hugo Kornelis

9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame.
From the dictionary, as noted above. Score: D1
Voted for by Efrem Mallach

10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate.
Submitted by Dick Weltz, who voted for 3 & 12. Score: 2
Voted for by Glen Boswell and Tim Bourne

Submitted by Guerri Stevens, who voted for 13 & 18. Score: 2
Voted for by Steve Graham and Keith Hale

12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist.
Submitted by Dave Cunningham, who didn't vote. Score: 2
Voted for by Mike Shefler and Dick Weltz

13. to clean a liquid by bubbling a gas up through it.
Submitted by Chuck Emery, who voted for 15 & 18. Score: 3
Voted for by Keith Hale, Efrem Mallach, and Guerri Stevens

14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener.
Submitted by Hugo Kornelis, who voted for 8 & 18. Score: 0
Voted for by no one

Submitted by Keith Hale, who voted for 11 & 13. Score: 4
Voted for by Glen Boswell, Chuck Emery, Matthew Grieco, and Judy Madnick

16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes.
Submitted by Efrem Mallach, who voted for *9* & 13. Score: 2 + *2* = 4
Voted for by Jim Hart and Judy Madnick

17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation.
Submitted by Jim Hart, who voted for 8 & 16. Score: 0
Voted for by no one

upright.
Submitted by Millie Morgan, who voted for 1 & 5. Score: 6
Voted for by Tony Abell, Chris Carson, Chuck Emery, Hugo Kornelis, Tim
Lodge, and Guerri Stevens

19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no
preference between them.
Submitted by Tim Bourne, who voted for 6 & 10. Score: 0
Voted for by no one

--

Efrem Mallach
June 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Dodi,

I apologize, but not much. You may suggilate me at your next opportunity.

Efrem

On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Dodi Schultz wrote:

>
> Taking no chances, I'm doing this by hand.
>
> Millie, right back atcha. Millie, who dealt the last round, will be dealing the next one as well; her forelegs-waving quadruped (#18) was selected by six of you. The no-doubt-grateful real winner is Keith, with four votes for his rock-chopping (#15).
>
> I almost had a D0. Efrem spoiled that just this morning, about half an hour before the deadline (giving him an unnatural score of 4). See #9. Weird word, no? The latest listing I could find was Merriam-Webster II (1934).
>
> The details:
>
> 1. juice.
> Submitted by Matthew Grieco, who voted for 3 & 15. Score: 2
> Voted for by Tim Lodge and Millie Morgan
>
> 2. to buzz; hum.
> Submitted by Chris Carson, who voted for 4 & 18. Score: 1
> Voted for by Tony Abell
>
> 3. to tease or tickle.
> Submitted by Mike Shefler, who voted for 6 & 12. Score: 2
> Voted for by Matthew Greico and Dick Weltz
>
> 4. to divine; to foretell.
> Submitted by Judy Madnick, who voted for 15 & 16. Score: 1
> Voted for by Chris Carson
>
> 5. to walk or move slowly.
> Submitted by Tony Abell, who voted for 2 & 18. Score: 1
> Voted for by Millie Morgan
>
> 6. to write or talk nonsense.
> Submitted by Glen Boswell, who voted for 10 & 15. Score: 2
> Voted for by Tim Bourne and Mike Shefler
>
> 7. inability to swallow fluids.
> Submitted by Steve Graham, who voted for 8 & 11. Score: 0
> Voted for by no one
>
> 8. (of fish) having mouth barbs.
> Submitted by Tim Lodge, who voted for 1 & 18. Score: 3
> Voted for by Steve Graham, Jim Hart, and Hugo Kornelis
>
> 9. to beat black and blue; also, to defame.
> From the dictionary, as noted above. Score: D1
> Voted for by Efrem Mallach
>
> 10. to vibrate at a continually changing rate.
> Submitted by Dick Weltz, who voted for 3 & 12. Score: 2
> Voted for by Glen Boswell and Tim Bourne
>
> 11. any dry mixture that foams when moistened.
> Submitted by Guerri Stevens, who voted for 13 & 18. Score: 2
> Voted for by Steve Graham and Keith Hale
>
> 12. to misdirect, as by a magician or illusionist.
> Submitted by Dave Cunningham, who didn't vote. Score: 2
> Voted for by Mike Shefler and Dick Weltz
>
> Submitted by Chuck Emery, who voted for 15 & 18. Score: 3
> Voted for by Keith Hale, Efrem Mallach, and Guerri Stevens
>
> 14. a French trademark for a fluid artificial sweetener.
> Submitted by Hugo Kornelis, who voted for 8 & 18. Score: 0
> Voted for by no one
>
> 15. to break into small chunks, as with stone into gravel.
> Submitted by Keith Hale, who voted for 11 & 13. Score: 4
> Voted for by Glen Boswell, Chuck Emery, Matthew Grieco, and Judy Madnick
>
> 16. [Geol.] of rock, tending to fracture along parallel planes.
> Submitted by Efrem Mallach, who voted for *9* & 13. Score: 2 + *2* = 4
> Voted for by Jim Hart and Judy Madnick
>
> 17. to dispel mundane thoughts and distractions prior to prayer or meditation.
> Submitted by Jim Hart, who voted for 8 & 16. Score: 0
> Voted for by no one
>
> 18. in a sitting posture; esp. of a quadruped sitting with the forelegs upright.
> Submitted by Millie Morgan, who voted for 1 & 5. Score: 6
> Voted for by Tony Abell, Chris Carson, Chuck Emery, Hugo Kornelis, Tim Lodge, and Guerri Stevens
>
> 19. when asked for advice, to offer two or more alternatives but express no preference between them.
> Submitted by Tim Bourne, who voted for 6 & 10. Score: 0
> Voted for by no one
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>
>

--

Dodi Schultz
June 20th, 2013, 09:39 AM
On 6/20/2013 10:16 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
> Dodi,
>
> I apologize, but not much. You may suggilate me at your next opportunity.
>
> Efrem

I can't actually be angry, since after all it was you who provided the
unscrambled listing of defs (which I used for my report; I didn't retype
those). I'll refrain from public comment on any further implications of the
above.

—Dodi

--

—Keith Hale—
June 21st, 2013, 06:55 AM
You know, it really is an honour just to be nominated for real winnah.
Wait. What?
Thanks, four of you, and an even bigger thanks to all of the players that
did NOT vote for my crumbly rock opera, thereby putting me in the
DeeDeeZed. {Da Dealah Zone}
(This is the strangest game since Mayans played Footie with human heads.)

On 20 June 2013 09:39, Dodi Schultz <DodiSchultz (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

> On 6/20/2013 10:16 AM, Efrem Mallach wrote:
>
>> Dodi,
>>
>> I apologize, but not much. You may suggilate me at your next opportunity..
>>
>> Efrem
>>
>
> I can't actually be angry, since after all it was you who provided the
> unscrambled listing of defs (which I used for my report; I didn't retype
> those). I'll refrain from public comment on any further implications of the
> above.
>
> —Dodi
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> "Dixonary" group.
> email to dixonary+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.com<dixonary%2Bunsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_out<https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>
> .
>
>
>

--