PDA

View Full Version : A Giant Day

Mike Landi
September 11th, 2005, 08:01 PM
NY had a good day, at least for sports. How about them Giants. Two special teams TDs and Manning throwing two TDs and 40+ yard pass to set up a third!

Two returns for TDs from NYG special teams. It's been a while for that!

Judy G. Russell
September 11th, 2005, 11:12 PM
One kickoff return for a TD and one punt return for a TD. Know how long it's been since we did that? Only 50 years... October 30, 1955, to be precise!

Mike Landi
September 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM
One kickoff return for a TD and one punt return for a TD. Know how long it's been since we did that? Only 50 years... October 30, 1955, to be precise!

That long? Wow. I'm used to special teams being a weakness, but I did not know we were that far from a really good special teams' day! :D

Judy G. Russell
September 12th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I did not know we were that far from a really good special teams' day! :DI think it's more the other way around: it's that yesterday was just an extra special super special teams' day!

Mike Landi
September 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I think it's more the other way around: it's that yesterday was just an extra special super special teams' day!

Our next game, supposed to be at New Orleans, where is that going to be?

Judy G. Russell
September 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
The Saints are playing a home game at the Meadowlands.

ndebord
September 13th, 2005, 10:56 PM
NY had a good day, at least for sports. How about them Giants. Two special teams TDs and Manning throwing two TDs and 40+ yard pass to set up a third!

Mike,

Overlooked in all the jubilation over the Giant's blowout over Arizona was the play of the rookie fullback Jacobs. All those problems at the red line? Not there this time. They were at the five yard line and he bulled his way into the end zone, also not to overlook his blocking. After getting beat bad early on in the game, he pulverized the Cardinal defense thereafter. He is the run blocker the Giants' have needed for years and perhaps he is the bull to Barber's matador. He was 6-39, the proverbial 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Mike Landi
September 14th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Okay. Thanks. Go Big Blue!

Judy G. Russell
September 14th, 2005, 11:07 PM
You know, after Katrina, I could almost root for the Saints, just this once. Then again Arizona didn't do a #$%# thing for us after 9/11, so forget it.

Mike Landi
September 15th, 2005, 08:34 AM
You know, after Katrina, I could almost root for the Saints, just this once. Then again Arizona didn't do a #$%# thing for us after 9/11, so forget it.

Bite your tongue! This is sports. No mercy! <g>

(I hope the Saints do well, except against us.)

Judy G. Russell
September 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM
(I hope the Saints do well, except against us.)Fair enough!