Mike Landi
September 6th, 2005, 09:20 PM
They can't beat Tampa Bay!

4 games back.

STOOOOPID Yankees.....
:(

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I can't believe it. It was 3-0 Yankees in the second #$%@# inning!

ndebord
September 7th, 2005, 12:57 AM
They can't beat Tampa Bay!

4 games back.

STOOOOPID Yankees.....
:(

This has to be on Torre. Cano, like Giambi, shouldn't be in there in the later innings. You need defense in such a tight game, even if you give up some offense and you can't convince me that Cano is a reliable hitter (yet).

Four games back. Yuk

ndebord
September 7th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I can't believe it. It was 3-0 Yankees in the second #$%@# inning!

Judy,

Unbelievable. Johnson is 0-3 against the worst team in the division.

And he can't hold a three run lead.

<sigh>

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Johnson is 0-3 against the worst team in the division.

And he can't hold a three run lead.

Tampa Bay has been the biggest PITA to us. <sigh>

ndebord
September 7th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Tampa Bay has been the biggest PITA to us. <sigh>

Was it Gordon in the 7th who gave up the tying run when they pulled Johnson? (The run was Johnson's, but I didn't see that inning so don't know how they pulled even. The last time I saw anything Johnson was leading 3-2.)

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Mindboggling. Then again the entire Yankee performance this season against the Devil Rays has been mindboggling. Something like 20% of all the games the Devil Rays have won all season have been against the Yanks.

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Was it Gordon in the 7th who gave up the tying run when they pulled Johnson?

Yep.

Then Cano's error let in the winning run.

ndebord
September 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Yep.

Then Cano's error let in the winning run.

Great. Gordon can't abide leaving with a lead intact and Cano is making rookie mistakes in pressure situations.

Really great. I mean after last year's meltdown, they hadda know that Gordon wasn't up to pressure, but there he is. Still pitching in the 7th and 8th innings.

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Coming from a 4-0 deficit in the first to win 5-4... finally!

ndebord
September 7th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Coming from a 4-0 deficit in the first to win 5-4... finally!

Note to Bomber fans. After Wright, the Yankees went to Sturtze, not Gordon to get them to Rivera.

Any victory over an irritant like Tampa Bay is satisfying. Still 4 games out and 1/2 game in front of Cleveland for a wild card berth.

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Note to Bomber fans. After Wright, the Yankees went to Sturtze, not Gordon to get them to Rivera.

Any victory over an irritant like Tampa Bay is satisfying. Still 4 games out and 1/2 game in front of Cleveland for a wild card berth.

I noticed that Torre went to Sturtze. How about Wright? He showed something yesterday. Getting his *ss kicked and being down by two runs after only eight pitches, then down by 4 at the end of the first, but then no more runs! That is a mature pitcher. Wright has grown up a lot since his Cleveland days.

Now, tonight we see Wang for the first time since the All Star break. I hope he is okay.

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Any victory over an irritant like Tampa Bay is satisfying. Ain't that the truth...

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Now, tonight we see Wang for the first time since the All Star break. I hope he is okay.We really need to have him and everybody else healthy as we head into this weekend...

ndebord
September 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I noticed that Torre went to Sturtze. How about Wright? He showed something yesterday. Getting his *ss kicked and being down by two runs after only eight pitches, then down by 4 at the end of the first, but then no more runs! That is a mature pitcher. Wright has grown up a lot since his Cleveland days.

Now, tonight we see Wang for the first time since the All Star break. I hope he is okay.

Mike,

I sure hope Wang is good, 'cause then Leiter can sit down. Johnson, Wright, Chacon, Small, Wang. Not too bad a rotation, particularly after this screwy season.

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
We really need to have him and everybody else healthy as we head into this weekend...

I wonder if he is ready. Wright looks like he is okay. Johnson is about as good as we can expect (which is probably not good enough), Small and Chacon are great. Moose?.....

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I sure hope Wang is good, 'cause then Leiter can sit down. Johnson, Wright, Chacon, Small, Wang. Not too bad a rotation, particularly after this screwy season.

The problem is Johnson. If he keeps his perormance up, we will do fine. If he falters, we're dead. The other worry is Gordon, but you already knew that. <g>

ndebord
September 8th, 2005, 08:15 PM
The problem is Johnson. If he keeps his perormance up, we will do fine. If he falters, we're dead. The other worry is Gordon, but you already knew that. <g>

Well, the problems continue. Tonight in the 7th inning, the Yankees are down 6 zip. Wang gave up 3 runs in 5 innings and middle relief promptly doubled that.

And the Tampa Bay pitcher is a lefthander who is mowing them down like tumbleweed.

<sigh>

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Well, the problems continue. Tonight in the 7th inning, the Yankees are down 6 zip. Wang gave up 3 runs in 5 innings and middle relief promptly doubled that.

And the Tampa Bay pitcher is a lefthander who is mowing them down like tumbleweed.

<sigh>

and we come back with four, but Felix gave one back.

<sigh>

We need three in the ninth to just tie.

(at the moment, Boston is being shut out, but Cleveland won so we are out of the wild card at the moment.)

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM
We need three in the ninth to just tie.
And we didn't get 'em. Sigh... I am not sorry to see the Devil Rays leave.

Mike Landi
September 9th, 2005, 10:14 AM
And we didn't get 'em. Sigh... I am not sorry to see the Devil Rays leave.

How is it that the D-Rays' pitchers save their good games for us???? I saw a lot of that game, they were good! That guy last night has a 6+ ERA on the season and he pitched like Pedro last night.

Judy G. Russell
September 9th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Half of it, I think, is that they believe they can win... and we're convinced we're gonna lose.